ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #1
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,355
WHACO the 2012 edition...

It is that time again, time to start planning what for many of us will be the first "rally" of the 2012 season. (and if you believe the Mayans it may be our last)

Saturday May 19th is the open house at Whitehorse Gear in Conway NH.

As in years past we will be meeting up at the Saco River Camping area on 302 in North Conway. I have reserved the same site as last year, It should still be $7 a head payable at the gate when you arrive. We will take up a collection for firewood and have a group fire going in the evening

On Saturday we will be headed over to Whitehorse gear for the open house and BBQ lunch..and a little shopping if you have any last minute needs..

In years past we have headed for Jamaica VT but I was tiring of the same destination so theothersean volunteered to set up a camp ground in the Republic of Massachusetts. Sean assures me there is lots of gravel roads, 2 track and twisty bits of pavement for us to ride in central Mass.

So since we are still in the planning stages I just wanted to get the dates out there so people could start making their plans for the season. As we get things firmed up for Saturday and Sunday nights in Mass we will announce the locations.

Now for the important stuff. This is yet another no frills rally. If you want it you better bring it the only thing we are arranging is a place to camp at night and a group fire pit to relax around. There will be no organized rides! Sean, myself and others will help with routes and route suggestions but I am sorry we are not into parade style riding. We do however love to get together at night to drink beer and tell stories. Folks are welcome to join us for any or all of the days. I plan to be in North Conway by early afternoon on Friday to enjoy some of the local riding. and I plan on staying in Mass till late morning on Monday.

WHACO 2012
Friday May 18th till Monday the 21st
Friday night camping at Saco River Camping Area North Conway, NH $7 per person

MASSACHUSETTS CAMPGROUND INFO
http://www.thewagonwheelcampground.com/index.html

we have it reserved for saturday and sunday night may 19-20

Check in at the gate when you arrive
$10 per person per night

we can get a collection for firewood and they will deliver it to the site .

I set aside 4 big sites for now , one of them will have a stone fire pit we can get the wood delivered to that one and put tents on the other sites .
If the size of the group gets larger she will give us additional sites as needed .

as it gets a bit closer we will need a head count for those heading to mass for the 2nd half of the whaco rally .

The "In list"
PWRCRZR
theothersean
theotherwife
Mikewillsmith
internalcombust
drc42
MWValley
AndyCap
Evilclown (sharing a tent with Kevin)
NHBill
Captain Crunch
Kawonabeemer
Baiku
Mercury264
Beez (now your on the list ya gotta come) ((see I told ya))
Tslapper
2Twisted
MrRay
Happycamper
BBQ'er (out)
loph917 +2
cjbiker
Autocracy
Junkyard
Folkgirl
Kiwi93 (it's complicated)
Blackfly
Titania

On the fence
Photobiker
Geode

Links to the last two events..

WHACO 2011

WHACO 2010

And here is the new sticker for this years ride, I will use the "In" list to determine how many to order.

Many thanks to fellow inmate scarygary for designing the sticker this year. I posted in the vendor section looking for a designer/supplier and Gary offered his services for a nominal fee

However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"

PWRCRZR screwed with this post 05-14-2012 at 07:02 PM
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
drc42
Rally Dreamer

Oddometer: 1,737
Nice looking sticker design

I gotta have one so I guess that means I am IN!
Help support my racing addiction and look cool doing it! Buy a T-shirt or hat from the Dakar Dream Store
drc42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #3
henrymartin
Mr. Tourguide

Oddometer: 3,219
Nice sticker!

I wish I could go, but it is very unlikely, as I'll be attempting to conquer Nova Scotia and PEI the following week. Have fun everyone!
henrymartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #4
MWValley
Gadget Guy Supérieur

Oddometer: 630
Time to go WHACO!

Hey there RGFW! (Rider Guy From Woolwich)

Thanks for getting such an early start on this. You are 100% correct. The Open House (7th annual!) is slated for May 19th from 10:00 to 3:00 as in the past. Seems like not that long ago we wondered if we held an open house, would anyone even come? We fed 65 riders the first year. In 2010 640 rolled in. And we had lunch ready for them too! Even with the rain last year we still BBQ'd for 440. Thanks for coming or we'd have had too much food leftover! We're grateful for everyone's interest in Whitehorse Gear. There would be no company, obviously enough, without great customers.

If there's ever anything we can do for any inmates while you're in the greater Happy Valley area (before, during, or after WHACO) please let us know. We'd love to help. By the way, do they allow you to bring in firewood? Or must you buy it from the campground? If you can haul some in, I can bring a bunch of pallet wood. I'll whip out my Husky chainsaw with the junk-for-nails chain and buzz up a load of good, hard, dry pallet wood for you.

Sign me up too! I've never gone on the extended WHACO camping trip before and it's about damn time I do. I am usually pretty busy working at the open house and entertaining all the friends and family I brought into town (from away) to help us work the open house. They'll just have to take care of themselves this year.

Also I'd like to liberate some trinkets from Whitehorse and see if you can devise a way to pick some winners thereof during the weekend. Maybe during the sacrificial bonfire or some such other wonderful pagan event.

Thanks again!

Jeff

When life hands you melons, you could be dyslexic.

MWValley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
internalcombust
Yes its dirty, thanks.

Oddometer: 1,586
See you there, cause you know I am in.
internalcombust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #6
AndyCap
Mineral Oil Anyone?

Oddometer: 1,415
IN!! WoooT!!
AndyCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #7
mikewillsmith
Not the f'g fresh prince!

Oddometer: 1,803
Very IN!!
Old 02-16-2012, 02:04 AM   #8
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 15,981
In.

Between helping Carl break in the new wheels and seeing Jeff get his bike dirty this is now a must do event. It always has been, David. Nice sticker, btw.

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:16 AM   #9
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWValley View Post
Hey there RGFW! (Rider Guy From Woolwich)

Thanks for getting such an early start on this. You are 100% correct. The Open House (7th annual!) is slated for May 19th from 10:00 to 3:00 as in the past. Seems like not that long ago we wondered if we held an open house, would anyone even come? We fed 65 riders the first year. In 2010 640 rolled in. And we had lunch ready for them too! Even with the rain last year we still BBQ'd for 440. Thanks for coming or we'd have had too much food leftover! We're grateful for everyone's interest in Whitehorse Gear. There would be no company, obviously enough, without great customers.

If there's ever anything we can do for any inmates while you're in the greater Happy Valley area (before, during, or after WHACO) please let us know. We'd love to help. By the way, do they allow you to bring in firewood? Or must you buy it from the campground? If you can haul some in, I can bring a bunch of pallet wood. I'll whip out my Husky chainsaw with the junk-for-nails chain and buzz up a load of good, hard, dry pallet wood for you.

Sign me up too! I've never gone on the extended WHACO camping trip before and it's about damn time I do. I am usually pretty busy working at the open house and entertaining all the friends and family I brought into town (from away) to help us work the open house. They'll just have to take care of themselves this year.

Also I'd like to liberate some trinkets from Whitehorse and see if you can devise a way to pick some winners thereof during the weekend. Maybe during the sacrificial bonfire or some such other wonderful pagan event.

Thanks again!

Jeff
Hey Jeff, It will be great to see you ride along with us this year.

Trinkets are always good but not mandatory..

I will check on the firewood..Thanks for the offer.
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:59 AM   #10
Tslapper
#!

Oddometer: 5,966
In!
Tslapper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:19 AM   #11
NHBill
Loosely Wrapped

Oddometer: 1,356
IN!!!!
"There's a very fine line dividing bravery from stupidity..."
2009 F650GS
NHBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:35 AM   #12
themobb
Is this thing on???

Oddometer: 504
-----------------

A great time was had by all last year, including this old f*rt. This year we're expecting to be half way to Montana by mid May so I'll have to read about the shenanigans....

PS: Here's hoping for better weather this year!

Have fun,

Lance
themobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:35 AM   #13
internalcombust
Yes its dirty, thanks.

Oddometer: 1,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tslapper View Post
In!

Oh boy, there goes the neighborhood!
internalcombust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:37 AM   #14
loph917
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 4,272
Old 02-16-2012, 05:42 AM   #15
drc42
Rally Dreamer

Oddometer: 1,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by loph917 View Post
Cummon loph, your last trip up this way got cut short so you gotta make this one. You need to show your girlfriend that it doesn't snow here ALL the time.
Help support my racing addiction and look cool doing it! Buy a T-shirt or hat from the Dakar Dream Store
drc42 is online now   Reply With Quote