ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
Nolan Woodbury OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Nolan Woodbury's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Casa Grande, Arizona
Oddometer: 119
New Paul Dunstall feature

"Production Specials" is a series I've started to highlight special, or low production builders and bikes. Part II features the work of Paul Dunstall: http://www.vintagemotorcyclesonline....ecials-part-ii

Here's hoping you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed putting it together-

Nolan Woodbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
pommie john
Beastly Adventurer
 
pommie john's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Brisvegas, Australia
Oddometer: 1,368
Is that a pool of oil it's being reflected in?




Sorry, couldn't resist.
__________________
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
Bertrand Russell
pommie john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #3
Nolan Woodbury OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Nolan Woodbury's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Casa Grande, Arizona
Oddometer: 119
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommie john View Post
Is that a pool of oil it's being reflected in?




Sorry, couldn't resist.


That's ridiculously funny and...mad because I didn't think of it.
Nolan Woodbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:56 AM   #4
Tar snakes
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Tar snakes's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Down Under
Oddometer: 154
Nolan, that was a great read, I really appreciated the article.

It brought back memories of riding pillion on a Dunstall piped CB750 and at the time thinking it was the greatest experience of my lifetime!

Cheers Jules.
__________________
tarsnakes.com.au
Tar snakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:13 AM   #5
Reryder
Onward through the fog...
 
Reryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Cairns, Oz
Oddometer: 1,398
That's great. Thanks for posting.
It was picking up this magazine, below, at the age of 11 in 1968 with the red Dunstall Dominator on the front that very first got me interested in motorcycles. Had never given them a though before, but one glance at a Duntsall triggered something that never went away.
40 something years later I have three featherbeds in the shed, (two of them cafes with Harley engines), and a bright red Honda VFR with the fairing and clip-ons that seemed unobtainably exotic as a lad.
__________________
'77 Harley Ironhead 6,000 miles across Oz
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527966

Reryder (AKA Hopper)
1977 Harley Sportster
81 BMWR100RS
01 HONDA VFR800
99 SV650
Ancient Harley 45, Snortster (Sporty engine in a Norton), Norton Atlas, Honda 350/4, Ariel HS scrambler
Reryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:14 AM   #6
Nolan Woodbury OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Nolan Woodbury's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Casa Grande, Arizona
Oddometer: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reryder View Post
That's great. Thanks for posting.
It was picking up this magazine, below, at the age of 11 in 1968 with the red Dunstall Dominator on the front that very first got me interested in motorcycles. Had never given them a though before, but one glance at a Duntsall triggered something that never went away.
40 something years later I have three featherbeds in the shed, (two of them cafes with Harley engines), and a bright red Honda VFR with the fairing and clip-ons that seemed unobtainably exotic as a lad.
Dunstall, and his machines seem to have that effect on people. It was all so English...and by that I mean, the face value of what it was shone clearly. Performance and heritage.

I know of that magazine but have not seen it. I'd love to get a copy...or even a scan.
Nolan Woodbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #7
Reryder
Onward through the fog...
 
Reryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Cairns, Oz
Oddometer: 1,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan Woodbury View Post
Dunstall, and his machines seem to have that effect on people. It was all so English...and by that I mean, the face value of what it was shone clearly. Performance and heritage.

I know of that magazine but have not seen it. I'd love to get a copy...or even a scan.
Unfortunately I only have a pic from the net of that mag, dont have the actual mag.
__________________
'77 Harley Ironhead 6,000 miles across Oz
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527966

Reryder (AKA Hopper)
1977 Harley Sportster
81 BMWR100RS
01 HONDA VFR800
99 SV650
Ancient Harley 45, Snortster (Sporty engine in a Norton), Norton Atlas, Honda 350/4, Ariel HS scrambler
Reryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:42 PM   #8
Alti Tude
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Alti Tude's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Loveland, Colorado
Oddometer: 246
Nolan, another great article that makes me miss my old Dunstall Commando. Was a hell of a bike that helped me cause a goodly number of guys on "faster bikes" to wonder what the heck happened...

Ed
__________________
----------------------------------------------------
Keep chasing what seems elusive until the light of understanding overtakes you.
Alti Tude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014