ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #946
tkitna
Beastly Adventurer
 
tkitna's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: West Virginia
Oddometer: 4,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gone View Post
I'm not particularly a Jets fan, or a Mark Sanchez defender, but there's something wrong when the kid takes the Jets to the division championship game in his first two years, then plummets. There's something we aren't seeing. Or maybe their opponents have just figured out his schtick, and he can't adapt.
I'm not a Sanchez fan or hater either way, but they have no running game to help him out. Greene's alright as a change of pace back, but not an every down starter. LT was done while he was there, but even he was an upgrade.
__________________
Donovan: If he (Paul McCartney) fell on the piano, by the time he picked himself up he would have written three songs.

2008 DL650
2013 Goldwing
tkitna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #947
spanky
Well, maybe...
 
spanky's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Central CO
Oddometer: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54 View Post
........I wasn't going to watch the game because I knew it wouldn't be very good. But I turned it on out of curiosity and it was like watching midgets have sex or soemthing. Not really turning me on but you can't look away.
Now this is sad. Check it out Jets and Titans fans - the interest in watching your respective teams play against each other compared to watching midget porn.
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #948
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM
 
Mr_Gone's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Mountain Home, AR
Oddometer: 7,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
I'm not a Sanchez fan or hater either way, but they have no running game to help him out. Greene's alright as a change of pace back, but not an every down starter. LT was done while he was there, but even he was an upgrade.
Yep.
__________________
I will be the last person to die in my lifetime.
Mr_Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:04 PM   #949
AC Swank
Banned
 
AC Swank's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Orange, CA 92865
Oddometer: 9,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54 View Post
I kept thinking we were going to see McElroy, Tebow, Sanchez rotated in there for every down.

I wasn't going to watch the game because I knew it wouldn't be very good. But I turned it on out of curiosity and it was like watching midgets have sex or soemthing. Not really turning me on but you can't look away.
Just for laughs......

NSFW!

http://www.eyecandybikinibar.com/gallery/midgets/

AC Swank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #950
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)
 
shrineclown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Bruins Nation
Oddometer: 9,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot View Post
Not unless Romeo Crennel was the head coach.
Lighten up Frances!
__________________
Life is Good and Getting Better Every Day!
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #951
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)
 
shrineclown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Bruins Nation
Oddometer: 9,980
That is an interesting precept....how does the kid go from AFCC twice to missing twice? They should have won that game last night. Yes he made mistakes. Some were contributory, some all his. It was the ugliest game I have seen this year. I thought Rex, while being effervescent, was a pretty good hand at the coaching game. Is it Sparano? He has won the big deal in his current position. He did fair to munificent with a Miami team that was about half as talented as this Jets team. Is it all the defensive injuries? That has not been insignificant. I like Mangini....I think he has learned a lot. I think the Browns would be way ahead of where they are if he was still there and Holmgren wasn't. Those players had really started to respond to him at the end of his tenure in Cleveland. He plays solid, hard football. Learned what not to do in NY. Would they give him a second chance? Doubt it...but it would be a good fit. Cowher would not put up with the NY media crap...there would be a meltdown somewhere there. Can Gruden, turn the corner with this talent? I think he could, does he want to? I know there is talk that he won with Dungy's team...But that is crap. Dungy could not win with them and it took him a long time to win with Peyton. Not that I dislike Dungy, but facts is facts. Gruden took that squad right to the big house. He might be the guy for the Jets. Rex is going to have to DC somewhere to get the cred back and then take another stab at this. I know Tannenbaum deserves some blame here too, probably alot. But there is a lot of talent on that Jets squad to suck as bad as they did last night. Even with the injuries; they were playing the Titans! The only one who can be pointedly blamed for that is the HC. The other kid is not going to play any better than Sanchez in a full game. I'll say it again, Shonn Greene would be hammering the rock on almost any other team, all day long. It is a shame they do not take advantage of him.
__________________
Life is Good and Getting Better Every Day!
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:57 AM   #952
1greenmachine
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: green bay, wi
Oddometer: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
Paul Allen has some deep pockets. I'll accept Flynn's contract as we didnt know about Wilson at the time. Now Charlie Whitehurst's contract on the other hand,,,
I think they either shop him or cut him, i dont see him getting a shot at starting again with wilson playing so well, but could be some expensive insurance incase he's a 1 year stud. Allen can have deep pockets but if you guys are tight to the cap then your screwed, i think there will be alot of moving and shaking with coaches and players this year.
1greenmachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:46 PM   #953
tkitna
Beastly Adventurer
 
tkitna's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: West Virginia
Oddometer: 4,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1greenmachine View Post
I think they either shop him or cut him, i dont see him getting a shot at starting again with wilson playing so well, but could be some expensive insurance incase he's a 1 year stud. Allen can have deep pockets but if you guys are tight to the cap then your screwed, i think there will be alot of moving and shaking with coaches and players this year.
They'll shop him for sure. That's probably one of the reasons he was still throwing while the Hawks were up by 51 a week ago. We shouldnt be very bad cap wise this year as we have one of the youngest teams and not any superstars to resign, but i'm worried about 2 to 3 years down the road. The biggest problem now is to keep our secondary off the juice.
__________________
Donovan: If he (Paul McCartney) fell on the piano, by the time he picked himself up he would have written three songs.

2008 DL650
2013 Goldwing
tkitna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #954
tkitna
Beastly Adventurer
 
tkitna's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: West Virginia
Oddometer: 4,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
I'll say it again, Shonn Greene would be hammering the rock on almost any other team, all day long. It is a shame they do not take advantage of him.
Really? You think higher of him then I do.
__________________
Donovan: If he (Paul McCartney) fell on the piano, by the time he picked himself up he would have written three songs.

2008 DL650
2013 Goldwing
tkitna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:01 PM   #955
spanky
Well, maybe...
 
spanky's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Central CO
Oddometer: 1,764
Vikings-Texans: will AP get his yards?

I don't think he'll reach 200 yards but I'm thinking AP kisses the 150 mark.
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:50 PM   #956
1greenmachine
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: green bay, wi
Oddometer: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
They'll shop him for sure. That's probably one of the reasons he was still throwing while the Hawks were up by 51 a week ago. We shouldnt be very bad cap wise this year as we have one of the youngest teams and not any superstars to resign, but i'm worried about 2 to 3 years down the road. The biggest problem now is to keep our secondary off the juice.
The biggest problem is usually by the time you get all the pieces in place you only have a year or 2 before you get picked apart by free agency. The packers have and still are losing player, like probaly Jenings this year and have some big name guys to resign in the next few on defense that struggles still. I wouldn't mind seeing Woodson hang it up because he brings aton of experience but is getting slower every year, seems to always draw that stupid penalty and is making bank.
1greenmachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:39 AM   #957
tkitna
Beastly Adventurer
 
tkitna's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: West Virginia
Oddometer: 4,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1greenmachine View Post
The biggest problem is usually by the time you get all the pieces in place you only have a year or 2 before you get picked apart by free agency. The packers have and still are losing player, like probaly Jenings this year and have some big name guys to resign in the next few on defense that struggles still. I wouldn't mind seeing Woodson hang it up because he brings aton of experience but is getting slower every year, seems to always draw that stupid penalty and is making bank.
Yeah, I want Jennings. The Packers have gotten their use out of those players though. They've provided the championships and now it'll be time to try and replace some of those players. Jennings wont kill you though. Nelson, Cobb, and Jones are all more than capable. Compare that to Seattles receivers and you have an over paid Rice (finally a healthy season), Tate, and Baldwin. Lynch is our only superstar if you can even make that claim. Seattles young secondary is awesome though and hopefully we can keep them all. I hate Carroll, but I have to give him and Schneider credit for drafting players for specific reasons and actually playing them regardless of age and experience. It seems to be working right now anyways.
__________________
Donovan: If he (Paul McCartney) fell on the piano, by the time he picked himself up he would have written three songs.

2008 DL650
2013 Goldwing
tkitna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:50 AM   #958
WaterWheel
Multi Talentless
 
WaterWheel's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Green Bay, WI
Oddometer: 18,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky View Post
I don't think he'll reach 200 yards but I'm thinking AP kisses the 150 mark.
What else are the Vikes going to do? Pass the football?


Shit, he'll probably get 35 carries.
__________________
Every single bike I've ever owned.
WaterWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:04 AM   #959
1greenmachine
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: green bay, wi
Oddometer: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
Yeah, I want Jennings. The Packers have gotten their use out of those players though. They've provided the championships and now it'll be time to try and replace some of those players. Jennings wont kill you though. Nelson, Cobb, and Jones are all more than capable. Compare that to Seattles receivers and you have an over paid Rice (finally a healthy season), Tate, and Baldwin. Lynch is our only superstar if you can even make that claim. Seattles young secondary is awesome though and hopefully we can keep them all. I hate Carroll, but I have to give him and Schneider credit for drafting players for specific reasons and actually playing them regardless of age and experience. It seems to be working right now anyways.
I'd love for Jennings to come back but with his age/injuries i doubt they'll pay what he wants., mainly hope he doesn't go to a rival. We need a stud rb like peterson and the offense would be unstoppable, or a legit rb so we're not so 1 sided. but they never can pull the trigger on a guy or get a better o-line.

Your defense is doing really good this year, a ton better than ours, we're young but theres guys stepping up and making plays. We need to get another guy to step up on the line to help Ragi and Matthews so we can have some sort of pass rush which will help our secondary. It can be fustrating building thru the draft but look at the eagles all-star defense and how that turned out.
1greenmachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:39 PM   #960
Dr Klaun
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Dr Klaun's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Tumalo, OR
Oddometer: 409
Intersting article today on Jon Kitna:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--fo...194739063.html

Was never a big fan of his play, but what an impact he's having on HS kids. Kudo's to him!
__________________
- Matt

96 R1100RSL (red)
08 TE610
Dr Klaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014