ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2012, 07:19 AM   #91
BigWrench
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Im in

Joe and group, I should be there in time to ride Friday and fur shur Saturday. Look forward to seeing yall. We're hooking the trailer to the wifes car to bring the green KLR. The wife wouldn't mind riding with me (2up) some on Saturday but not for the whole day. Maybe I could setup a mid-day breakaway to drop her off, we're staying in town. I hate I didn't sign up in time to catch one of your cabins, It was great last time we stayed there. God bless and best regards, Ken
BigWrench is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:25 AM   #92
JoeWannaB OP
Usually a nice guy

Oddometer: 1,907
Great to hear you'll be joining us Big Wrench. I also got a PM that Whitebread might be able to make it if things go in his favor at work. So we're up to 15 (maybe 16) I've also invited a few others who may or may not show up so I guess we're really doing this. I want everyone to be clear that Friday's ride will be the roughest of the two. I have a mind for where I want to go but with the heavy rains we've just had, I expect deep mud holes, deeper ruts and some newly downed trees. This should be a true adventure. I can't wait!

EDIT: If a few of you have folding bow saws, we will probably have a use for them on Friday. 2 or three of them would be great. Whitebread has mine, so if he shows up, that'll be at least one.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:54 PM   #93
lonewolf97
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,196
Lonewolf97

Do I need to bring a rope AND my chainsaw.
lonewolf97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:24 PM   #94
JoeWannaB OP
Usually a nice guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf97 View Post
Only if you can pack the chainsaw on your bike. Mine's a little big to haul on the bike. A light limbing saw would be perfect.

BTW... Found a new trail off of Dick's Creek Rd today. Really fun. Not in the plans for this coming weekend but maybe for a fall ride or if any of you come up later this summer. It's a little sketchy as far as being on private or public road so a big group is a no no.

JoeWannaB screwed with this post 04-28-2012 at 09:30 PM
JoeWannaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:33 AM   #95
MadDogKC
Pickin' and Grinnin'

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf97 View Post
Hey I thought we were coming to ride. Do we have to chop wood as part of this rally? Is Joe just baiting us with the ride but we are really there to replenish the firewood supply at the cabins. If he tells us to bring laundry soap or cleaning supplies it will be a dead giveaway!

I do have sven saw that I have been hoping to find a use for. I will be sure to bring it!

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...FUGCtgodnQRQDg
Old 04-30-2012, 08:38 AM   #96
wingam00
Formely AKA Wingam00

Oddometer: 520
Hope that saw has fresh batteries!

“There is only one reason for pavement and that is to get to dirt.” - “King” Richard Burleson

-- If you argue with a Fool you are a FOOL! --
wingam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #97
RevBill
Irreverent Reverend

Oddometer: 2,105
.. almost time to launch ..

.. got some wrenching done today .. most importantly got the T63s on and ready to rock ..

.. also swapped out that 39t rear sprocket for the stock .. gonna have to look into getting a larger one maybe in time for the fall rally .. that might be fun .. and man I love me some Eagle Mike's torque nut .. makes life a tad easier for re-gearing .. that's the new Moose 16t for the highway there, and I have a matching 14t for when the fun begins ..

.. and added me in a stainless rear brake line .. had it sitting around for a while and finally had the opportunity and time to get it on .. you can also see that spiffy Billet Oil Cap Eagle Mike schleps .. ermm .. sells .. that man got some of my OT monies ..

.. also playing around with my iPhone and our host's SmugMug and Camera Awesome software .. hence, all the pics .. that Baldy guy's alright ..
RevBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:31 PM   #98
Whitebread117
I do what I want

Oddometer: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevBill View Post
.. got some wrenching done today .. most importantly got the T63s on and ready to rock ..

That sure is a clean n purdy scoot
Whitebread117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:51 PM   #99
JoeWannaB OP
Usually a nice guy

Hey Bill! I love that color on a KLR!

So it's just a few days away so it would be good for folks to confirm they're coming and to post up their intentions. I'd like to know the following...

Riding Friday? Saturday? Both (interested in riding Sunday?)
Camping, cabin or commuting?
Joining us for open grill Friday evening?
Joining me to see Belly Dancing Saturday night? $5 gets you in.

I'm thinking of hitting Guyabitos again on Saturday night like last fall. The food is good, cheap and pretty fast service.

Be sure to call me if you are trailering in. If you've been before, it's the same old drill. Unload at the top and park your trailer in the grass by the entrance.

I stayed up late last night plotting our routes in the GPS. Now we'll really get lost! I'll be sure to record our tracks and make them available to interested folks like last fall. Be sure to bring a camera and I want a copy of any good pics.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #100
wingam00
Formely AKA Wingam00

Oddometer: 520
I will be there Friday for sure, not so sure yet on Saturday, but will not be able to ride Sunday. I will be commuting and joining the fun during open grill Friday evening.

“There is only one reason for pavement and that is to get to dirt.” - “King” Richard Burleson

-- If you argue with a Fool you are a FOOL! --
wingam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:12 PM   #101
RevBill
Irreverent Reverend

Plans ..

RevBill (Bill Adams) ..
Will be on the road Thursday night ..
Arriving VERY early Friday Morning (with ThrottleDan) ..
Camping Friday Night and Saturday Night (unless you have a cabin cancel and then I may pick it up if no one wants to wrestle me for it .. lol) ..
Friday I'll be going over to Graham County .. possibly the Dragon .. going to find "The Road to Nowhere" .. etc .. doing some sight seeing (and file tag shots) ..
Saturday I'll be riding with y'all .. yeah .. the slow guy .. W'Bread can pick my bike back up off my leg again this year (JUST KIDDING! ! !) ..
I'm a maybe for Sunday-early .. we'll see .. I'll be up early to swap gears for the ride home .. so .. maybe .. lol ..
Old 04-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #102
JoeWannaB OP
Usually a nice guy

Quote:
RevBill (Bill Adams) ..
Will be on the road Thursday night ..
Arriving VERY early Friday Morning (with ThrottleDan) ..
Camping Friday Night and Saturday Night (unless you have a cabin cancel and then I may pick it up if no one wants to wrestle me for it .. lol) ..
Friday I'll be going over to Graham County .. possibly the Dragon .. going to find "The Road to Nowhere" .. etc .. doing some sight seeing (and file tag shots) ..
Saturday I'll be riding with y'all .. yeah .. the slow guy .. W'Bread can pick my bike back up off my leg again this year (JUST KIDDING! ! !) ..
I'm a maybe for Sunday-early .. we'll see .. I'll be up early to swap gears for the ride home .. so .. maybe .. lol ..
What a coincidence! We'll be in Graham County on Friday as well. You should join us. MadDogKC is riding his big GS so how bad could it be????
Old 04-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #103
throttledan
Intl Man of Intrigue

Oddometer: 62
Headed out to Outback ATV Park in Laurinburg over the weekend for some pregame action to test out my tires on both the highway and the trails and get a little dirty! Getting excited for this weekend!

'08 KLR 650

"Nothing is impossible, it just may look unrealistic at the time."
throttledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #104
RevBill
Irreverent Reverend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWannaB View Post
What a coincidence! We'll be in Graham County on Friday as well. You should join us. MadDogKC is riding his big GS so how bad could it be????
.. well now you've got my attention .. lol ..
Old 04-30-2012, 09:05 PM   #105
MadDogKC
Pickin' and Grinnin'

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
.. well now you've got my attention .. lol ..
Hey now, Im just big boned!

I am picking up my new tires tomorrow and you guys have me thinking I should just go ahead and put on TCK 80's. I have heard good things about the Heidenau but...

I am in late late Thursday, with trailer.
Then I'll be taking the full meal deal, Riding, eating, belly dancing (just watching of course)
Rinse and Repeat!