ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2012, 05:07 PM   #16
killowatt OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Jam View Post
Yep. Even the sand and ruts.
When I was done last year, I told myself I'd slab right past that freakin' desert next time,
and wait for y'all at Lake Delintment with a bottle and a fishing pole .

But, like you, I read that GREAT collective RR many times, and.......
......I'd do that desert with you fuggers again......in a heartbeat.
But with a CamelBack this time

I gots me a steering stabilizer, now
..... I hear that's the shit in the sand.
It certainly works sweet in the rocky/nasty.
The stabilizer is a prerequisite for any bike I ride now. After riding with one you won't ever want to ride without it. It has saved my butt more than once when hitting that unexpected wash out or sand trap.
BTW, the desert around christmas valley is some of my favorite riding country. Lots of nothing for a long way.
killowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #17
killowatt OP
Adventurer

Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk View Post
Don't say this to me .........

2010 - we went through a fair portion of route 3 /4 I believe ..... and it was great except Mother Nature didn't hold up her end of the bargin.

So yes, which route are you thinking ???????

G.

P.S. - whether this or something else, I'd love to ride with ya Dan.
For august I'm looking at route 5 end to end.
In July I am looking at Connecting all 4 routes into a loop. I did the crown jewels (route3?) a couple of years ago from hoodo down to diamond lake over the 4th of July. The only hiccup was snow just past three creeks that forced me into bend and up sky liner road to pick up the track near tummalo falls. I could of made better time if I hadn't stopped at my brothers house in tummalo and helped him check the potency of a bottle of crown.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:39 PM   #18
wbedient
MoTard

Oddometer: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by killowatt View Post
When in July are you heading out? I am also planning a little five day ride from June 29th-July 4th that ties all the routes together. Sisters, prineville, Seneca, Xmas valley, crescent junction, and back to sisters. If the timing worked out I could hook up with you guys from Seneca to Christmas valley.
Were thinking we're going to try to center it around the 4th of july so we can take less time off from work. I'll get dates straight and hit ya with a PM.

2008 KTM 690 Enduro
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wbedient#g/u
wbedient is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #19
acesandeights
Asperger

Oddometer: 3,755
I'll be following this to see if you end up needing another bike or two.

I'll die with this hammer in my hand.
acesandeights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #20
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 3,026
Killowatt, when are you planning this? I have the week of the 4th off and have 9 days to "look for trouble".

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #21
killowatt OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_PDX View Post
Killowatt, when are you planning this? I have the week of the 4th off and have 9 days to "look for trouble".
Scott,
It's looking like the last week of august to run the OBDR from lake view to walla walla.

June 29th-July 4th is when I am looking at running the loop. Tummalo to sisters, prineville, Seneca, Riley, Xmas valley, chemalt, crescent junction, and back to bend. Prineville to Seneca is nearly 200 miles without any known fuel stops. I havent calculated the milage yet but I think it will 500-600 miles in total. My brother lives in tummalo so I may trailer the bike and launch from there.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #22
asrvivor
Rabies Cure ????

Oddometer: 1,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by killowatt View Post
Scott,
It's looking like the last week of august to run the OBDR from lake view to walla walla.

June 29th-July 4th is when I am looking at running the loop. Tummalo to sisters, prineville, Seneca, Riley, Xmas valley, chemalt, crescent junction, and back to bend. Prineville to Seneca is nearly 200 miles without any known fuel stops. I havent calculated the milage yet but I think it will 500-600 miles in total. My brother lives in tummalo so I may trailer the bike and launch from there.
Hey Dave, Great to have you out with us yesterday and meet ya. I am looking at dates today. Will PM ya what I can do then we'll see what interest is out there. Dam we are going to have a great time. I am pretty excited about going again. I know Jesse is ready too. Jeff (applejam) is working on it with his significant other. LOL Sure would be nice to have the valdeez with us. You know we got steaks 2 nights in a row out there with Jeff along. Perfectly cooked just like a fine dining restaurant.

John

Just cause I'm wrong, don't make you right / Needtobreathe
Our OBDR Trip http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=712724
Our UTBDR Trip http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=816500
asrvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #23
killowatt OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asrvivor View Post
Hey Dave, Great to have you out with us yesterday and meet ya. I am looking at dates today. Will PM ya what I can do then we'll see what interest is out there. Dam we are going to have a great time. I am pretty excited about going again. I know Jesse is ready too. Jeff (applejam) is working on it with his significant other. LOL Sure would be nice to have the valdeez with us. You know we got steaks 2 nights in a row out there with Jeff along. Perfectly cooked just like a fine dining restaurant.

John
Plus if you bring the ural we could have an icebox full of cold beers. ::
Old 03-07-2012, 10:09 AM   #24
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by asrvivor View Post
Jeff (applejam) is working on it with his significant other.
Jeez, it's hard enough,...... without YOUR help
I'm not "working on it". I'm being fucking DENIED
With a bang. With a BIG fucking bang.
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:06 PM   #25
G-Funk
That ... Umm ..... "Dude"

Oddometer: 5,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Jam View Post
Jeez, it's hard enough,...... without YOUR help
I'm not "working on it". I'm being fucking DENIED
With a bang. With a BIG fucking bang.

Ouch ....................

"The Funness out-weighs the Dumbness ....." - Mr. Jetmoto
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #26
pigpen
Gone Riding

Oddometer: 657
ouch!

OUCH is right! If apple jam can't go I might take his spot. I'm not carrying steak in the coyote though! Maybe a fifth of something real good might work instead!
I have the route that we did two years ago, I;m not sure if it is the same though! Ya know there are several ways through this beautiful state. I can't quantify the route we did cause we followed someone else's tracks and there were couple places that we went that I know are not on the OBDR! Keep me posted as if there is a spot for one on an xr650r w/ a 6.3 gallon tank!

Having fun is not a sport! It's a full time job for some of us!
pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:53 PM   #27
killowatt OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
OUCH is right! If apple jam can't go I might take his spot. I'm not carrying steak in the coyote though! Maybe a fifth of something real good might work instead!
I have the route that we did two years ago, I;m not sure if it is the same though! Ya know there are several ways through this beautiful state. I can't quantify the route we did cause we followed someone else's tracks and there were couple places that we went that I know are not on the OBDR! Keep me posted as if there is a spot for one on an xr650r w/ a 6.3 gallon tank!

Now I'm listening...and I like what im hearing
Stay tuned and we,ll firm up the dates. I'm liking the last week of august since we can get an extra day off with labor day weekend. I have the "Trek Now" routes for the Oregon but having recently proven routes would be way more reliable. John and company have routes from there run last year as well.

If we end up with a large group we will probably need to break it down to smaller groups that meet up in the evening. Being that were planning for august it's gona be dusty so we could be spread out by miles.

Kilowatt
Old 03-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #28
Baroquenride
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 681
I'm a relative newby to this forum, but if either group has room for another person I'm very interested in joining! My tank can only go about 150 miles, but I've considered getting a Rotopax. I'm an easy-going guy and don't drink much at all.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #29
pigpen
Gone Riding

Oddometer: 657
ride!

baroquenride,

Easy going is good! Ya might want to work on the drinking part though! Just kidding! I have not been riding w/ a lot of the guys on the forum, but have been riding off-road at the ohv's area a bunch! Most of the guys that ride are really cool to hang out with! I don't know how they ride but I can only assume most of them are good cause they get to ride more than I do! My D/S has not seen any real action since the OBDR in 2010 and Death Valley in 2009. Both of those rides were about 1200 miles each. six days days on both. Looking forward to riding some more this year!

Having fun is not a sport! It's a full time job for some of us!
pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:05 PM   #30
killowatt OP
Adventurer

August OBDR

So I put in my vacation requests today for the last week in august so I've sealed the deal so to speak. Looking forward to a week off enjoying the trails