ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2012, 10:30 PM   #166
Rides1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by yondering View Post
Did any of you guys get hurt? I'm typing this from a wheelchair, something wrong with my right hip, some torn muscles or something I think.

I went down about halfway into the start; bounced over a rock and then tagged a guy crossing in front of me right as I landed. My right butt cheek met a pretty good rock. I picked the bike up and kept going for about 20 minutes, but when I dropped it again and couldn't stand up or get on my bike again, I knew I was done. One of the sweep riders helped me back on the bike and I limped back towards the road and camp. Thanks to Tim Todd #39 and family for the hospitality while I waited for a buddy to pick me up!
Sorry to hear about your crash yondeing. I was wondering how you made out.
Hope you have a speedy recovery!!
Rides1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:11 AM   #167
MasterMarine
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,364
It was good chatting with Dave and Pat at the D100. Never even saw Tony but met his dad who let me use his phone. Thanks!

Quick recap of my weekend.

Went to Moses Lake and stayed friday night with family. Got up Saturday morning and headed out. Stopped at Safeway to get some supplies. When I came out of Safeway, I noticed my trailer seemed to be sitting a bit low under my heavy KLX. I looked up under there and found a dead mouse skewered on one of the bolts that holds the springs onto the axle. The scene was so totaly outside of anything I expected to see that I immediately forgot what I was doing looking under there. WTF?? How did that get there?? I wish I would have taken a picture of it. I got in the van and drove to Odessa.

KLX did not feel up to running so jumped on the KTM for the Ironman Poker run. Poked about 4 holes in the sidewall of my trails tire in various places on the lap. Used up every plug I had. It was a fun ride.

I was still concerned about the trailer issue as now the one side was sitting very low (thought I had a broken spring). After the ride, I called my dad who came out from Moses Lake with a PU (and my 6 year old son) so he could haul the bikes home. They were both impressed with the number of people out there. I was afraid to haul the bikes on the trailer with questionable spring since a failure would have likely destroyed all of my toys. My dad also had to drag my Eurovan thru some of the mud bog to the exit with the truck. Idiots kept moving their trucks out in front of me when I was bombing thru the mud with momentum so I would have to stop. Trailer problem ended up being weak spring and some jack ass had tightened up all the spring links so tight that the thing had bound up and would not rebound back up after being compressed. Had Easter Egg hunt at parents for my son and his cousins. Was plotting a Fields milk shake meetup for this summer with a Harley riding friend when my mom fainted in the laundry room. She ended up in the ambulance and then at the hospital overnight. While waiting around the house monday, I called around and found a set of springs for my trailer at Beeline. Went and picked them up and installed them. Trailer is ok now! Turns out mom had low blood pressure due to medication mess up and dehydration. Everything else was ok.

Was a crazy weekend for me. Finally made it home last night.

Looking forward to trying out my ugly new bag!

Time for work!
MasterMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #168
yondering
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMarine View Post
Idiots kept moving their trucks out in front of me when I was bombing thru the mud with momentum so I would have to stop.
This happened to me too! I was in my Nissan 240SX (performance street tires, lowered, rwd sports car) and several guys, drunk I assume, stepped out in front of me as I was trying to make it through the muddy ruts, and just stood there watching. Thanks dudes! I didn't get stuck, but sure got a lot of mud on the car!
yondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #169
kwisn
One Happy Dog

Oddometer: 8,427
Yondering, heal quick!

I think you'd look like less of an ass if you'd shut the fuck up more often. Boondoggle
kwisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #170
Chilipepper
Baja wannabe

Oddometer: 817
Had a helluva great time down there. Did the ironman on Sat, had a good run on the first lap, then gashed my front tire so bad that I couldn't plug it. So I had to limp out, stopping to pump it up every few mins. Tubliss made that a much easier job.

Had a good run going on the first lap of the 100, passed a ton of people struggling on hills. Only got stuck at the river fiasco for about 5 mins. I felt faster and smoother than last year.

Stoved something buried in a big mud pit on the second lap that flipped me off. That rattled me for awhile. Got a good pace going again but went down hard in a rock garden. My pressure suit spared me from a lot of pain but buggered my clutch hand for the rest of the race. Made it near impossible to stand up for the rest of the race. Got passed a lot after that but I figure I did alright considering.

Fuel, a full bottle of water and power gel took less than 2 mins in the pits thanks to my wife and friend.

Thanks to the Stumpjumpers for putting on another great event. Looking forward to doing it again.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #171
mrazekan
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,357
That was fun...

Given a number of things, I decided not to race, correction, enter the D100. I wanted to support my best bud Lou so I decided to head out to be his cheering squad.

Sometimes the adventure starts before you even leave the house:
A week before the race, I notice the Radiator on the ATK450 is bent and leaking. You really can'y go down to Bob's Motorcycles and get one of these. Luckily, I was able to source one out of Arizona and had it shipped. I didn't have time to put it on so I just threw the unopened box into the van.

We get to the site and start doing laps looking for the Konflict crew. Two laps and nothing. So we park it and head to the beer tent. We see Out-of-sight show up so we follow them to the Konflict campground...which was directly across from where we parked.

We set up camp, sign up for the poker run, and I spend the evening replacing my radiator.

The next day we get up, do the poker run, nap, BS by the ceviche, go to sleep. Exciting huh? Sunday is game day. Lou wakes up and he can't move. His back is killing him. No Race for him. For a brief second I thought about taking his number. But I was sore enough that I knew it would be a bad idea. The benefit though is that we both got to relax and be spectators. i got to see the mass starts. WOW!!! and i got to take a few pics and vids. Enjoy:

Desert 100 motorcycle race
Lunch Break on the Poker Run

Two-Smoke Wheelie

Asking for More

A little bit of Baja
The Only Ceviche for 100 MILES!

Konflict Approved
Konflict Approved Ceviche

Wave One. You can briefly see Luke at about 1:56-1:59 at the top of the screen.

Wave Two included the vintage bikes and adventure class.

Paul on the SL 350
Paul at the Start

Dave Kamo only seconds ahead of Prochnau at the 35mi mark.

(Third place was ten minutes back from these two!)

Bobby Prochnau Eh!

(Ended up beating Kamo by 2 minutes)

A Chicken.

You know the story!

I was so busy taking pictures of the big bike that I missed Luke:

Here are my favorites:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/6689127...7629741132029/

Here are all of my pics in case you see a pic of yourself:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/6689127...7629740690003/

Cheers!
Old 04-12-2012, 11:48 PM   #172
oregoncoast
Racing Like a Noob

Oddometer: 4,408
Thanks Hugo!! And that Ceviche ....damn.
oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:53 PM   #173
kclark
1SevenZero

Oddometer: 76

A bit of a delay getting my video together, but here is mine. Had a great time. I didn't crash, but after all of the woops (whoops?) I felt like I had.
kclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:40 AM   #174
BucketHead
Would-Be Camel Man

Oddometer: 224
The good guys at OneWheelDrive have published a short article I wrote on my experience at the Desert 100:

http://www.onewheeldrive.net/2012/04...he-desert-100/

BucketHead screwed with this post 04-20-2012 at 11:00 AM Reason: Update Link
BucketHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #175
NWBoarder
Whitmeister

Oddometer: 1,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketHead View Post
The good guys at OneWheelDrive have published a short article I wrote on my experience at the Desert 100:

Nice article.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #176
LC Garage
On Any Sunday

Oddometer: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketHead View Post

well done, you really captured the essence!
Old 04-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #177
BucketHead
Would-Be Camel Man

Oddometer: 224
Thanks! The scale of the D100 crushes any attempt at description, so it was a fun write (and a great ride).
BucketHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:23 AM   #178
SydVicious
Advantageous

Oddometer: 1
adventure riding

Looking for people to join me on just a ride on the course.
SydVicious is offline   Reply With Quote