User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2012, 08:10 PM   #136
superdutyGS OP
lone rider

Oddometer: 838
more

timbercat and 4corners.....so glad you liked the report. ......hope you put one up after you guys get to make the run. thanks for reading through it all

Late Starter....Jerry..well I will be.....another first. got you to post your first time my brother. Nova Scotia in 2012 buddy, Scott an Wayne and I are planning the "sequel run"

Set tall in the saddle, hold your head up high...Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky....Live like you aint afraid to die. And don't be scared, just enjoy the ride. "Chris Ledoux"
superdutyGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:14 PM   #137
superdutyGS OP
lone rider

replies abound

Highrider.......glad you enjoyed the report....thanks for the comments.
Mountain Dew....Welcome back to the world of two wheels my friend....beats therapy for stress management....

Mroddis.....a 950 is a great choice.....I had an 07 990 for about a month. the only bike I ever had that scared me. Had to sell it or I would have probably lost my license...way too fast. Went 100 everywhere....great machines and the slogan..race ready" is for real. be safe and enjoy

Set tall in the saddle, hold your head up high...Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky....Live like you aint afraid to die. And don't be scared, just enjoy the ride. "Chris Ledoux"
Old 02-25-2012, 10:04 PM   #138
dogmoon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
Ride report

Thanks for the pictures and great ride report. Sorry about your mom, it was sad that it had to happen on your trip but at least you have the comfort that she has no more worries or problems and that she is in a better place all the more that we should live everyday like it is our last.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:50 AM   #139
superdutyGS OP
lone rider

hey

Thanks dogmoon.......well said and I appreciate it.

Old 02-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #140
Dracula
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 434
Great trip report

Superduty, I read your trip report as I did many others here, yours is very different for me for its spiritual description, allot more so than others. This is everything I appreciate about long rides, immersing in the journey with the human experience makes a trip complete.
Thanks for sharing it and hope you have many more to come.
Dracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:53 PM   #141
superdutyGS OP
lone rider

input

Thank you Count...........it was indeed a spirtual journey. Those long days in the center of wilderness beauty are as close to heaven as an a man can be on earth I believe.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #142
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,684
Superduty, got a little behind here at the end.. But I'm glad to get caught up.
It's neat to see your buddies jump in on your RR. Four guys from NE Missouri, all on different type bikes, just like riding and seeing the planet. Pretty cool.
Tough way to end a great trip, and the two events will probably be forever linked.
Thanks again for sharing your pics, plans, and words.

Jeff
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #143
CDCSlim
Rock On

Oddometer: 444
Great RR

Thanks for sharing. Only 86 days until four of us leave from PA and head for Alaska on many of the roads you experienced. Can you tell I'm excited. Already counting the days.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #144
superdutyGS OP
lone rider

reptort

thank you Jeff, thanks Slim. Interesting point about the 2 events being linked always. I know that is true and it is not a bad thing at all really. When I wrote the report I was surprised how many things came back about the people we met on the road and the interesting conversations. I really hope to get back up there in a couple years.
Just replaced my 95 with 02 GS from California that I can't wait to fly our and ride home. There is nothing like riding up there. I have been trying to figure out what is now on my bucket list as Number one. Funny thing is I think it is another trip to Alaska. Ahead of Europe or the TAT or Mexico and Central America.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #145
orbiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 344
Thanks for writing the RR. I know it is work. And I also know you can read it over and over and relive it your self. My wife and I (on 1 bike) did the AK trip in 2011 also. We did very few reservations, but we did have the camping option for back-up. Depending on the weather, we would camp or motel.
Did I read that there is a planning the "sequel run"? (out west) ?

Many of these were taken on the road down to Valdez on the Richardson Highway
KEN

orbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:13 AM   #146
superdutyGS OP
lone rider

pictures

Oh Ken that is great, I just love the pictures of the float planes too. Hoping our group goes to the North East next summer to visit and tour Nova Scotia. Though I am really looking forward to going back to Alaska and seeing the things I did not get too this past summer. Would spend more time in the Kenai and hope to fish a day or two.
Thanks for adding your pics.....Man I just love Alaska.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:19 AM   #147
toydoc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
I found your RR last night and did a long night reading most of it. We talked a bit in 09 about the ride I did in 08. Glad to see that you made it. No one can really know how grand the trip can be until you have done it. The pictures made me think about my trip and relive it. Thanks for the report and I know that there are some out there that will get more inspired to try it.
toydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #148
superdutyGS OP
lone rider

Thanks toydoc. I appreciate you reading it. Pretty much everytime I read through these reports I remember something else I saw or someone I met and forgot in my report. I am positive I am going to go back in the next couple years.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #149
Cyclenaut
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76

Great RR ! Keep 'em coming !
Cyclenaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:11 PM   #150
Crashes
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
ride report

You are doing a great rr, so keep it coming. If the world is still here in 2013 then my friend and I are going. Saving the money now to go. If you could be so kind and give some kind of costs you had would be very helpful. Georgia is a long way from Alaska.

Thanks
Crashes is offline   Reply With Quote