Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #738
koncha

Oddometer: 10,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky View Post
Hey, how 'bout them Raiders??
That defense is over-classed. The offense is serviceable.

Injuries and salary cap are killing them. Even at the beginning of the season, it was known that the Raiders didn't have much depth at any position. They needed to start fast to have any chance at the post season. That didn't happen.

At least they get to play the Chiefs again this season.
koncha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #739
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,789
They just need Madden and Stabler back and things will be fine.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #740
koncha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
Yuck it up.

Without Manning, the Bronchokes are struggling to get 4 wins this entire season.

While I am on the topic of Manning, can you imagine being him? No matter where he goes or how many people are there, he knows more about NFL offense than anyone else there. Basically, whenever Manning walks into any stadium in the NFL, he is the smartest offensive mind there. Period. Even on the sidelines.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #741
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by koncha View Post
Yuck it up.

Without Manning, the Bronchokes are struggling to get 4 wins this entire season.

While I am on the topic of Manning, can you imagine being him? No matter where he goes or how many people are there, he knows more about NFL offense than anyone else there. Basically, whenever Manning walks into any stadium in the NFL, he is the smartest offensive mind there. Period. Even on the sidelines.

Except when he comes to Foxboro.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #742
koncha

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
They just need Madden and Stabler back and things will be fine.
The coach is doing what he can. They really are in bad shape. They don't have the talent to go 8-8.

Carson Palmer doesn't help. He isn't really the answer to the QB problem but what are you going to do? You can't eat everyone's contract.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #743
koncha

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
Except when he comes to Foxboro.
Sorry, including Foxboro. Too bad Indy never had someone like him on the field for the defense.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #744
RLK

Oddometer: 6,340
Go Bears!

?

Jay C is another one who seems too big for his biritches; a professional jackass with no talent when the curtain rises. If he has anything to show us let it be now.

I like Gary Kubiak brand football. I can't help but like them except for how it affects the Broncos in January.

-Juanito on the Yahoo!
RLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #745
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 39,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by koncha View Post
The coach is doing what he can. They really are in bad shape. They don't have the talent to go 8-8.

Carson Palmer doesn't help. He isn't really the answer to the QB problem but what are you going to do? You can't eat everyone's contract.
What do you think of canning Jackson? I thought he did pretty well in his rookie season.

As far as Manning, I've said since the Broncos got him, "Even if he is at 80% physically he's still the smartest player on the field."

And that is a key point, the Broncos went and got him. Paid the dollars, clicked his buttons. I've been more impressed with Elway as a football exec than I thought I would be. I don't expect most stars to be very good at coaching/management.

Speaking of coaching, Peyton is one star who I think could move into coaching successfully post career. I hope he's willing (unlike Favre) to work with the kid from ASU that the Broncos drafted as a back up.

I was going to say that the Broncos D is good enough that they would have won eight games this year w/o Peyton. Then I realized they would have still had Tebow.

Another fumble in the Sunday night game.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:57 PM   #746
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 39,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLK View Post
Go Bears!

?

Jay C is another one who seems too big for his biritches; a professional jackass with no talent when the curtain rises. If he has anything to show us let it be now.

I like Gary Kubiak brand football. I can't help but like them except for how it affects the Broncos in January.
This is a tough game for me. I'd say it is my second favorite team vs my second favorite team.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #747
koncha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
What do you think of canning Jackson? I thought he did pretty well in his rookie season.

As far as Manning, I've said since the Broncos got him, "Even if he is at 80% physically he's still the smartest player on the field."

And that is a key point, the Broncos went and got him. Paid the dollars, clicked his buttons. I've been more impressed with Elway as a football exec than I thought I would be. I don't expect most stars to be very good at coaching/management.

Speaking of coaching, Peyton is one star who I think could move into coaching successfully post career. I hope he's willing (unlike Favre) to work with the kid from ASU that the Broncos drafted as a back up.

I was going to say that the Broncos D is good enough that they would have won eight games this year w/o Peyton. Then I realized they would have still had Tebow.

Another fumble in the Sunday night game.
He certainly wasn't fired for his performance. I don't think they liked his Alexander Haig moment. I think Hue was fired because Mark Davis wanted it that way.

I can't see Manning coaching at the pro level. The Mannings do a QB camp every year. I could see Peyton coaching college. I wonder how frustrated he would be when a QB didn't show the same commitment he had when he was playing.

Maybe something in the booth? I don't know. The guy has made enough money, he could probably buy a franchise.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #748
Beelzabob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,114
Another week, another emotional and painful loss. At this point, I just can't do it anymore. After 30+ years as a Charger fan, I just don't see the worth anymore. I hate to say it but, It's just too painful and simply feels like insanity IMHO to root for this team because of the clear message the ownership is sending. It's all about just making a profit and has NOTHING to do about winning!

The Spanos family has made it clear that the culture of top down failure will allow silly mistakes at the execution and coaching level just to turn a profit. This team/Franchise is pathetic! The Manning family was right! The face of the origination is a clear example of poor leadership and why the NFL should due a better job of screening before they allow ownership.

My guess is that the Spanos family is betting on failure in 2012 & 13 to allow them to move to the LA market to expand potential revenue growth. But who am I to speculate.

Either way, after years of lacking structure, guidance and discipline, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I just can't do it any more. Spanos family... You just lost my $ and support. I'M DONE! FU!

"Most of the trip was like being thrown into a barrel of titties only to come out sucking your thumb!" - Oisin
Beelzabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #749
koncha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzabob View Post
Another week, another emotional and painful loss. At this point, I just can't do it anymore. After 30+ years as a Charger fan, I just don't see the worth anymore. I hate to say it but, It's just too painful and simply feels like insanity IMHO to root for this team because of the clear message the ownership is sending. It's all about just making a profit and has NOTHING to do about winning!

The Spanos family has made it clear that the culture of top down failure will allow silly mistakes at the execution and coaching level just to turn a profit. This team/Franchise is pathetic! The Manning family was right! The face of the origination is a clear example of poor leadership and why the NFL should due a better job of screening before they allow ownership.

My guess is that the Spanos family is betting on failure in 2012 & 13 to allow them to move to the LA market to expand potential revenue growth. But who am I to speculate.

Either way, after years of lacking structure, guidance and discipline, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I just can't do it any more. Spanos family... You just lost my $ and support. I'M DONE! FU!

* this picture does not represent Al Davis in current or any past forms.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #750
AC Swank
Banned

Oddometer: 9,641
Hopefully if the Chargers move north, they go all the way to Portland, OR, the're used to teams not living up to their hype (Trail Blazers).
AC Swank is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: