Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #826
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwj - Donnie View Post
Finally after getting assistance a couple of times, I found a hotel for 6.50
The 20 something year old daughter of the hotel really wanted to go for a ride, but her father said NO!

I thought she was absolutely beautiful!!!

dwj - Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #827
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I came around curve and there was a group of fruit vendors Time for a mango snack! As I was eating a mango, I ask a young boy if he wanted his picture taken on the moto. Of course he did! As well as several other youngsters. I hope I can get the pictures off the laptop when I get home, because I took all of their photos. There was Julio, Ruano, Kendy, Merlin, Ligia, Rosa, and Ester. Rosa and Ester did not get on the moto, but had their picture taken with me beside the moto. Rosa was either 64 or 74 years old. Beautiful lady! When I told Ester that I would be putting her picture on the internet and that the guys woud be lining up to have a date with her, she give me her address and telephone number! So, if you are interested, let me know and I will send you a PM! I would not be telling y´all this, but since she said I was too old for her, I guess I will share!

This is from postb #695

This is the lady that I have all of her info, if you are interested!

The real sweetheart!

I think the local crazy woman!

Old 05-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #828
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

Old 05-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #829
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

More Guatemala!

Old 05-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #830
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

More Guatemala!

Old 05-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #831
achesley
Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 3,305
Nice Donnie, thanks for the pictures and update.

An '00 KLR 650, An '07 1250S, An '03 5.3L Chevy Truck + '43 style dude , Simper Fi ;-)
achesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #832
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Later in the afternoon, as I passed trough Morales, located in the southern part of Guatemala, I stopped at Clara´s place for a soft drink. She has a small place, maybe 14´ by 14´. She sales beer, soft drink and water. She supports her daughter, Roxana, a 14 year old son, Julio, and two grandchildren. I met them all. Clara had a 18 year old daughter, but she as murdered for months ago! They don´t know who killed her or why, but she left a small daughter named Daniela. Daniela now thinks that Clara is her mother. Clara is only 36 years old!

When you are traveling south of the border, everyone has a story to tell if you take the time to listen. Some of the stories are very uplifting, some are very sad. Clara´s story is both. On the one hand the loss of a daughter and a mother is heart breaking. On the other hand Clara´s determination to support her family is an inspiration. As you can imagine, it is a very difficult life!
Customers at Clara's. They bought me way more beer than I wanted to drink and I turned down a lot!

Quote:
I hesitate to share this part of the story with you as it can be interpreted several different ways. I think it is the act of love from a mother and a grandmother myself. As I was talking with Clara, who was holding her grand daughter, the child pulled Clara´s breast from her shirt and began suckling! Since I already knew it was a grandchild, it was a surprise to say the least! Clara explained, Daniela thinks that she is her mother, her actual mother did breast feed Daniela. Clara provides that bond with her grandchild that her daughter cannot. Clara has no milk, but it almost always puts the baby to sleep. To what lengths would you go to fill the gap left by your son or daughter?

No, it is not normal for Guatemalan grandmothers to breast feed their grandchildren, but I guess it is not normal for the young mothers to be murdered! Don´t be too harsh to judge Clara´s actions till you walk in her shoes!
Clara's Grand daughter.

And her cousin.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:17 PM   #833
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

Clara with her grand daughter and two nieces.

And me.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:27 PM   #834
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

The older niece, who is taking this photo has told me that she wants me to take her back to Mississippi with me. I am telling her that she needs to find her own gringo, because I am taking Clara. Just playing guys!

Of all the people I have met and admired on this trip, none equals Clara. The respect I have for this woman is immense! She supports herself, two children, two grand children and I don't know who all else out of a place much smaller than most of our living rooms! She has no hesitation in raising a small child. She has had the heart ache of a husband that run off to the US and a daughter that has been murdered. But she does not give in, she is strong, she is a survivor where most of us would have crumbled. I wished that I was a half as much of a man as she is a woman! I will never forget this woman, even though I may never see her again!
Old 05-02-2012, 03:33 PM   #835
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwj - donnie View Post
besides edgar, there is mirna, his wife that seems to be the force that keeps everything operating smoothly.

jose is a married son. Three months ago the were held up! mirna had a pistol held to her head and jose was shot in the leg!

they too all of the money and were never caught. He has four plated holding his leg together and is using crutches. He hopes for a full recovery. His wife is ingrid ad his daughter is katherine.

ingrid works in the restaurant and cleans rooms in the hotel. They work 365 days per year! Never a day off and never a vacation. But they all seem very happy! There is also a young son and a married daughter with a baby. She speaks a bit of english. Probably as good as my spanish.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:41 PM   #836
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

Ingrid's family.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #837
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

A girl and her sister at the bus stop.

Her said he had a KLR at home.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #838
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

Photos from around the hotel complex.

BTW, this all cost about $15 per day!
Old 05-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #839
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I was heading into Morales to check on a Western Union and the possibility of having money sent to me when I passed a scooter on the side of the road that appeared to be having trouble. As I passed it looked like Clara, she has a scooter that I had never seen, so I turned around and went back. But it was not Clara, it was Herlinda! We talked for a while. She was not having problems, I don´t know why she was sitting on the side of the road. But, I ended up being invited to her motherçs home where I met her family. Herlinda´s mother is Humberta, her brother´s name is Ricardo and the youngest of her sons, Hector still live at home with his mother. He is 20 years old and is an artist! I had pictures of everyone and some of Hector´s paintings. I am no connoisseur of art, but it looked pretty good to me. We discussed some ways Hector might use the internet to get his art before a larger audience. Maybe he can become ´´discovered´´!

I was also ask to join the family for lunch, which I accepted We had fish soup and a number of different vegetables, some of which I knew what it was and some not. But it all tasted good to me!

Old 05-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #840
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

I met these girls between Clara's and the hotel one day. Their truck was over heated and I flushed the water system and they were on their way. They wanted photos with their cell phones, so I got my camera out as well.

Dang life is tough down here!