ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-14-2013, 06:48 PM   #1
Greg the pole OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Greg the pole's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Oddometer: 108
Super Tenere full lenght braided lines

I'm bored..again.
took the bike apart, again

http://thetenerist.wordpress.com/201...-line-upgrade/
Greg the pole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #2
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer
 
GrahamD's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Blue Mnts Ozstralia
Oddometer: 4,851
I am interested if you looked at / priced these?

http://www.galferusa.com/brake-lines...-super-tenere/
__________________
"It's better to ride a boring bike than push an interesting one" ... Canuman

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 05:58 AM   #3
avc8130
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Northern NJ
Oddometer: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
I am interested if you looked at / priced these?

http://www.galferusa.com/brake-lines...-super-tenere/
I've been working with my local shop to develop a custom kit using Spiegler lines. I like Spiegler a bit more simply because their lines are DOT approved.

My goals:

1. Completely replace all of the factory lines for both clutch and brake.
2. Add 2" to the clutch and brake master cylinder lines to support risers.
3. Separate the front caliper lines so there is no crossover.

I have all of the lengths and fittings worked out, but they are looking for a bit more interest.

ac
avc8130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:35 AM   #4
Greg the pole OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Greg the pole's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Oddometer: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
I am interested if you looked at / priced these?

http://www.galferusa.com/brake-lines...-super-tenere/
yes I have, but have not inquired about pricing.
The stuff I work with is cheap enough, the fittings are the most expensive parts.
will update once progress happens
Greg the pole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:38 AM   #5
Greg the pole OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Greg the pole's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Oddometer: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by avc8130 View Post
I've been working with my local shop to develop a custom kit using Spiegler lines. I like Spiegler a bit more simply because their lines are DOT approved.

My goals:

1. Completely replace all of the factory lines for both clutch and brake.
2. Add 2" to the clutch and brake master cylinder lines to support risers.
3. Separate the front caliper lines so there is no crossover.

I have all of the lengths and fittings worked out, but they are looking for a bit more interest.

ac
Hi ac,

all the earls stuff is dot approved. I've used it in the past on my 900rr, and my vstrom 1000 with no ill effects. Simply mount the line, once you're happy with the positioning, tighten the ends to the line. fill with fluid and bleed.
The cross over does not bother me.

I would probably go with a spiegler line, but by the time they make some money, ship it here, I get taken to the cleaners with duty, I'm better off lifting the tank on my st, figuring out the lengths, and doing it myself. As it stands, the entire system (front and rear brake, clutch) would ring in around $300

My FZ9 was a bargain, at less then $100 for the front brakes.
Greg the pole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:39 AM   #6
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kawidad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Central Coast, Cal
Oddometer: 4,370
__________________
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? - Juvenal
(Who watches the watchers)
Kawidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:14 AM   #7
avc8130
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Northern NJ
Oddometer: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg the pole View Post
Hi ac,

all the earls stuff is dot approved. I've used it in the past on my 900rr, and my vstrom 1000 with no ill effects. Simply mount the line, once you're happy with the positioning, tighten the ends to the line. fill with fluid and bleed.
The cross over does not bother me.

I would probably go with a spiegler line, but by the time they make some money, ship it here, I get taken to the cleaners with duty, I'm better off lifting the tank on my st, figuring out the lengths, and doing it myself. As it stands, the entire system (front and rear brake, clutch) would ring in around $300

My FZ9 was a bargain, at less then $100 for the front brakes.
I figured you were out of the question, I was more posing the option to others.

You really think you could do a FULL set for $300 with the Earls stuff? There are a LOT of lines in the S10 brake system:

1. Front master to ABS
2. Rear master to ABS
3. ABS to rear caliper
4. ABS to front caliper
5. Front caliper to other front caliper

6. Clutch

ac
avc8130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #8
GB
Mod Squad
 
GB's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto, ON
Oddometer: 55,051
TwistedThrottle sells the full set for front and rear:

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/galfe...and-rear-lines
__________________
ADV decals, patches & flag? Here
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #9
Greg the pole OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Greg the pole's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Oddometer: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
TwistedThrottle sells the full set for front and rear:

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/galfe...and-rear-lines
yes they do. But they re-use the existing metal lines. It's a nine line system.

This one will be 6.
Greg the pole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #10
Greg the pole OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Greg the pole's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Oddometer: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by avc8130 View Post
I figured you were out of the question, I was more posing the option to others.

You really think you could do a FULL set for $300 with the Earls stuff? There are a LOT of lines in the S10 brake system:

1. Front master to ABS
2. Rear master to ABS
3. ABS to rear caliper
4. ABS to front caliper
5. Front caliper to other front caliper

6. Clutch

ac
one way to find out. Old lines are out.
Greg the pole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:35 AM   #11
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kawidad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Central Coast, Cal
Oddometer: 4,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg the pole View Post
one way to find out. Old lines are out.

__________________
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? - Juvenal
(Who watches the watchers)
Kawidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #12
slipknot
Studly Adventurer
 
slipknot's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Oddometer: 792
Is there available a set that does not use the cross over line behind the fender but rather uses two independent lines?
__________________
Say what you will about the South but no one retires and moves up North.
slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:23 PM   #13
Greg the pole OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Greg the pole's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Oddometer: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknot View Post
Is there available a set that does not use the cross over line behind the fender but rather uses two independent lines?
yep. The one I'm working on now.
Greg the pole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:02 AM   #14
bouldertag
WannabenarlyADV'rrrr
 
bouldertag's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Utah
Oddometer: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg the pole View Post
yep. The one I'm working on now.
Well get on with it! Get er done!

Give us a pictorial process and once completed everything you used in a nice package so I can purchase from you when you set one up for me...


he he.

My 2" bar rise has my cords straining and me whimpering when I do slow turns. I moved my brake line and clutch clamps down an inch on the handlebars but still is a little tighter then I would like.

bd
__________________
Burn out dont fade away!!
bouldertag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:27 AM   #15
avc8130
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Northern NJ
Oddometer: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouldertag View Post
Well get on with it! Get er done!

Give us a pictorial process and once completed everything you used in a nice package so I can purchase from you when you set one up for me...


he he.

My 2" bar rise has my cords straining and me whimpering when I do slow turns. I moved my brake line and clutch clamps down an inch on the handlebars but still is a little tighter then I would like.

bd
If you are seriously interested in a full length kit, PM me. I've been working with Spiegler to get a custom setup made I just need to drum up enough interest to get it going.

ac
avc8130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014