Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #16
pilo
Rhymes with below

Oddometer: 859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanook View Post
That is if you are not going to be using them at the same time ;)
Likely I'm not going to use them, but even so I think I have enough to go around.

Talk to Warp9 about the new hub (or new wheel). He'll set you up with a new one at a great price. If you need to borrow my spare for a ride before then let me know.
pilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #17
Kanook OP
Adventure zymologist

Oddometer: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilo View Post
Likely I'm not going to use them, but even so I think I have enough to go around.

Talk to Warp9 about the new hub (or new wheel). He'll set you up with a new one at a great price. If you need to borrow my spare for a ride before then let me know.
Actually it's at warp9 now. I talked to Kevin on tues and they are going to lace up a new hub for me at a great price. What a great company, thanks warp9. It should be done Monday or Tuesday. My brother dropped it off yesterday and when Kevin looked at it the first thing he said was "man, this thing is thrashed"
'71 SL100 custom
'65 cb160
Kanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:08 AM   #18
Kanook OP
Adventure zymologist

Got my wheel back from Warp 9 yesterday, thanks Kevin. Can't wait to get it out and dirty it up:) Looks odd with a bright shiny new hub and a dirty scratched up rim and spokes. I'll give a good test this weekend and then I think I'll do the Notch Peak Whirlwind hare scramble on the 17th. That was the first race I ever did, it was last year and I was on the 650r and I had a dnf. I look back and think how unprepared I was and it makes me laugh. I tapped out after three 15 mile laps. I think I can do a little better this year ;)
'71 SL100 custom
'65 cb160
Old 03-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #19
pilo
Rhymes with below

Oddometer: 859
You must be some type of off road savant. Dnf to 2nd in am in less than a year. When is your next training camp?

Well done.
pilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #20
Kanook OP
Adventure zymologist

Lol.
When you spend most of your riding time trying to keep up with Frog and Fano you learn a few things along the way.
'71 SL100 custom
'65 cb160
Old 03-08-2012, 08:33 PM   #21
AngryShawn
Punchbowl Pooper

Oddometer: 392
Looks like you are totally dialed in with really good people to lend advice and support.
Hope to see you at contingency in August!
D-36 AMA #196F - Supermoto USA #47 - BITD #379 - MCMA #430
AngryShawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:15 AM   #22
Kanook OP
Adventure zymologist

Well it's a gloomy Saturday morning. The trailer is loaded and me and my son are on the freeway heading to Delta Utah for my second race of the season. The Notch peak Whirlwind scramble, a smaller 15 mile loop with a little section of MX track thrown in the mix. It's a timed race, only 2 hours, so with exception of possible rain and 60mph wind gusts it should be a fun little race.
Results and pics to come.
'71 SL100 custom
'65 cb160
Old 03-20-2012, 09:57 AM   #23
Kanook OP
Adventure zymologist

I guess they all can't be gem's. What a miserable race. First off I didn't allow myself enough time to get mentally prepped for the race, my son and I showed up to pit row about 10:15 and the race was at 11:00. So by the time I got the bike unloaded, checked over, and my gear on it was time to head to the start. All this time the wind is howling and sand is blowing to the point you couldn't see. By the time I lined up behind the experts they were shutting down there bikes in preparation for the dead engine start. Banner drops and off they go. Amateurs next. I find a spot behind and in between two fellow rides and let my bike idle. The banner rises and I kill the motor. I've got Heartless Bastards on my iPod playing in my ears, maybe a bit too loud because I couldn't hear that my bike had not started, the banner drops and I hit the start button and release the clutch. Nothing. Try to start again and the same. Finally on the third attempt the bike fires and off I go with the majority off the pack ahead of me. Most of the first lap was fighting dust and trying to find places to pass. When the trail finally opened up wide enough to pass it was such deep sand that it was hard to hold a line and just when I would make a pass attempt the rider in front had all of a sudden washed and is now right in my path. I just watched the head pack pull away. By the second lap I was getting in a groove and just made it my goal to not get passed and ride smooth. I rode the first four laps without pitting and at the start of the 5th my son and friend Chris were at pit row with fuel and food. I took a little fuel and a couple bites of a power bar and headed off. The final lap felt good and I managed to get past a couple riders but I don't think it mattered, I'm sure I was far behind in my class. The only thing that may save me is the fact I didn't pit every lap. Maybe during those times I was able to get ahead of riders. Won't know for sure until results are posted. Maybe in a day or two.
Oh well there is always the next race.
Thanks to my son Cole and Chris Landers for enduring the sand storm and helping me.
'71 SL100 custom
'65 cb160

Kanook screwed with this post 03-20-2012 at 10:06 AM
Old 03-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #24
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,742
Quote:
I guess they all can't be gem's. What a miserable race. First off I didn't allow myself enough time to get mentally prepped for the race, my son and I showed up to pit row about 10:15 and the race was at 11:00. So by the time I got the bike unloaded, checked over, and my gear on it was time to head to the start. All this time the wind is howling and sand is blowing to the point you couldn't see. By the time I lined up behind the experts they were shutting down there bikes in preparation for the dead engine start. Banner drops and off they go. Amateurs next. I find a spot behind and in between two fellow rides and let my bike idle. The banner rises and I kill the motor. I've got Heartless Bastards on my iPod playing in my ears, maybe a bit too loud because I couldn't hear that my bike had not started, the banner drops and I hit the start button and release the clutch. Nothing. Try to start again and the same. Finally on the third attempt the bike fires and off I go with the majority off the pack ahead of me. Most of the first lap was fighting dust and trying to find places to pass. When the trail finally opened up wide enough to pass it was such deep sand that it was hard to hold a line and just when I would make a pass attempt the rider in front had all of a sudden washed and is now right in my path. I just watched the head pack pull away. By the second lap I was getting in a groove and just made it my goal to not get passed and ride smooth. I rode the first four laps without pitting and at the start of the 5th my son and friend Chris were at pit row with fuel and food. I took a little fuel and a couple bites of a power bar and headed off. The final lap felt good and I managed to get past a couple riders but I don't think it mattered, I'm sure I was far behind in my class. The only thing that may save me is the fact I didn't pit every lap. Maybe during those times I was able to get ahead of riders. Won't know for sure until results are posted. Maybe in a day or two.
Oh well there is always the next race.
Thanks to my son Cole and Chris Landers for enduring the sand storm and helping me.
Sounds like a perfect day for a race. :mad:I think we may have to get you away from fano he seems to be rubbing off on you. Him and dumbgirl used to get there 20 min before the race and barely make it to the start. But somehow they are always on time when there is beer around.

Hopefully the Jericho race in a few weeks will have good weather but if not at least the terrain is a hell of a lot more fun.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:30 AM   #25
fano
here and there

Oddometer: 632
Hey, at least we have our priorities straight. If you are late for start, no big deal. All you have to do is ride faster to catch up, but if you are late for beer, it will be gone.

05 KTM 450 MXC , 01 Triumph Tiger 955i
04 KTM 950 ADV , 00 Husaberg 501FE
04 GasGas TXT300 PRO , 70 Jawa 250
fano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #26
dumbgirl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Fano, correct me if I'm mistaken but we were late to one race because of gay parade traffic & the FROG ran out of gas ON THE WAY TO the race on the KTM 990. We handed gas to him over a barbed wire fence. When we got there I didn't even have pants or a camelbak! (I had to race wearing Franks clothes)
Another time I forgot to put my race #'s on and had to apply them the morning of, in breezy, sandy conditions. But Fano came to help & we had to use Gin to clean the plastics off and since the bottle was open and all we kinda started enjoying our morning a little too much and lost track of time. Fano, remember those people parked next to us? I think they told their kids to stay away.
We may have been late & a total junk-show most of the time but I bet you can't find anyone that had more fun than we did!!!

dumbgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #27
Kanook OP
Adventure zymologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbgirl View Post
Fano, correct me if I'm mistaken but we were late to one race because of gay parade traffic & the FROG ran out of gas ON THE WAY TO the race on the KTM 990. We handed gas to him over a barbed wire fence. When we got there I didn't even have pants or a camelbak! (I had to race wearing Franks clothes)
Another time I forgot to put my race #'s on and had to apply them the morning of, in breezy, sandy conditions. But Fano came to help & we had to use Gin to clean the plastics off and since the bottle was open and all we kinda started enjoying our morning a little too much and lost track of time. Fano, remember those people parked next to us? I think they told their kids to stay away.
We may have been late & a total junk-show most of the time but I bet you can't find anyone that had more fun than we did!!!
Lmfao
You need to come out and play with us more often. :)
'71 SL100 custom
'65 cb160
Old 03-21-2012, 06:40 PM   #28
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Lmfao
You need to come out and play with us more often. :)
She's afraid that she may break her hip. I think both her and fano are 6 months from retirement.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #29
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbgirl View Post
I remember that day. You called me and said you and fano had to drive a float down main St so you'd be late.

You going to help me chase kanook in aug? I need someone to drive while I drink.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #30
M.A.G.
I heart Penalties

Oddometer: 1,010
We are so moving to Utah.
M.A.G. is offline   Reply With Quote