Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2012, 05:07 AM   #46
2upAussie990
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz View Post
Does any one know if the Nolan X-lite X-551 helmet is sold in Australia?

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motor.../x-lite-x-551/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxkvT...e_gdata_player
Not that I have seen mate, Ron Angel Wholesale are the dist and we deal with them at work and I have asked a few times about an ADV type Nolan helmet but to no avail.
2upAussie990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:09 AM   #47
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,625
Thanks for that info.

Found them here, with Touratech Australia at $925 aud.

http://www.touratech.com.au/home/358...-products.html

Wonder if they ever sold any?
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:25 AM   #48
rowie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
Anyone using a 3XL DS lid? I'm having a bitch of a time trying to find a bucket to fit my boof head and haven't got a hope in hell of trying one before buying. Looks like the only options are Icon Variant, AGV AX-8 and AFX FX-39, and only the AGV is available in Australia.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:31 AM   #49
2upAussie990
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowie View Post
Anyone using a 3XL DS lid? I'm having a bitch of a time trying to find a bucket to fit my boof head and haven't got a hope in hell of trying one before buying. Looks like the only options are Icon Variant, AGV AX-8 and AFX FX-39, and only the AGV is available in Australia.

I called in to Brisbane hoda this arvo when I was passing by, 5 staff standing around upstairs having a yap to reps and not 1 approached me. So I walked out.
Tried on a Shoei hornet in XL, was ok, but would be good in 2XL, can't get them. I am like you mate. my current helmet is an XL MX helmet, can't find anything to go close in a 2XL or even 3xL in some brands
Old 03-21-2012, 02:40 AM   #50
stujamur
Havin the craic

Oddometer: 1,092
I am trying to find the agv somewhere in brisbane to try one .

North star yamaha guy said they dont stock as they sold f all adv gear . But he did offer to order one in and was very friendly ( independent store ) Same story at team moto across the road .
So shoei + arai bit pricey for me at the mo .
R jays felt heavy n bulky ( bit like me old zeuss ) .
Would like to see a agv b4 paying - if not will try get shoei in sale somewhere .

Why don't the suppliers give them stock and take it back if it doesn't sell
Old 03-21-2012, 03:00 AM   #51
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,625
If the Hornet is on sale Stu, check the manufacture date inside the helmet. I have found a few around Brisbane coming up to four years old. If I wanted a 2012 manufacture it would be full price from the shops I have been to so far.

Been looking for the AGV as well but haven't found them any where yet.

Off again bought his through Coastline but had to order it in.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:05 AM   #52
2upAussie990
Gnarly Adventurer

They prolly can send stock back mate but usually return freight plus the freight they paid to get it there and a restocking fee doesn't make it worthwhile.
But they'll never sell it if it's not on display and that's the bugger with gear and helmets we all want to try on the exact size first, so they end up with 50k worth of helmets and jackets and boots and stuff before you blink
Old 03-21-2012, 03:20 AM   #53
stujamur
Havin the craic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz View Post
If the Hornet is on sale Stu, check the manufacture date inside the helmet. I have found a few around Brisbane coming up to four years old. If I wanted a 2012 manufacture it would be full price from the shops I have been to so far.

Been looking for the AGV as well but haven't found them any where yet.

Off again bought his through Coastline but had to order it in.
Ye i realised that a few years back after buying my shoei mx helmet half price. I have a friend who has a worn once shoei hornet in my size , she will sell it to me for 400 but it is 4-5 yrs old ???
Old 03-21-2012, 03:36 AM   #54
Dr AT
(KTM quack)

Oddometer: 1,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by stujamur View Post
I am trying to find the agv somewhere in brisbane to try one . ....

Why don't the suppliers give them stock and take it back if it doesn't sell
Many moons ago a dealer spun me BS about the suppliers not giving stock then taking it back ....so I called the arai distributor direct/ got the local rep and a week later had 2 different sized lids to choose from, no pressure to buy- just return them if they didn't fit. He gave me a choice of dealers to send the lids to (and naturally I didn't use the one who spun the BS).

So try contacting the AGV distributor direct and ask where there is stock of one to try on , I bet that if there isn't stock near you they will sort something out.
Dr AT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:49 PM   #55
Croney
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 247
The AGV

See the AGV AX8 Evo ( or what looks a lot like it ) is in the latest Ballards catalogue for $449.

SPOT - http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...lCtPyqSCbXkmID
Croney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:53 PM   #56
stujamur
Havin the craic

Ok some googling says monza imports handles agv - so i sent them an email, let you know what they say .
Old 03-22-2012, 02:06 AM   #57
rowie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2upAussie990 View Post
I called in to Brisbane hoda this arvo when I was passing by, 5 staff standing around upstairs having a yap to reps and not 1 approached me. So I walked out.
Tried on a Shoei hornet in XL, was ok, but would be good in 2XL, can't get them. I am like you mate. my current helmet is an XL MX helmet, can't find anything to go close in a 2XL or even 3xL in some brands
You would think the manufacturers would have standardised sizes. A 2XL Rjays Dakar would not go over my head, but a 2XL Zeus 2100 would, albeit very tightly, and I couldn't put my glasses on.

Just found the Icon Variant here> https://www.thehelmetwarehouse.com.a...on=show_detail but only up to XL

The problem I have is living in BFNW, Nth QLD and if I special order and buy a helmet online and it doesn't fit, I'm up shite creek because all the sites I have seen that sell helmets don't accept returns. Might have to look for a road toad lid that has decent venting (if such a thing exists)

Cheers,
David.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:09 AM   #58
WILL_S
OUTLAW POSTIE 001

Oddometer: 2,063
Quote:
Ok some googling says monza imports handles agv - so i sent them an email, let you know what they say .
Good stuff
I'm keen to try one on as heard the sizing might be a bit different
Old 03-22-2012, 03:42 AM   #59
2upAussie990
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowie View Post
You would think the manufacturers would have standardised sizes. A 2XL Rjays Dakar would not go over my head, but a 2XL Zeus 2100 would, albeit very tightly, and I couldn't put my glasses on.

Just found the Icon Variant here> https://www.thehelmetwarehouse.com.a...on=show_detail but only up to XL

The problem I have is living in BFNW, Nth QLD and if I special order and buy a helmet online and it doesn't fit, I'm up shite creek because all the sites I have seen that sell helmets don't accept returns. Might have to look for a road toad lid that has decent venting (if such a thing exists)

Cheers,
David.
yep and I have an XL adv jacket in 1 brand, couldn't get into a 4XL from dri rider and just last week picked up my new RST outfit in 3XL.ho rse

Have even tried the odd roady helmet in 3XL and cant get it on. farkin shits me.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:47 AM   #60
Chop Chop
Hector erector

Oddometer: 1,578
Quote:

Importers are Cassons, according to AGV international

codes and rrp

http://www.cassons.com.au/IN_Listing...F7LK0000000009

Helmet is very light compared to the Arai and Shoei. I take a med in Arai and Fox and the AGV is similiar. Haven't tried it out yet, too much damn rain