User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2014, 09:18 PM   #1
hoser54 OP
just havin' fun

Oddometer: 102
CHicago to Cali and then some

I'm looking for some advice for a road trip next week. I'm leaving Chicago next saturday and (to make a long story short)heading to San Luis Obispo, then taking highway 1 up the coast and heading toward Redding to go back east. Any suggestions on reasonable lodging along the way around Pacifica or should I go North of San Francisco and look there. Also should I make this in 2 days or 3 as time is not a problem. Any suggestions would be a big help as this is my first ride to the coast. Thanks in advance. RR to follow
hoser54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:05 AM   #2
moralem
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
I would suggest three days to make it out there. If you are coming through the southwest you need to account for the heat if you travel during the day. I am not sure what reasonable means to you for lodging but check out Half Moon Bay. Or head further north and check out Bodega Bay Lodge. Spent many a summer up there when I lived in California and loved it. But I am sure a lot has changed. It is also where they filmed Alfred Hitchcock's the Birds. I don't think any lodging in the areas that you are headed is going to be reasonable. Think of that area as the Miracle Mile of the Cali coast. Here us a good place to start. http://www.visithalfmoonbay.org/lodging
moralem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:42 AM   #3
mikegc
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,515
CHicago to Cali and then some

I stayed in SLO on a trip a few years ago but, these days, I prefer Morro Bay. There are a bunch of mom 'n pop lodging there, it's on the coast and a walk around town is nice. North of there on the PCH, lodging is available but the prices are high and many require 2 nights. I've stayed in Half Moon Bay at the Coastside Inn and, for the location, it was reasonably priced and nice. Seems like it was around $125.

Mike

Duty- Honoring a Friend
mikegc is online now   Reply With Quote