User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
TheSeeker OP
Slingin' Steel

Oddometer: 198
Talking Post Dust2Dawson BBQ at Trail's End BMW

Hey ADV'ers, This is Justin from Trail's End BMW in Fairbanks. I wanted to get this out to test the waters here...

We are planning a post Dust2Dawson Barbeque at the shop on Sunday, June 24th starting at Noon. I had such a great time at D2D last year and didn't want the trip to end! So I got to thinking... Why not keep the party going a little longer? Who wants to come to Fairbanks and have some free grub?

Many of you know that Fairbanks' Farthest North Harley-Davidson Outpost took over the Trail's End BMW shop that was originated by the infamous George Rahn a couple of years back... Through a stroke of sheer luck and lots and lots of miles, I ended up in Fairbanks to head up the BMW portion of the business.

Some of the big changes for this year are the additions of Touratech Accessories and Heidenau Tires to our already well stocked parts department. And I am all ears for suggestions!

I've started a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trail...35675129806997 *Please stop by to "Like" us.

I also kept a ride report on my trip to Texas last fall on a 2009 BMW K1200LT (6000+ miles in 9 days) that can be found here: www.trailsendbmw.blogspot.com

If you'd like to hear about some of my previous adventuring drop me a note at: trailsendbmw@gmail.com

-or- stop by my personal blog, that was subject to much ADVrider bashing: www.where-is-g.blogspot.com

I look forward to hearing from, and most importantly, riding with you all again soon!

-Justin
TheSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
Fighter
Head Gruver

Oddometer: 4,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeeker View Post
Hey ADV'ers, This is Justin from Trail's End BMW in Fairbanks. I wanted to get this out to test the waters here...

We are planning a post Dust2Dawson Barbeque at the shop on Sunday, June 24th starting at Noon. I had such a great time at D2D last year and didn't want the trip to end! So I got to thinking... Why not keep the party going a little longer? Who wants to come to Fairbanks and have some free grub?

Many of you know that Fairbanks' Farthest North Harley-Davidson Outpost took over the Trail's End BMW shop that was originated by the infamous George Rahn a couple of years back... Through a stroke of sheer luck and lots and lots of miles, I ended up in Fairbanks to head up the BMW portion of the business.

Some of the big changes for this year are the additions of Touratech Accessories and Heidenau Tires to our already well stocked parts department. And I am all ears for suggestions!

I've started a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trail...35675129806997 *Please stop by to "Like" us.

I also kept a ride report on my trip to Texas last fall on a 2009 BMW K1200LT (6000+ miles in 9 days) that can be found here: www.trailsendbmw.blogspot.com

If you'd like to hear about some of my previous adventuring drop me a note at: trailsendbmw@gmail.com

-or- stop by my personal blog, that was subject to much ADVrider bashing: www.where-is-g.blogspot.com

I look forward to hearing from, and most importantly, riding with you all again soon!

-Justin

Hey D2Ders.... let's help Justin out a bit here by speaking up so he can take a collective temperature.

Justin came to me with this Fairbanks barbeque idea last year and wanted to know what I thought. We talked about a pre vs a post D2D get-down and kind of both agreed that a post event would most likely draw the bigger crowd. I am thinking a few lower 48ers might still be heading north after D2D... plus we might get a few Anchorriders who aren't quite ready to end their ride.

Those were just my thoughts.
What about the rest of you???
Justin will need some lead time so give a shout out on your interest/preference.

Step right up and speak into the mic.
Fite
Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #3
KHuddy
Big Sky Country

Oddometer: 2,740
We plan on heading that way after D2D and would welcome the BBQ. If is also a chance for folks to pick-up all the swag they won in Dawson that Trails End is going to provide. Make sure George gets an invite.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
Cubdriver
Stampede Swimmer

Oddometer: 673
I think I am on board for that. A little out of the way, but I bet there will be plenty of company heading back south after the BBQ. Do people always leave there on the same day?

For Mrs CD:F650GS, G650GS
Cubdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:20 PM   #5
mnesci
Adventure Dad

Oddometer: 142
Im coming up from Chicago and will miss D2D, but should probably be in Faibanks by Sunday the 24th. Im very interested and hoping to stay at the Fairbanks dorms.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:30 PM   #6
TSD
Adventurer Wannabe

Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeeker View Post

Didn't realize that Trail's End was still there! I am also heading that way (Prudhoe Bay bound) after the D2D. I'll definitely stop in if the party continues...

May be looking for a fresh set of Tourances for the GSA on the way back for the trip to back to Phila. Is that something you have in stock? Can you PM me the prices for a 110/80-19 and a 150/70-17 and mounting/balancing?
TSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #7
KHuddy
Big Sky Country

Oddometer: 2,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubdriver View Post
I think I am on board for that. A little out of the way, but I bet there will be plenty of company heading back south after the BBQ. Do people always leave there on the same day?
Dawson thins out a great deal on Saturday. Many of the Anchorage / Squarebanks riders stop in Tok for Saturday nite and others ride all the way home.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #8
AJ990R
motorcycle guy

Oddometer: 201
Im coming that way after D2D...Prudhoe bay bound as well!
Old 02-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #9
Solarmoose
electric

Oddometer: 688
Great Idea

Justin,
Sounds like a PLAN. Cee and I are in. If you need any help let us know. Its on my calendar.
David
Solarmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #10
AK Bob
AKAM

Oddometer: 213
I've been in..

Since Justin was trying to get his boss to buy off on it. It should be fun and work out great for Everyone.
'84 R100rt
'88 R100gs
AK Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:54 PM   #11
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,112
I'm with AKbeemer. If I can make this trip I plan leaving Dawson Sat. morning and camping in Tok Sat night. If the BBQ is Sat. and I can get leave a month after signing into a new company, I'm in!!!!

Drunk_Uncle screwed with this post 02-12-2012 at 04:37 PM
Drunk_Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:52 PM   #12
TheSeeker OP
Slingin' Steel

Oddometer: 198
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKBeemer View Post
We plan on heading that way after D2D and would welcome the BBQ. If is also a chance for folks to pick-up all the swag they won in Dawson that Trails End is going to provide. Make sure George gets an invite.
I will be sure to let George know. I'm hoping to get out to his place this summer. George joined us at our shop Christmas party this year and said he'd let me take a ride on his R80GS! Not going to pass up that offer.

Hoping the bosses will donate a nice amount of swag... Keep the replies coming to push the interest meter off the charts.
TheSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #13
beemerphile
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ990R View Post
Im coming that way after D2D...Prudhoe bay bound as well!
That matches my plans as well. Looks like there will be several who are taking on the Dalton after the Dempster. I would be in for the event.
beemerphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:16 AM   #14
AlaskaTiger
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
I'm in. Might not make D2D (want to) but will definitely hit the BBQ. Thanks for thinking of this, Justin.
AlaskaTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #15
Spousal Unit
Concubine

Oddometer: 82
In! Trails end has the most awesome cooks!
07 F650GS Thumper / 11 F650GS Twin
/2014 F800 GS
Spousal Unit is offline   Reply With Quote