Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 09:42 PM   #91
milq
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 610
When this thread was started I also needed a new wallet. I spent a lot of time searching for a long (checkbook length) wallet to replace a junker I had bought. I picked up a Fossil and the nylon/satin lining was failing within weeks, so I kept looking.

Finally, I gave in and decided maybe I should check out other styles, I knew that tri-fold/bi-fold was out of the question as they hurt my back if I sit on them. I finally decided on a Saddleback ID wallet for $33 and haven't looked back. It forces me to not carry junk in my wallet and it fits in a shirt pocket easily. It holds every card I need to carry (which isn't many, one per slot) and a few bills. Looks and smells great and I can see why they guarantee them for life, very well built. I also got a checkbook app for my phone so I can more easily track debit card use and immediately toss receipts, this also cuts down on paper money carried of course.

Shortly after I bought it, I stumbled onto Col Littlejohn's stuff and if I did it again I might have went with their front pocket wallet first but not sure. I see no reason to switch though as this one works great.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:02 AM   #92
Tech51
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apxgrndr View Post
Thats cool, you must buy the knife separately but how do you know which one it fits?
My ESEE Izula fits the best in it and next one of my small Blind Horse knives...
Tech51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:31 PM   #93
gremor
RS'er

Oddometer: 860
Maxpedition Micro...http://youtu.be/pdUtC1FnHO0

I have tried a dozen different wallets and this is the best I have found.

But I've matured. Now I'd make sure I was drunk before I tried to fuck a snake"..........Bueller
gremor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:11 PM   #94
urbancowboy
Vicious Cycler

Oddometer: 1,721
mitchell usa leather

for those looking for a classy small leather wallet from a small american company that is very serious about their leather, check out mitchell usa:

http://www.mitchell-leather.com/Other_Products.html

i got their money clip wallet as a birthday gift (after i did the "research"), and i love it. have received compliments on it too.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:36 PM   #95
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,835
Subscribed for the minimalist wallets. I've had one for years that I picked up at Wal Mart I believe. It's time for another and I'd be willing to pay $30 to $45 for one this time.

I'll take a picture of mine and add it here not as a 'great' wallet, but a fine one for the money that has styling I've liked.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:45 PM   #96
indr

Oddometer: 1,192
Titanium money clip

http://www.superiortitanium.com/Tita...oney_Clip.html
indr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:48 PM   #97
SimpleSimon
Aspiring advrider

Oddometer: 3,374
The Taxi Wallet is good, especially for motorcycle riders. It has a coinpurse on one side which is handy if you are on the bike. They are leather and durable enough yet not so big as to be unable to carry in a front pocket, thigh pocket, etc. I dump my change from the coinpurse nightly into a jar for my tire fund.

https://www.aliciaklein.com/TAXI-WAL...OLLECTION.html

"Assembled Spectator Scoring With Incriminating Photographic Evidence" or A.S.S.W.I.P.E. - Granparacer
SimpleSimon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: