Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #811
liquidsmile
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1greenmachine View Post
The problem for the bears and packers is the same, the o-lines suck and take out cutler/rodgers and you lose out, atleast you have a good defense. I think the playoffs will be very interesting this year, atlanta is hot right now but they haven't played a high power defense and if they go outside a dome they're done. My pick is the 49ers going all the way.
Chargers, Chiefs, Tampa Bay, Eagles, Redskins, were all played outdoors.
liquidsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #812
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,008
Quote:
The problem for the bears and packers is the same, the o-lines suck and take out cutler/rodgers and you lose out, atleast you have a good defense. I think the playoffs will be very interesting this year, atlanta is hot right now but they haven't played a high power defense and if they go outside a dome they're done. My pick is the 49ers going all the way.
Which QB?

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #813
1greenmachine
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmile View Post
Chargers, Chiefs, Tampa Bay, Eagles, Redskins, were all played outdoors.
Redskins and tampa are the only ones that probaly will have the same head coach next year and none have a defense close to the 49ers or bears. Also the falcons like the saints and packers have a more indoor turf friendly offense which hurts the packers at the end of year and play off time. I figure to get to the superbowl you will play either the bears, giants or 49ers and your offense will have to play its best to beat those defenses.

1greenmachine screwed with this post 11-28-2012 at 11:12 AM
1greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #814
1greenmachine
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54 View Post
Which QB?
Both, thou the bears have a manageable quaterback without cutler the offense sucks. The packers if rodgers goes down have harrel which seeing what he's played means they're screwed.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:52 PM   #815
mike54
You don't get me

Quote:
Both, thou the bears have a manageable quaterback without cutler the offense sucks. The packers if rodgers goes down have harrel which seeing what he's played means they're screwed.
I meant whick QB will take the 9er's to the Super Bowl? Smith or Kaepernick?

I don't think the 9er's defense is as tough as everyone else does. After all SL scored 24 points on them. They need to score to win. Kaepernick seems good so far but there hasn't been a lot of film to study. I think once the other teams get a chance to see what he does he's not going to be looking so good.

Do stand up guys lie?
Old 11-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #816
Stinez
Rhymes with Heinz :D

Oddometer: 47,065
Quote:

I don't think the 9er's defense is as tough as everyone else does. After all SL scored 24 points on them. They need to score to win. Kaepernick seems good so far but there hasn't been a lot of film to study. I think once the other teams get a chance to see what he does he's not going to be looking so good.
It's officially Kaepernick again this week.

I think with all things being fairly equal that Kaepernick's ability to avoid and muscle through the rush is a big advantage for the kid.

BUT he'll have to show that he won't get happy feet once he get's hit if he wants to keep the job.

The GOP puts the "Con" in Conservative.
Stinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #817
liquidsmile
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Redskins and tampa are the only ones that probaly will have the same head coach next year and none have a defense close to the 49ers or bears. Also the falcons like the saints and packers have a more indoor turf friendly offense which hurts the packers at the end of year and play off time. I figure to get to the superbowl you will play either the bears, giants or 49ers and your offense will have to play its best to beat those defenses.
Falcons biggest issue is the lack of another decent pass rusher, and our running game. I would love to see them pick up Babin if he were to clear waivers. That would take care of some of the pass rushing issues we have.

The running game is another huge problem. I think we are going to see a lot more Quiz Rogers out on the field as Turner has become to old and slow to really be that much of the game changing back he was in the past.

I have never heard of a team that has won the Superbowl that could not rush the passer, or run the ball.

I have my hopes for this year but I still think the Falcons are a year or 2 away from going to the Superbowl. If ever.

Edit: Babin just got picked up by Jacksonville. Oh well, so much for that idea.

liquidsmile screwed with this post 11-28-2012 at 01:31 PM
Old 11-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #818
mike54
You don't get me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinez View Post
It's officially Kaepernick again this week.

I think with all things being fairly equal that Kaepernick's ability to avoid and muscle through the rush is a big advantage for the kid.

BUT he'll have to show that he won't get happy feet once he get's hit if he wants to keep the job.
What do you think of Harbaugh? A real fan's perspective would be interesting.

Do stand up guys lie?
Old 11-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #819
Stinez
Rhymes with Heinz :D

Oddometer: 47,065
Quote:
What do you think of Harbaugh? A real fan's perspective would be interesting.
I like the guy because he's a true coach and not just a rah rah motivation guy. He's also a teacher of the game and he's not only teaching technique but teaching these kids how to be MEN in the NFL.

He hasn't passed all the tests and he's got a long way to go but he's obviously winning and getting the most out of the talent they have.

The real test will be 4 or 5 years down the road when the whole team is made up of people that he brought in and not High draft pick leftovers from previous coaches.

The things that worry me about that aspect is that his last 2 high draft picks still haven't played a down. (WR A.J. Jenkins and RB LaMichael James)

Which can go 2 ways:

The aren't good enough yet...so why draft them in the early rounds.
Or
The team is so stacked that it might be better to let them get a better feel for the complexities of the NFL and ease them in when needed.

As it now stands the guys in front of those 2 (RB Hunter and WR Williams) are done for the season (both hurt on the same play) so we should see those kids on the field this week.

OTOH Kaepernick and Aldon Smith are Harbaugh guys so he certainly deserves credit and room to maneuver.

OH and one more thing:

The GOP puts the "Con" in Conservative.

Stinez screwed with this post 11-28-2012 at 02:53 PM
Stinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #820
mike54
You don't get me

Quote:
I like the guy because he's a true coach and not just a rah rah motivation guy. He's also a teacher of the game and he's not only teaching technique but teaching these kids how to be MEN in the NFL.

He hasn't passed all the tests and he's got a long way to go but he's obviously winning and getting the most out of the talent they have.

The real test will be 4 or 5 years down the road when the whole team is made up of people that he brought in and not High draft pick leftovers from previous coaches.

The things that worry me about that aspect is that his last 2 high draft picks still haven't played a down. (WR A.J. Jenkins and RB LaMichael James)

Which can go 2 ways:

The aren't good enough yet...so why draft them in the early rounds.
Or
The team is so stacked that it might be better to let them get a better feel for the complexities of the NFL and ease them in when needed.

As it now stands the guys in front of those 2 (RB Hunter and WR Williams) are done for the season (both hurt on the same play) so we should see those kids on the field this week.

OTOH Kaepernick and Aldon Smith are Harbaugh guys so he certainly deserves credit and room to maneuver.

OH and one more thing:

Is that your tat? I guess you really are a true fan.

Harbaugh must run a lot of tackeling drills. That has got to be one of the most solid tackeling team in the NFL right now.

Except for this little bit of action.

I haven't been a fan of the 49er's since Walsh left. I'm trying to warm up to Harbough but he keeps one foot in crazy land. Some of his challenges don't seem well thought out and he seems pretty emtional on the sidelines. But his press conferences really make me nuts.

Do stand up guys lie?
Old 11-28-2012, 04:19 PM   #821
Murphy Slaw
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,282
Quote:

OH and one more thing:

Pretty much my thoughts on the 49ers, but you guys are getting it done.....
Murphy Slaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #822
1greenmachine
Studly Adventurer

Quote:

Well i don't know and the 49ers probaly don't either, Kaepernick has it going on right now but come playoff time can you afford him to have a rookie type game, or by then the defenses will have him figured out. Smith you just gotta feel for the guy getting bent everywhich way there, he has the experience but lacks the talent, so yeah glad i'm not the coach.
I agree about the defense that at the start of the season i thought they were untouchable, but they've had their moments but when they're on they control the game like the giants did the packers. The 49ers if they get into a shootout type game gotta play Kaepernick because his speed opens a whole new threat no one fears from smith.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:56 PM   #823
1greenmachine
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmile View Post
Falcons biggest issue is the lack of another decent pass rusher, and our running game. I would love to see them pick up Babin if he were to clear waivers. That would take care of some of the pass rushing issues we have.

The running game is another huge problem. I think we are going to see a lot more Quiz Rogers out on the field as Turner has become to old and slow to really be that much of the game changing back he was in the past.

I have never heard of a team that has won the Superbowl that could not rush the passer, or run the ball.

I have my hopes for this year but I still think the Falcons are a year or 2 away from going to the Superbowl. If ever.

Edit: Babin just got picked up by Jacksonville. Oh well, so much for that idea.
I think the falcons are a good team, but as you state they have issues plus Ryan has that playoff jinx he needs to kick. If they can lock up home field that will help because if they go outside in the cold that will hurt the offense alot ecspecially against like the bears who get alot of take aways and can beat you with their offense.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:42 AM   #824
liquidsmile
Beastly Adventurer

Well the playoff jinx is there and is the 800 pound gorilla in the room. I will say though, the teams the Falcons lost too either went on to the Superbowl, or won the Superbowl. It was not like they lost to bottom of the barrel playoff teams. Hopefully this year he can get that monkey off his back.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:05 AM   #825
liquidsmile
Beastly Adventurer

On another note. Atlanta Falcons fans that were working at the airport egged the Saints bus.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/86...tlanta-airport

liquidsmile screwed with this post 11-29-2012 at 08:10 AM

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: