Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
mrnoitall OP
Banned

Oddometer: 146
My Honda Helix was stolen! North East PA.

I parked my black 2001 Honda helix with about 17000 miles on it in my front yard with a for sale sign on it. Came home late on Thursday, noticed the ink on the sign was running due to heavy rains. I made a mental note to fix the sign the next day... The following day I opened my front door late afternoon and the scooter was gone!

Called the police and filled a report. They basically told me the chances of recovering it were slim to none. I was going to use the funds from the sale to help finance a new bike. I had a bunch of people calling. Now I have to start my piggy bank again.
mrnoitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #2
bbishoppcm
It ain't a moped.

Oddometer: 666
I am terribly sorry to hear about your loss, I hope that sonnavabitch gets whats coming to him.

Was it at least insured?

My suggestion is to list it under the stolen scooter registry; http://scooteralert.com/ It looks like you've already done this...

The second thing would be to keep an eye out for Helix parts on eBay in your area; you may never recover the whole bike, but you should be able to nab the motherf***er if you can prove those parts came from your ride.

We're all in this together; I also own a Helix, and would love to see the guy who steals her from me hanging from a lamppost in full public view.
bbishoppcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,711
Good luck finding it. I had my Zuma stolen but luckily my wife was looking out the window and saw it happen. The police caught him in just a few minutes.

Was it insured?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #4
creighta
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
I love my Helix (cfmoto clone actually) but have to wonder what kind of jackass would steal a scooter.....especially a helix which is one of the greatest bikes ever for riding, but not for looking at.

either way, I hope you see him out on it while you are driving a very large truck
creighta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:57 PM   #5
bbishoppcm
It ain't a moped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creighta View Post
I love my Helix (cfmoto clone actually) but have to wonder what kind of jackass would steal a scooter.....especially a helix which is one of the greatest bikes ever for riding, but not for looking at.

either way, I hope you see him out on it while you are driving a very large truck
Scooters, motorcycles, mopeds... they're the easiest vehicles to steal, as the ignitions are MUCH easier to pick (or drill), and they can be hot-wired and driven away in seconds if the fork lock isn't activated. Not to mention, two guys and a pickup truck can make any two-wheeled machine disappear without even picking the ignition over.

Any bike that has been in production for (in this case, two decades) unchanged is ripe for theft, as there is a strong demand for replacement parts; they'll strip it down to the chassis, then sell the chassis for scrap metal (or abandon it in the woods, as was in the case of my dad's stolen Honda Spree). Funny that... 15 years after it was stolen, the police found it in the woods in Massachusetts (about 30 miles from our house) and asked if we wanted it back. My dad declined.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:00 PM   #6
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,551
I kind of wonder if your covered under your home insurance as sometime is the case. Sad but true most bike are easy to take. A wire cutter. A flat head screw driver. Unlike the other I saying you might not get it back, keep an eye on clist for it or an helix being parted out . it's suprizing that some many dumb ass sell stolden stuff there . Even Put an fake add on clist saying wanted honda Helix engine and body panels. You might be able to get it back that way.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #7
tastroman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,563
I always thought that one of the benefits of riding an old scooter is that nobody would want to steal it. Guess I was wrong.
2009 Buell Ulysses XB12XT
tastroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #8
bbishoppcm
It ain't a moped.

Nah, they'll steal damn near anything if they want it bad enough.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #9
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoitall View Post
I parked my black 2001 Honda helix with about 17000 miles on it in my front yard with a for sale sign on it. Came home late on Thursday, noticed the ink on the sign was running due to heavy rains. I made a mental note to fix the sign the next day... The following day I opened my front door late afternoon and the scooter was gone!

Called the police and filled a report. They basically told me the chances of recovering it were slim to none. I was going to use the funds from the sale to help finance a new bike. I had a bunch of people calling. Now I have to start my piggy bank again.
That sucks. Where at in NEPA was it stolen from?

Newfoundland 2012

James Bay 2014
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #10
NachoRoto
Meet you there. OK?

Oddometer: 5,692
I will keep an eye out in Wilkes Barre Area...
Old 03-08-2012, 04:51 AM   #11
GS750T
GS750T

Oddometer: 366
I'll be on the look out in the Lehigh Valley.
07 klx 250
GS750T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:40 AM   #12
mrnoitall OP
Banned

Oddometer: 146
Thanks for the comments guys! The bike was stolen from Dunmore Pa... near Scranton. No word yet and not really expecting anything.
mrnoitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:10 AM   #13
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,153
I'm in Scranton every day for school, so I'll keep an eye out.

Newfoundland 2012

James Bay 2014
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:00 AM   #14
NachoRoto
Meet you there. OK?

Oddometer: 5,692
I have an 87 elite 250 if you wanna replace it.

Got any pictures of it incase I see it? A vin? Distinguishing marks?
Old 03-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #15
btcn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,880
Man that there piece of shit, I'd love to find that boy myself! Or maybe not cause I don't wanna go to prison for murder or a surver beatin.

I can't help you obviously I's out Californny way, but I understant the feeling of a losing something. On the brighter side [well hell the most I can do to cheer you up, right?] is that you didn't feel too attached to that scooter if you was a sellin it. Its not like it was an significantly important part of you, like that old 69 Minitrail you had since your passed away dad bought you when you was 10 [just as an example]. But then again it still sucks to know some piece of shit has it. BUT then again on the bright side chances is it's gonna be sold for dirt cheap without a title or stripped and benifit many Helixes I guess. But I still know how it feels to lose something. If you loved the bike personally and was planned on a keepin it then it could be even worse.

Not trying to make it look like its not a big deal, lossing that money just plane sucks, just trying to cheer ya up! I mean thats all I can do out here anyways!

But people that steel, they WILL be payin. They all forget that god is watching there every move. They will likely end up in hell for eternaty if this is what they do a lot, or they will have to make up for these sins at the least.

And yea if sombody stoled my bike, man would I be upset. I know how it must felt I's had things stoled from me before not no bikes though. But if you had insurance then at lease you get something but probably not the value of the scooter.

But good luck finding any clues.

And to y'all, yes old scooters is MUCH less likely to be stoled. ESPICALLY like a beat up Yamaha Riva 180/200, in tan! For one it depands on the condition of the bike. If its a beater like my Elite 150, I don't worry as much. Still as much security as possible like them there steer locks. But I ain't usually a riden in no big city or no bad area. ALSO, a benifit of parking in front of Walmart is everybody seed it.