Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #16
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 9,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwood_55 View Post
Just north of Mt Ida is a great single track called Wombly Trail.

Just sneak in and out and you'll be fine.

Just kiddin...

There is some single track on Lake Greeson. I think they have a Harescramble somewhere over there by the lake. It is west of Kirby on 70 somewhere.

Not a lot of help....
That's Bear Creek. It's a short trail, but it's probably the hardest thing I've ridden on in AR. Lots of very steep, rocky descents and climbs. The KTM's should be able to do it no problem, if the riders skill levels are good.
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #17
arkansawyer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,936
Wombly is Womble. Womble is bicycle trail and not legal for motorcycles. He was making a joke about sneaking in and out.
Womble was the original name for a small town in AR, now with another name.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:47 PM   #18
ABYSS OP
KTM

Oddometer: 1,198
Yeah

It took all of three seconds to figure that one out. I have some friends going up to expalore there this weekend. I am going to see what they have to report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkansawyer View Post
Wombly is Womble. Womble is bicycle trail and not legal for motorcycles. He was making a joke about sneaking in and out.
Womble was the original name for a small town in AR, now with another name.
ABYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #19
Wudsracer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Thumb

Have you made your ride, yet?
I just found this thread today.

Bear Creek Trail is fun and challenging, but the easy trails just east of Kirby Landing took a beating at our hare scramble yesterday. The main trails are unhurt, though. You can ride from Daisy State Park, back to the east to Kirby Landing, to Bear Creek Access, and most of the way south towards Laurel Creek. Right now, the trail is closed for the last two miles to Laurel Creek, so that is the turn-around point. For this week, I'd take the pavement from Kirby Landing to Bear Creek Access, since the Bear Creek trail crossing is pretty deep from rain runoff.

There is some great gravel road dual sport from Camp Albert Pike to Shady Lake to Tall Peak, to Bard Springs, to Little Missouri Falls, and then back south to Camp Albert Pike. In the winter, the view from Tall Peak is impressive.
There is also a 8 mile primitive jeep trace from the Little Missouri River through the woods to Shady Lake. It starts by going north of hwy 84 (west of Langley) to the Little Mo; then upriver a mile or so to an old place where wagons used to cross the river. (It is a wet crossing.)

Between Mt. Ida and Mena (west of hwy 27, north of hwy 8, and south of hwy 270) is a whole network of good gravel backroads.

Good Riding to You!
Jim
Wudsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:57 PM   #20
ABYSS OP
KTM

Oddometer: 1,198
Thanks for the info I will add it to my notes. I didn't get to go work took the liberty of changing my plans for me.

I have vacation scheduled and am going to be going a bit later on now. Also due to schedule change we will be staying up in low gap.

ABYSS
ABYSS is offline   Reply With Quote