User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2012, 10:13 PM   #1
JD OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 361
Klim Element short gloves?

Just wondering if anybody has tried a pair of these Klim gloves?

Particularly interested in the sizing, as I recall reading that the Adventure gloves are a bit on the small side, so wondering if these are too?

According to the sizing chart on the website my palm circumference of 9 1/2" equates to a Large.

I have a pair of Fox Bomber gloves in XL that fit ok, but they're not waterproof and the palms tend to bunch up and give me blisters. I also have a pair of Five WFX Tech winter gloves in XL that are a bit snug and take forever to put on (I don't seem to have much luck with gloves).

Unfortunately trying them on isn't an option as no-one seems to have them in Australia yet.

Cheers,
JD
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 1,963
I don't own a set but did try them on in the MC store one day.
I usually run in an XL, but found these were a L.
I remember finding that strange because I, as you heard that the ADV gloves ran small.
I will more than likely get a set for this season. Being waterproof and a glove I have not had good luck with.
Hopefully these will be H2O proof and do double duty as a do all type glove.
They did seem thick and fairly warm when I tried them, so as a pure summer glove they might be a bit to hot.
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:10 PM   #3
Rainier_runner
Epic Adventurer

Oddometer: 233
I have a pair. Wear an XL glove, and purchased these in an XL. They fit a little bulkier than the gloves I was using prior. But those gloves were MX gloves with little to no protection. These are my 1st pair of gloves of this type, and so far I absolutely love them. Super comfortable, super dry, plenty warm, and seem to offer great protection. Although I haven't put the protection to the test. I rode in both 32 degrees and fog, and 34 degrees and freezing rain, both times my hands were the only part of me that were happy! Well worth the money in my opinion, I'd definately buy them again.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:53 AM   #4
JD OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.

If it's not too much trouble do you reckon you could measure the circumference of your palm at the widest point with a soft tape measure?
Old 02-20-2012, 07:53 AM   #5
Rainier_runner
Epic Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Evil View Post
Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.

If it's not too much trouble do you reckon you could measure the circumference of your palm at the widest point with a soft tape measure?
I'm at work now. But i'll see what i can do when I get home today.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
jasonmt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 373
I am ~9.75" and have a pair in XL, I could probably fit into a pair of L but prefer to wear a thin liner underneath so went with the XL.
jasonmt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:16 PM   #7
Rainier_runner
Epic Adventurer

Sorry it took me a minute to get back. Wife is outta town on business, so Im doin double time with my 22 month old baby boy. He's keeping me on my toes and away from the forum.

But onto it. My hands are right at 9.75 inches as well. And i like the fit with the XL.

Any other questions I may be able to help with, let me know!

Old 02-22-2012, 12:35 AM   #8
JD OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks fellas, at 9.5 i'm thinking I might go for a Large, but i'll see if I can find a US supplier that is willing to exchange them if I get the size wrong.

Just a shame they're not available over here yet, at nearly $200 including shipping from the states you really want them to fit properly.

Cheers,
JD
Old 02-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #9
jasonmt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Evil View Post
Thanks fellas, at 9.5 i'm thinking I might go for a Large, but i'll see if I can find a US supplier that is willing to exchange them if I get the size wrong.

Just a shame they're not available over here yet, at nearly $200 including shipping from the states you really want them to fit properly.

Cheers,
JD
I have had no issues with Revzilla shipping to Canada, they have a very generous exchange policy and I even believe there is a ADV rider discount:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/klim-element-gloves

I have heard good things about Atomic Moto as well but have no firsthand experiences with them to relate:

http://www.atomic-moto.com/Klim-Elem...rt-_p_372.html
jasonmt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:35 PM   #10
JD OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmt View Post
I have had no issues with Revzilla shipping to Canada, they have a very generous exchange policy and I even believe there is a ADV rider discount:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/klim-element-gloves

I have heard good things about Atomic Moto as well but have no firsthand experiences with them to relate:

http://www.atomic-moto.com/Klim-Elem...rt-_p_372.html

I looked at Revzilla, but they have a $300 minimum on international orders.

Ended up buying a pair of size L on Ebay US, so if you see some for sale in the flea market in a week or two you will know I guessed wrong.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:49 AM   #11
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,204
ask Brian
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606596
he is amazingly helpful and the one who helped w/ the Klim ADV glove sizing

revzilla is also great
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=425821
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/k...es#reviews_tab
1st review says large but that is subjective.
video says that are larger american cut vrs narrower revit/euro cut.

call Touratech. they have great phone support and have them in stock.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350

eakins screwed with this post 02-23-2012 at 09:16 AM
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #12
Mountain Motorrad
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Element Gloves

They are in Canada (I am not selling on this thread just informing hope I am not breaking any rules)
Cheers
Todd

Mountain Motorrad screwed with this post 02-23-2012 at 06:33 PM
Mountain Motorrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #13
Pardus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 449
I've got a pair of Element short but haven't worn them riding yet. I had a bit of trouble with size. Normally I wear XL gloves. The Element XL was good across the knuckles and the wrist closure but the fingers were too short and the abrasion pad on the outside of the palm didn't sit right. Either my hands are long or the gloves are sized for someone with short fingers.

I went with 2XL. The finger length and abrasion pad placement is good but the wrist closure could be a little tighter. I suspect if I went with 2XL long it would work great but I don't want them over my jacket.

I am wondering if they will stretch and the XL would have been preferable. Whatever...they aren't custom tailored and I expect some degree of compromise with just about anything off the shelf. They fit pretty well overall.

The quality seems excellent, flexibility is great, and protection appears pretty good. I don't know about the waterproofness. I expect to get 3 season (S/S/F) with lighter gloves on the hotter rides. I don't think they'll cut it for cold weather riding here.

I'll have more/better info after I ride with them a few times I guess. Hope this helps a little bit for now.
Pardus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 04:44 PM   #14
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,535
Anyone else have problems with sizing? I'm just about ready to give up on these gloves. I really want to like them, but I've ordered three of them so far (L-XXL) and none of them fit properly. I wear a XXL Adventure glove so I ordered the XXL and that was too big so I sent it back and ordered the XL and that seemed like the same size as the XXL, almost no noticeable difference. They actually fit great except for the fingers being too long. I sent those back and ordered the L and those fit tight. It thought maybe they'd be ok, because my fingers are up to the ends, but after riding 25mi with them, my hands were sore from them being too tight around the palm. I've already spent $20 on return shipping and would like to know if anyone else has had a tight fitting Element and it ended up breaking in? All my other leather gloves have fit like, well a glove and needed very little breaking in, but they've been Revit and BMW gloves.
IBA #50489
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 04:49 PM   #15
DoWorkSon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
The adventure gloves need to be broken in/stretched out. I am a large, but the gloves were just too small...

Soaked them water, then wore them for a bit. Stretched the leather. Went on a few rides and they are perfect.
DoWorkSon is offline   Reply With Quote