Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2012, 07:37 AM   #31
n8dawg6
krunkin'

Oddometer: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPhat View Post
Has anyone have a problem with their regulator keeping their battery fully charged?

I have heard the Harley put out a bad batch of regulators awhile back, anyone hear that? ?
I have experienced this on an FXDX that's an '00 model. discovery of the malfunctioning regulator came at about the time I realized that I was quite stranded out in the sticks. it was actually my 1st experience with a harley. things have been better with me and harleys since then
Old 05-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #32
ReferJohn OP
3RD Generation Rider

Oddometer: 436
Some pics of this weekend, CMA Run for Son. My chapter meet up, all sorts of bikes.... but my FLHRI is in there

After Church today i am heading out the Rifle Range
Old 05-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #33
Murf2
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPhat View Post
Has anyone have a problem with their regulator keeping their battery fully charged?

I have heard the Harley put out a bad batch of regulators awhile back, anyone hear that? ?
The wife had a charging problem on her's, it was the regulator. 1989 model with 120 K on it, dammed junk Harleys!

Waited overnight for the dealer to open. Parts guy seez, "It shows 2 regulators for that year, we've got em both. One of the reasons I like Harleys. Parts on hand for a twenty year old bike.

Our bikes out in Colorado one year.

Murf2

Murf2 screwed with this post 05-06-2012 at 10:45 AM
Murf2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #34
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,044

Mine's got an extra wheel!
bikeridermark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #35
Badge320
Wild Hog No. 3

Oddometer: 3,525

The only picture I have of my bike.
Badge320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #36
Clint Taurus
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 788
Yesterday I went to the dealer to test ride a new softail slim. I really liked it except it didn't have as good braking as my fat bob with the dual front discs. Just on a whim as asked to ride the new 12 model RK...holy shit what a ride, like the difference between my Toyota pickup and my wife's Lexus.
They offered me a pretty reasonable trade for fat bob. I'm grappling with a decision I really want the RK but am not keen to come off the coin, but the RK is a magnificent machine. the wife says go for it but she's not offering up any cash to sweeten the deal. What a fantastic ride it was I was surprised a bike that big could handle that good. I'm coming to grips with the expenditure, I'm 54 and done payin for kids, I deserve a good bike for an epic motorcycle trip. I've just about got this justified in my mind. the dealer won't reopen until Tuesday. tomorrow will be decision day.
Clint Taurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #37
bobobob
badbadbad

Oddometer: 4,676
Get the RK.

It is just a bunch of inner tubes Roy . . . - Cannonshot
Growing old is compulsory - growing up is optional. - Haroon
bobobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #38
ramon
weezin' the juice!

Oddometer: 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le'monjello Jackson View Post
Yesterday I went to the dealer to test ride a new softail slim. I really liked it except it didn't have as good braking as my fat bob with the dual front discs. Just on a whim as asked to ride the new 12 model RK...holy shit what a ride, like the difference between my Toyota pickup and my wife's Lexus.
They offered me a pretty reasonable trade for fat bob. I'm grappling with a decision I really want the RK but am not keen to come off the coin, but the RK is a magnificent machine. the wife says go for it but she's not offering up any cash to sweeten the deal. What a fantastic ride it was I was surprised a bike that big could handle that good. I'm coming to grips with the expenditure, I'm 54 and done payin for kids, I deserve a good bike for an epic motorcycle trip. I've just about got this justified in my mind. the dealer won't reopen until Tuesday. tomorrow will be decision day.
Anytime you get spousal approval, you have to do it!
Old 05-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #39
Ohio Stihl
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Don't kid yourself. Give up the coin and you will love it. My RK has the standard shield, removable batwing and it also goes naked. I haul groceries from town and haul ass across country. It does it all. Went 968 miles in 23.5 hrs on the way to yellowstone. We didn't go further because we saw a hotel with a gas station that sells beer so we stopped. My ass wasn't sore but I have the police air bladder seat. Enjoy your ride.
Ohio Stihl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:40 PM   #40
nskitts
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,969
I am hoping someone will talk me outta trading my 07 Road Glide on a new frame Road King..would o miss the stereo that much???

nskitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #41
sargev55
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by nskitts View Post
I am hoping someone will talk me outta trading my 07 Road Glide on a new frame Road King..would o miss the stereo that much???

no,

because the stereo is actually located under the gas tank and they were kind enough to put some decent mids by the rear tire.
Bladez Moby-S goped thingy. 35cc of whoop ass!
sargev55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #42
ReferJohn OP
3RD Generation Rider

Oddometer: 436
Quote:
Yesterday I went to the dealer to test the new 12 model RK...holy shit what a ride, the RK is a magnificent machine.
Pull the trigger, get the FLHR... As this thread author, i have been blessed to guest ride near 100 motorcycles, and i thank all of you. but i never test rode the RK, just bought it new in '04. what a great motorcycle. the newer framed touring hawgs are 10 times better. plus more 2up friendly if the wife wants to go than a softail. nothing wrong with a softtail.... but this thread is for ROAD KINGS

YOU WILL BE VERY HAPPY, PLUS IT'S JUST MONEY......WELL SPENT
Old 05-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #43
Clint Taurus
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 788
you guys have been helpful in making my decision, looks like I'll be going fatter than fat bob. oh and tomorrow is my anniversary so I can tell the wife it's her anniversary present.
Clint Taurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #44
sixspeed
15 under Adventurer

Oddometer: 218
Quote:
You didn't tell us the color of your new bike!!!!!

Rob 2010 WR250R 2011 FLHP
sixspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #45
Photog
Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer: 46,227
Quote:
you guys have been helpful in making my decision, looks like I'll be going fatter than fat bob. oh and tomorrow is my anniversary so I can tell the wife it's her anniversary present.
Sounds like you're headed for some happy miles.

Like I like. Yep.
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote