User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2012, 06:43 AM   #1
mato409 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
gpr 2-1 fail

I have the gpr 2-1 full system, i have bougth 9 months ago, and it have fail in the first weld in front of the rear lambda, that hapen to me in a trip on chile, i was able to weld in the next tow.
When i came back home, i send a mail to the dealer, in this case ktmtwins, Ron asnwear me that they are not longer a dealer of gpr, and contact with UK dealer www.gpr-motorcycle-exhausts.co.ukA and hi contact me with Mauro Orlandi of gpr.it the final answear is that i dont have a warranty becasue the warranty time for GPR start running when they sold to the dealer, apparently that was more that 2 years ago, so when i buy the exhaust from the first day it was out of warranty.
That is the aswear of GPR.IT

The warranty is 2 years from the sales

Sold 3 years ago

So out of warranty very simple

If it was in warranty you could order in warranty

But this is not a case of warranty

They are mufflers not cars, the date of warranty start from the dealer purchase

Best regards
mato409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:51 AM   #2
Motard_Menace
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 284
That sounds ridiculous if you ask me. Just think if car/motorcycle manufactures did that. If this is true I would think twice about a GPR exhaust thats for sure. Sorry to hear about your predicament........
Motard_Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:11 AM   #3
mato409 OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Menace View Post
That sounds ridiculous if you ask me. Just think if car/motorcycle manufactures did that. If this is true I would think twice about a GPR exhaust thats for sure. Sorry to hear about your predicament........
Ii wil take it of, and inspect all the weld in the exhaust, rigth now i dont have confidence in the system.
I hope this will serve to warn others who are thinking to buy the GPR, and for the ones that have one for inspect the weld, and dont fail in a remote area, like hapend to me.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:29 AM   #4
mato409 OP
Adventurer

here is a picture.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #5
Nailhead
Painting by numbers

Oddometer: 5,737
Screw that.

If that's how a company whose products cost that much plays the warranty game, they can go pound sand atras.

'04 GS Adv- A fond memory
'07 990 Adventure- still bonding...

How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson

Nailhead screwed with this post 03-02-2012 at 03:46 PM
Nailhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:12 PM   #6
tomdubz
getting there

Oddometer: 443
Sucks. I had my gpr fail @ the front exhaust weld. Thankfully, KTM Twins was still stocking them when it did and I got a prompt replacement.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:23 AM   #7
gouralnik
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Great info

That's some valuable information. Thank you for posting. I was considering to get a GPR 2-1 full-system in the near future, but now I have doubts. Anyone else experiencing similar problems / quality issues with the GPR 2-1? Think it would be good to hear opinions from current/past owners...
gouralnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:14 AM   #8
clintleclair
Hugh Jardon

Oddometer: 57
I have about 15 k km on my GPR. No welding problems, but she is a frick'n heating torch. It melts everything I put behind her, including my KTM plastic top case (I switched to the aluminum one). She is awful loud too. I'm thinking about switching to Remus.. I like 2 into 1.
2012 GS Adventure, 2010 KTM 990 Adventure, 2010 KTM 530 EXC, 1998 Harley Road King Classic (Rosie), 2007 KTM 950 SM (Sold), 2005 BMW 1200 LT (Sold), 2001 BMW 1150 GS (Sold); 2002 Ducati ST4S (Sold), 2001 Yamaha R1 (Wrecked),..
clintleclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:22 AM   #9
jonziep
n00b

Oddometer: 7
GPR Torch

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintleclair View Post
I have about 15 k km on my GPR. No welding problems, but she is a frick'n heating torch. It melts everything I put behind her, including my KTM plastic top case (I switched to the aluminum one). She is awful loud too. I'm thinking about switching to Remus.. I like 2 into 1.
+1 on the GPR torch...I melted my Gobi top case while passing through west Texas last summer....so far the welds are holding up after about 8K miles on the GPR exhaust.
jonziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #10
pebble35
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,282
Getting on towards 20,000 miles on mine with zero problems (apart from melting my top case......)

www.bikersjersey.com for all your KTM parts
A 2,400 KM ride around Egypt by Scooter - ride report here
pebble35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:09 AM   #11
StevenD
Hmmmm, dirt!

Oddometer: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintleclair View Post
I'd be happy to swap my 2 into 1 with some cash for your system. Don't think you would like my DAM muffler as it has no E marking, but i could put that in the trade too.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:12 AM   #12
Rock Junkee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 203
i am having the local tig welding pros do my mid pipe, should only cost around 50 bucks, i have spoke with this g.p.r dealer and he had no idea that the two into one mid pipe even existed??? here is the link i bought my muffler from, this auction is for two mufflers i had to contact him about selling just one, and he was confused how i was going to make it work i had to show him a link with the 2 into 1 mid pipe. I really like there mufflers but your mid pipe looks like bird crap!!!LOL i chose the titanium muffler with carbon end it cost me 325$$

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EXHAUST-SYST...item3a685b589d
Wife rides KTM 05 200 XC-W
2008 Honda Xr 650L
Rock Junkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:57 AM   #13
Pete640
I hate sand.......

Oddometer: 1,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by mato409 View Post
here is a picture.
Interesting place for this to fail. Was teh centre stand resting on it at all - maybe the vibration or weight had a hand in the cracking?
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611461
Email. Turtleshell5@icloud.com
Pete640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:40 AM   #14
1stiski
Ride that nasty thing

Oddometer: 1,558
2 years now with my GPR 2-1, no odd ball cracks or melting of parts. I'm also running the silencer , so Its 1000 times more quiet than my old WINGS. Too bad the warranty is as stated.. I'll get mine tig welded if needed and forgo the headache of finding out its not covered anyway. That pretty much blows on GPR's behalf.
"Grim Brother" #1
1stiski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #15
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by mato409 View Post
I have the gpr 2-1 full system, i have bougth 9 months ago, and it have fail in the first weld in front of the rear lambda, that hapen to me in a trip on chile, i was able to weld in the next tow.
When i came back home, i send a mail to the dealer, in this case ktmtwins, Ron asnwear me that they are not longer a dealer of gpr, and contact with UK dealer www.gpr-motorcycle-exhausts.co.ukA and hi contact me with Mauro Orlandi of gpr.it the final answear is that i dont have a warranty becasue the warranty time for GPR start running when they sold to the dealer, apparently that was more that 2 years ago, so when i buy the exhaust from the first day it was out of warranty.
That is the aswear of GPR.IT

The warranty is 2 years from the sales

Sold 3 years ago

So out of warranty very simple

If it was in warranty you could order in warranty

But this is not a case of warranty

They are mufflers not cars, the date of warranty start from the dealer purchase

Best regards
Is that their actual reply? What a load of bullshit! If the exhaust was not sold to an end consumer who mounted it, why the hell would it not have warranty??