Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #16
Johnf3
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm950se View Post
Interested, but I'll wait until someone dynos this filter on an SE with dual Wings and nails the jetting down.
Didn't I read that CV carbs function better with an air box?

ktm950se
Hot Rodders have been bolting up individual filters to CV carbs from day one. I have to scratch my head over the "CV carbs don't do well with increased airflow" comments. Any ill conceived air flow project has the potential to be negative, but this one is far from it.

I don't really care about the performance gains. I have been waiting for a real dirt bike full size foam filter that fits the 950 from day one. The Uni filter is a poor compromise in really dusty conditions--it is so small it plugs up half way through a single day.. Plus it is a restriction over the stock set up which is not acceptable in my opinion.

Can't wait to get my hands on this.
Johnf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #17
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnf3 View Post
Hot Rodders have been bolting up individual filters to CV carbs from day one. I have to scratch my head over the "CV carbs don't do well with increased airflow" comments. Any ill conceived air flow project has the potential to be negative, but this one is far from it.

I don't really care about the performance gains. I have been waiting for a real dirt bike full size foam filter that fits the 950 from day one. The Uni filter is a poor compromise in really dusty conditions--it is so small it plugs up half way through a single day.. Plus it is a restriction over the stock set up which is not acceptable in my opinion.

Can't wait to get my hands on this.
Exactly, the CV carby on my 640 ADV did just fine without an enormous airbox In this case, smoke doesn't indicate any real fire
Old 02-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #18
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart

Oddometer: 3,307
There's an echo on the forum.
My2Wheels
690 WIKI
dad2bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #19
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bike View Post
There's an echo on the forum.

This filter is the best thing to happen to the 950 since the side stand brace, I'm excited personally.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:09 PM   #20
JGE
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Reply sent. Funny... was looking at ordering one, glad I held off.
JGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:06 AM   #21
cjracer OP
AWD please!!

Oddometer: 3,951
Tuesday offer is going on Now! There are still a few spots left if interested.
cjracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:50 AM   #22
Johnf3
Beastly Adventurer

Craig--Can you please give us an idea of when you think you will have the 950 version? I just talked to the owner of CPR Fab today and the filters do not even exist. I sure don't mind pre paying, but I think having some idea of when they will be ready is reasonable too.

Thanks
Old 02-29-2012, 09:52 AM   #23
cjracer OP
AWD please!!

This is a pre-production SALE. I've been getting a lot of emails about this product and decided to offer this up at a discount if anyone wanted to lock this in. If I buy in Bulk I get a little price break so as a Thank You to the ADVrider community, I thought I'd pass this on as once these are released I'm sure the demand will see no need for discounts at this price.

In no way are you forced into this or locked in. If you want out, just let me know.

This is the latest update as of yesterday:

The 990 product should be ready in about a week.

The 950 unit is a new Product that we are getting at least half the orders for, much to the surprise and happiness of CPR for the growth of this. Originally CPR did not see the demand for the 950 units. Having orders and paying customers help in a great way to get new products going sooner and that is what I am trying to do for all here.

I will be sending any and all parts, plus any knowledge I have to help get the 950 version going as soon as possible to CPR today.

CPR has been swamped with a custom job that has been dropped in there lap they can not pass up before the 950 demand was there, so the 950 units might be delayed until the end of March.

Again, I am doing everything I can to help get the 950 units done sooner. I want them for our bikes just as bad as you do. If I could make the 950 base plates here I would, but that is not an option. If anything, I'm hoping to get everyone that has prepaid on the list for the first 950 units out sooner if they can squeeze them in for first batch.

This is a new product our bikes have not seen yet. Every rider and bike setup needs are unique and need to be tuned that way. Tune ECU cables are available and Jetting kits are soon to follow. We hope to be able to assist with both in the near future.

Advrider is a great community and I have no doubt that once given the tools and products we can make the best of our bikes.

-On the topic of cleaning:
Once you see the entire filter you will understand why the filter and cage are one bonded unit. It's the way it seals and clamps to the base. The benefits of the cage still outweigh the drawbacks by far. I understand the ease of "Squeezing" a filter but that adds other complications as well so we are looking to Filterskins to help with the "Pre" filter requirements for the higher percentage of dirt guys.

Part of the reason CPR recommends NO Toil is it cleans up very easily and you can massage the cleaner in and rinse it with regular soap and water. It works quite well.

I have also been stressing the usefulness of a pre-filter system like that used on the UNI prefilter.

PC racing has a filter size that fits, but is not perfect. If we can show enough of a demand for these we are trying to have a custom filter skin made and included in the kit on all pre-order sales.

I feel that with the use of the Filterskin system the need for maintenance and cleaning of the main filter will be greatly reduced and make for a better overall system for the Dual Sport user.

I hope this helps clean up any confusion I may have caused. Feel free to email me or post here and I will get back to you asap.

Thanks and see you on the trails.
Craig
Old 02-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #24
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart

Thanks for the update Craig.
A filter skin would be a welcome addition.

Sent from outer space by thunderbolt.
My2Wheels
690 WIKI
Old 02-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #25
Johnf3
Beastly Adventurer

Cj,
Thanks. Yes I do understand it is a pre-mfg sale, I just was curious on the possible time frame. I was on the list at CPR for one of the first 950 filters, but I called them yesterday and told them to just add mine to your allotment.

I sure appreciate your special offer on these, and I am still in.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #26
BENRON
I'm Mr. Crabtree

Oddometer: 3,484
Hey Craig-

Do you think one would be able to remove this filter from a 950SE without pulling the tank?
BENRON is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:00 PM   #27
cjracer OP
AWD please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENRON View Post
Hey Craig-

Do you think one would be able to remove this filter from a 950SE without pulling the tank?

Hi Ben,

Not 100% sure until I get one on my SE and find out. Might be tight, but I'll let you know as soon as I can. I currently have another non air box FRAM system on the SE for the time being.

Are you going to be in Fond du lac area Sat? I'll be at Dave's shop in the morn working on some NEW SE stuff. Give me a call if you want to check it out and go over more questions. I can bring one along for you to check out in person if you want? I should have my test 990 unit by then.... maybe.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:15 PM   #28
BENRON
I'm Mr. Crabtree

Oddometer: 3,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjracer View Post
Are you going to be in Fond du lac area Sat? I'll be at Dave's shop in the morn working on some NEW SE stuff.
Won't be up there since winnebago has gone to hell. I guess its time to pull the Ice tires off I can wait till you try it out on your SE. No rush.

NEW SE stuff? Should I write you a blank check Now or Later??
BENRON is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #29
cjracer OP
AWD please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENRON View Post
Won't be up there since winnebago has gone to hell. I guess its time to pull the Ice tires off I can wait till you try it out on your SE. No rush.

NEW SE stuff? Should I write you a blank check Now or Later??

I can put in on Layaway.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #30
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart

My impression of the impatient kid in the back seat...

Do we have a 950 kit yet?
No.
No.
No.
No.

My2Wheels
690 WIKI