ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 10:58 PM   #16
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)
 
shrineclown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Bruins Nation
Oddometer: 9,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
No.
From what I am reading, the heads think it is a toss up. I thought the Wales team was pretty stout.
__________________
Life is Good and Getting Better Every Day!
shrineclown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:23 AM   #17
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...
 
Mercury264's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Masshole
Oddometer: 21,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
From what I am reading, the heads think it is a toss up. I thought the Wales team was pretty stout.
I live in hope but reality says Wales are the strong favorites - especially given the way England have played so far. I really hope I'm wrong though....
__________________
'12 Tiger 800XC
'07 TE510
'02 Sprint ST
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #18
Frougby OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Frougby's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Shame'em OR
Oddometer: 717
Well I haven't really been following injuries except for french players, but here is how it will be this weekend.

Wales by 4
Ireland by 5
France by 6

Anyway I hope its not too rainy up in Murrayfield for the game nor that the Scots get paid back some luck on this occasion.

I've been thinking that France v Wales would be the game this tourney, but it might be this weekend I'm starting to wonder eng is gauging it to just get jobs done.
Frougby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:03 AM   #19
Chisenhallw
Avowed Pussbag
 
Chisenhallw's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: I've narrowed it down to 'earth'. Or 'Baltimore'.
Oddometer: 5,201
[QUOTE=Frougby;18068118]

Wales by 4/QUOTE]


I dunno about that one. Could go either way. Too close to call, IMHO. I've been loving the rise of Welsh rugby, but I am an English fan.
__________________
2001 Kawasaki Concours
2001 Suzuki SV650
MD ABC TOR
I review motorcycles for 2wheelsandamotor.com
Chisenhallw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #20
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)
 
shrineclown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Bruins Nation
Oddometer: 9,800
It was a close one. The beaners played well. Ireland over France by 20.
__________________
Life is Good and Getting Better Every Day!
shrineclown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #21
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...
 
Mercury264's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Masshole
Oddometer: 21,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
It was a close one. The beaners played well. Ireland over France by 20.
Very close game indeed. Much improved performance from England - apart from some stupid stupid decisions at times. They're young, they'll learn.

Little disappointed with Wales to be honest, I thought they'd play much better. Their try was simply magnificent, just a fantastic individual effort that had it all, ripping the ball, great kick and good run. Excellent.

Was it a try at the end ? I honestly don't know, I thought he got it down over the line but I can't say I saw much downward pressure. Overall, probably the right result
__________________
'12 Tiger 800XC
'07 TE510
'02 Sprint ST
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:54 PM   #22
Frougby OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Frougby's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Shame'em OR
Oddometer: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
Their try was simply magnificent, just a fantastic individual effort that had it all, ripping the ball, great kick and good run. Excellent.
I can't recall seeing such a great single effort try that involved defensive and offensive efforts like that. Williams(?) was awesome.

I can't remember the welshman that put the hit on farrel in the first half after farrel reclaimed his kick ahead near the try line but it was awesome.
Frougby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #23
Frougby OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Frougby's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Shame'em OR
Oddometer: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
Was it a try at the end ? I honestly don't know, I thought he got it down over the line but I can't say I saw much downward pressure. Overall, probably the right result
I think it was a try. However maybe the most important aspect of the game today is that the poms didn't just get every favored call by the referee. The video referee was right not to award it since no angle was conclusive but by putting them together I thought it was a try. However, the conversion would have been missed from far right.

For a rebuilding year it looks good for the poms.
Frougby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:17 PM   #24
Frougby OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Frougby's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Shame'em OR
Oddometer: 717
Les Irlandais handled the itals a little too well for my liking but before we discuss the tricolors and trefle matchup I need to make sure they get by the scots.

Also, as creator of this thread i just want to proclaim my displeasure at the lack of predictions you FFs are making each week. So catch up on the tourney overall and week to week.
Frougby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:33 AM   #25
George Papadopolis
between
 
George Papadopolis's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Neverland
Oddometer: 8,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frougby View Post
Also, as creator of this thread i just want to proclaim my displeasure at the lack of predictions you FFs are making each week.
The sweaties will deliver a shocker....one way or another!
__________________
“All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.”
― Francis of Assisi
George Papadopolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:45 AM   #26
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...
 
Mercury264's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Masshole
Oddometer: 21,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frougby View Post
I think it was a try. However maybe the most important aspect of the game today is that the poms didn't just get every favored call by the referee. The video referee was right not to award it since no angle was conclusive but by putting them together I thought it was a try. However, the conversion would have been missed from far right.

For a rebuilding year it looks good for the poms.
I think the key was nobody could say decisively that it was a try. Oh well. I agree though 'the poms' played much better.

I have to say I was a little ticked at the end that a penalty try wasn't given - there was penalty after penalty conceded by Wales and given how close to the try line they were, England can feel a little aggrieved they weren't awarded a penalty try.
__________________
'12 Tiger 800XC
'07 TE510
'02 Sprint ST
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #27
Frougby OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Frougby's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Shame'em OR
Oddometer: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicharino View Post
The sweaties will deliver a shocker....one way or another!
One man's sweaty is another man's fragrant.
Frougby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #28
Frougby OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Frougby's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Shame'em OR
Oddometer: 717
Well maybe we need to post up a sticky thread and solicit funds to buy Scotland a final 20 minutes of a match. Looks like some good youngsters are coming up for them, but Lamont's broken leg will be a blow. Good performance by the scots though.

France without Medardis going to take their game down a bit, but I still think les bleus will have enough to beat the irish.
Frougby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #29
Frougby OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Frougby's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Shame'em OR
Oddometer: 717
France v Ireland

Looks like rain tomorrow in Paris and that does not bode well for France and even worse, Poitrenaud will be at fullback. Ireland seemed to handle Italy very well however it's going to be France by 4. Ireland will have the lead at some point but les bleus will have it in hand for the last 15 minutes.
Frougby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #30
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)
 
shrineclown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Bruins Nation
Oddometer: 9,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frougby View Post
France v Ireland

Looks like rain tomorrow in Paris and that does not bode well for France and even worse, Poitrenaud will be at fullback. Ireland seemed to handle Italy very well however it's going to be France by 4. Ireland will have the lead at some point but les bleus will have it in hand for the last 15 minutes.

Eh, I still think Ireland is going to have a go. May not be 20, but I think they have a good chance.
__________________
Life is Good and Getting Better Every Day!
shrineclown is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014