Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #16
bbishoppcm
It ain't a moped.

Oddometer: 666
Hey man, congrats on the score! I would love to own a BR, but that's just not gonna happen in my lifetime... No, for me, the most reasonable machine is a Helix. I've always wanted one, and I finally got one for a semi-reasonable price EXACTLY one year ago (bought it in early March, 2011!) If I had the room, I'd snap up every clean, low-mileage Helix I could find... but sadly, space is a major issue for me.
bbishoppcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #17
usafe7ret
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 251
Nice deal on the BR. Ya know, some people just like to bitch about anything. Too bad a lot of them sit in front of a keyboard...
usafe7ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #18
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,723
Congrats on the addition. I would love to get a chance to ride one someday.

Honestly, I am not even sure if I have ever seen one in person before.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:48 PM   #19
damasovi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbolling View Post
Congrats on the addition. I would love to get a chance to ride one someday.

Honestly, I am not even sure if I have ever seen one in person before.
i feel the same way on both parts, hi 5 amigo!!! and back in the say when this bikes were out there i could not get it, now, I still don't but will like to ride one anywya!!!

DAmasovi
damasovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:50 PM   #20
TheReaper! OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 642
All the cosmetic stuff has been taken care of and this is what it looks like now , pretty much show room condition .
This BR had 1540 miles on it and yet there were 9 areas that were scratched up . I really find it amazing how poorly some people treat their bikes .

TheReaper!

TheReaper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:42 AM   #21
windburn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,185
Big Ruckus with a California Sidecar

My friend bought new in 08 a Big Ruckus he moved up to a Victory motorcycle. He kept the Big Ruckus and mounted a California sidecar so he could take his dog for rides. He had the side car painted to match the yellow tubing on the Big Ruckus. He has been thinking of selling.
windburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:34 AM   #22
redhandmoto
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 566
Aw, Geez, Reap; bet they're going crazy over on TR. Will you put a JCosta variator on it?

Mine has been well and truly thrashed: weeds, grasses, and dead sparrows in the air filter, support bolt missing from the pipe, 2 inches of tire plug strand hanging from treads at the rear. When it had to go, a Parts Manager of the local Big Four dealer bought it, so I get visitation rights...
DR-Z400SM, '68 Honda 305, '64 Honda C110, '06 Honda VT750, GTS 250ie, Genuine 150, Vino 125, Zuma 125, Yam C3, Honda Met, Tomos ST, PCX 150, Honda PS250 Big Ruck, Vino Classic 49, Honda Rebel, and a Lifan CT 70 clone I forgot about...
redhandmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:32 AM   #23
TheReaper! OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by windburn View Post
My friend bought new in 08 a Big Ruckus he moved up to a Victory motorcycle. He kept the Big Ruckus and mounted a California sidecar so he could take his dog for rides. He had the side car painted to match the yellow tubing on the Big Ruckus. He has been thinking of selling.
That's been on Ebay and Craig's, as far as I know so far NO SALE ! The side car is an additional 200 plus pounds , not exactly what one would design for 250cc engine . That said it looked pretty good .

TheReaper!
Old 03-16-2012, 09:02 AM   #24
TheReaper! OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhandmoto View Post
Aw, Geez, Reap; bet they're going crazy over on TR. Will you put a JCosta variator on it?

Mine has been well and truly thrashed: weeds, grasses, and dead sparrows in the air filter, support bolt missing from the pipe, 2 inches of tire plug strand hanging from treads at the rear. When it had to go, a Parts Manager of the local Big Four dealer bought it, so I get visitation rights...
If I keep it for sure on the Jcosta and the Bitubo rear shock . Without the re-jetting and the jcosta the BR pretty much runs for shit IMHO .

TheReaper!
Old 03-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #25
MiniBike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Reaper, every time you post on the rarity of these things, it makes me reluctant to put any more miles on mine.

I took me a couple of years to find the right BR at the right price at the right time.

Congrats on your latest find.

MiniBike screwed with this post 03-16-2012 at 09:23 AM
MiniBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:29 AM   #26
TheReaper! OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniBike View Post
Reaper, every time you post on the rarity of these things, it makes me reluctant to put any more miles on mine.

I took me a couple of years to find the right BR at the right price at the right time.
It took me over a year to find my first one , and then I had to drive a long way to get it . If you're worried about it do like so many of us have done , buy another one .

The problem now of course is they have gotten even more expensive as you well know . If you can find another one and can afford it , I would say buy it . I don’t think
you can go wrong on one as an investment long term .

TheReaper!
Old 03-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #27
Sportsman Matt
Xtremely Bad Example

Oddometer: 313
Hey Reaper, question for you. Are you telling the guys you sell those BR's to to register the VIN on TR so we can see who has the lowest and highest vin#'s?

Congrats on the deal, they are getting a little tougher to find with a decent price tag (way too many over inflated prices IMHO)

And I agree with you in the "It's a BR thing" those who don't own one or ridden one just don't understand.
IBA Member#48125 IBA Flag#1084 LDR Member# 432
2013 Victory Judge
I'm a man, and I can change, if I have, to I guess
Sportsman Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:07 AM   #28
TheReaper! OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsman Matt View Post
Hey Reaper, question for you. Are you telling the guys you sell those BR's to to register the VIN on TR so we can see who has the lowest and highest vin#'s?

Congrats on the deal, they are getting a little tougher to find with a decent price tag (way too many over inflated prices IMHO)

And I agree with you in the "It's a BR thing" those who don't own one or ridden one just don't understand.

I register all of them when I get them . As far as the prices go , yes the asking prices are high but asking ain't always getting . I really wouldn't mind the prices if there wasn't so much cosmetic damage on them . I bought one from a guy here locally once that had 500 miles on it , this guy was a real pig , it had believe it or not $1,200 worth of damage on it .
For years now I've been buying every good part I can find as long as it's at a decent discount . I have two huge shelves full of new and used BR parts and I'm still looking for more all the time .

TheReaper!
Old 03-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #29
HandKPhil
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 468
Made out of platinum?

Did you see this, Reaper?

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/mcy/2902360536.html
Old 03-16-2012, 05:32 PM   #30
TheReaper! OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandKPhil View Post
New I think they were over $400 with shipping , so if it is the last new one available what's it worth ?

A 50% premium ? That may look like a great deal at some point ?

A used set of hand guards just went for over $250 on EBay .

When things get scarce , they get expensive .

TheReaper!