ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #61
BeerIsGood

Oddometer: n/a
The State Parks in Washington have some surprisingly clean shitters.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #62
Schmeds
scarce

Oddometer: 6,556
Wait. You mean a tank bag isn't really for...?

Oh man, I'm gonna git that sonofabitch salesman...
Old 06-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #63
Vulfy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 559
Not to derail the thread from motorcycle oriented crapping, but whats up with the people crapping at 9am AT WORK!!!! Seriously, is your home bathroom so messed up that you have to go number two first thing, at work, in the morning?

I just want to wash my hands, not smell your poop...
Vulfy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #64
Tosh Togo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulfy View Post
Not to derail the thread from motorcycle oriented crapping, but whats up with the people crapping at 9am AT WORK!!!! Seriously, is your home bathroom so messed up that you have to go number two first thing, at work, in the morning?

Maybe it's the shitty coffee at work, or being able to finally unclench after surviving the inbound commute....

Tosh Togo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:10 AM   #65
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,111
Quote:

It's called coffee - by that time in the morning the first cups of coffee have loosened it all up.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4192059AA2d1iP

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_...ive.2Fdiuretic

Comical that anyone going into a restroom would expect anything less than bad smells and people using it as, oh... I dunno... a restroom?
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:36 AM   #66
Voidrider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 992
I have had digestive issues most of my life, so traveling was either a dreadful nightmare, or an opportunity to get creative.

Sure enough I have to agree with the guy who mentioned Lowe's, but Home Depot is very clean too.

What I found when traveling though, if I was in an unfamiliar town, get to the hospital. VERY clean restrooms, usually just off the entrance/lobby. If I was having a bad time and needed to just have some time to make sure things had settled out, I could walk around, watch tv, get a snack in the cafeteria. Never had anyone hassle me, open 24 hours.

Part of the trick is to go to places where people don't go to to use the facilities. Rest stops and gas stations...everyone uses them, and while they can be clean they can also be disgustingly filthy, same for fast food places. Hospitals, convention centers, heck, department stores have restrooms, but people don't go there to use the bathrooms, so usually they aren't trashed and are pretty clean.
Voidrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #67
perterra
-. --- .--. .

Oddometer: 7,400
Quote:

When I was single half the time I didnt have toilet paper at home. Drop by the office, take a dump and leave.

Never thought too much about it, I can shit about anywhere. I once took a shit among about a half dozen strangers, leaned against a bridge column in knee deep water while wade fishing because it was a 30 minute wade back to the portacan and the golden croaker run was on. Needless to say I had that stretch of water to myslef after that.

Sacrificed a hanky that time, now I carry a small roll.

Shittin, like breathing, everybody does it.

IBA 22425
perterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:45 AM   #68
N.Penley
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Courthouses, post offices, large churches, and banks are the best drop zone during business hours. After that all bets are off. I have returned home more than once without socks. Always carry a handkerchief.
N.Penley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:36 PM   #69
Forty Years Ago
I'm not an alcoholic.

Oddometer: 259
In Boot Camp the D.I. gave us 5 minutes to shit, shower and shave. 20 open crappers in a row. Fear was a great motivator. No constipation in that group..

Semper Fi 1963 - 1969. A/1/11, B/1/14
Forty Years Ago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:28 AM   #70
beach23707
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty Years Ago View Post
In Boot Camp the D.I. gave us 5 minutes to shit, shower and shave. 20 open crappers in a row. Fear was a great motivator. No constipation in that group..
Yep, and our crappers were lined up right in front of the washers and dryers. Nothing like taking a dump whilst chatting with a guy doing his laundry. Talk about breaking down barriers. (Infantry training at Harmony Church area of Ft. Benning, 1983)
beach23707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #71
Ianstein
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 261
HA! Poop threads are always the most entertaining.

I try to shit at home as much as possible, but often I'll use the bathrooms at work because they're kept spotless and are private. If I'm on the road and the urge hits all bets are off. I just look for a store or restaurant that looks empty and go in. I will say this can back fire. One time I was the only person in a taco bell and apparently the entire staff was just waiting to take my order. Pretty embarassing to have them all watch you walk to the bathroom and then still be there staring at you when you come out. To top it off I walked out without ordering anything.
Ianstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #72
dmaxmike
former quadtard.

Oddometer: 779
im in the 3-4-5 times a day crowd. doc says im fine and there is nothing wrong with me so i just live with it. makes off road riding fun. im to fat and out of shape to hover so to speak so over the years i have gotten very good a spotting fallen trees that happen to be the prefect height for a seat. bonus points if you find one with a V so that you can lean back and enjoy the great outdoors. Always carry Colman bio wipes, degrade in 21 days and much nicer on the ass then TP when out in the woods.

dmaxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #73
Gooch
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 275
How can someone who "doesn't shit once they leave the house" be an adventure rider?

Ride fast?
Own lots of homes?

Drywall guys were notorious for the empty (usually) compound bucket dump when I was banging nails in Maine. Odd, too, they all seemed to be French-Canadian from way up in the County. I don't think that correlates with the can-dumping but it definitely matched up to taping and sanding. Don't know.

I prefer McD's or something similar if I'm on the road. I try to avoid non-chain outfits and mom-and-pops unless I plan to buy what they're selling. For some reason I have no problem taking a dump in a franchise without also dropping coin. I guess I figure they'll get it back from me somewhere down the road. A local joint, on the other hand, might never see me again. I feel a little bad leaving them with my fecal particles floating in the air.

In re: work. That's why the room is there. Thankfully I'm not a crane operator and as someone else said, that's just how the coffee times out. Once a day, every day for me -- even on vacation.

I've pretty much done it all myself -- behind a storage trailer, under a bridge, in the woods, squatting over a hole in foreign parts, in a field, etc., etc. And I agree: that perfectly fallen log, with a good world around, makes the best of a ... shitty situation.

Story: Had a month-long seminar in Europe while in school. In France , they had these toilets which, instead of dropping your waste into water, landed you on a little shelf. When you flushed, a rush of water would (usually) sweep all the poop off the shelf and down the drain. They looked like ordinary bowls; just had this weird feature where the well was mostly dry and the only water down there was in a cup-like section, seemingly just to block the sewer gas back-flow.

Wasn't long before a couple of chicks in the group started calling that the "poo-poo platter." We were all thinking it.

"I almost got side swiped by a guy on a Honda Shadow that was wearing an H-D tassel laden jacket. I was on my H-D at the time and wearing a Kawasaki T shirt. I wasn't sure which came closer to killing me,the near accident or the irony." wishin4woods

DirtyDog:
"Riding a KLR in an enduro is like trying to put a bear in a wetsuit."
Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #74
TedR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
A curious tale I can chuckle about now.

A good friend (for 32 yrs, since 7th grade) and riding buddy passed away suddenly a few years ago.
He was an avid motorsports enthusiast, with a HUGE stable of toys: enduro bikes, sport-tourers, jet skis, snowmobiles...and of course he had well-stocked gear bags and/or totes for each pursuit...

I helped his brother and sis-in-law go through his stuff prior to the estate sale. In EVERY SINGLE gear bag, tote, tank bag, saddlebag, tool box, glove box there was at least one roll of TP!
We just kept finding them, all day.

This was a guy I/we felt we knew pretty darn well. None of us had any idea that the guy was seemingly obsessed with keeping his back-door tidy.

FWIW - I generally carry a few Kleenex pocket-packs in the tail section of each bikes. that's been sufficient thus far.
But yeah, I have a fairly consistent 'delivery schedule', largely in part to a lower-GI issue which resulted in modified plumbing. So I get The Work Done in advance, and generally don't get 'caught-out'.

TedR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:42 PM   #75
Forty Years Ago
I'm not an alcoholic.

Oddometer: 259
I know this thread is pretty much dead but I want to add one story, also from boot. camp.

Told late one night by a junior D.I.............

Korea, Winter 1952/1953. Platoon is lagered up in a tight defensive perimeter on frozen ground. Guy has to take a dump but cannot dig a cat hole in the rock hard ground. He squats over his entrenching tool, does his business and flings his shit down the hill at the Chi Coms.

I have no idea if this is true but it makes great story.

Semper Fi 1963 - 1969. A/1/11, B/1/14
Forty Years Ago is offline   Reply With Quote