User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #1036
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,789
All this Raiders talk on page 69 is appropriate. They do not know what end is up and what end is down. That is fanboy talk. You better switch to the Pats if you want to fanboy it.

If Reid coaches KC, they will be on Denvers butt in no time. There is some talent there that just needs to be organized a little better. He would finish better than .500 his first year there with what he has.

shrineclown screwed with this post 01-03-2013 at 09:17 PM
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:32 AM   #1037
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 7,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
If Reid coaches KC, they will be on Denvers butt in no time. There is some talent there that just needs to be organized a little better. He would finish better than .500 his first year there with what he has.
Agreed.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:05 AM   #1038
1greenmachine
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by koncha View Post
No lie, no acting: I really don't like the Broncos. That said, PM is the real deal. I think he is the greatest to ever play the game. Period. He single handedly altered the entire Colts organization into perennial winners. He did that. He did it to a small market team with minimal fan support. What he did for the community in Indianapolis is enormous. The local children's hospital is named 'Peyton Manning Children's Hospital'. He raised so much money for local charities, it was insane.

I am convinced the Raiders will be back. They need to keep cleaning out bad contracts but they'll be back. We aren't the Browns or the Cubs. We don't like losing. We don't take pride in it.

I think the Chiefs will be back as well. It will take longer but they'll do it. They had some bad drafts and can't seem to get an offensive line.

The Chargers? Um. Not so much.
In Indy Payton was the team and last year it showed, i think they got to comfortable dumping it on him and not building a better team around him. I to think he is the best ever to play and his total knowledge of the game is how he constantly changes the offense thru the whole game.

The raiders the old man built them but in his last years killed them so with that guy from the packers it will take a few years but i see them makeing a comeback once they cut all the garbage out of there.

Reid will get the cheifs turned around into play-off contenders but i don't know if they'd be much more than that with out getting a good QB. They took a step back by having Crennely as the coach because he just doesn't give the discipline the players needed.
1greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:43 AM   #1039
pilot
Slacker Moderator

Oddometer: 31,108
Pioli is out!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:53 AM   #1040
WaterWheel
Multi Talentless

Oddometer: 18,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot View Post
Pioli is out!
Rumor has it KC is going to try to snag John Dorsey as GM. Currently the football operations director for GB.

If they do, it'd be a good hire. He's been on the GM-in-waiting list for a few years.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:40 AM   #1041
pilot
Slacker Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterWheel View Post
Rumor has it KC is going to try to snag John Dorsey as GM. Currently the football operations director for GB.

If they do, it'd be a good hire. He's been on the GM-in-waiting list for a few years.
That's what I'm hearing, too. Also, the word is, the Reid hire is a done deal.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:05 AM   #1042
koncha

Oddometer: 10,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
All this Raiders talk on page 69 is appropriate. They do not know what end is up and what end is down. That is fanboy talk. You better switch to the Pats if you want to fanboy it.

It is AFC West talk.

Also, I don't think you know what 'fanboy' means.
koncha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:10 AM   #1043
1greenmachine
Studly Adventurer

Well KC got Reid so will be interesting to see who the GM will be and what they do to that team this off season. I wonder if they will do any QB shopping?
Old 01-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #1044
WaterWheel
Multi Talentless

Oddometer: 18,179
Alex Smith to KC.

You heard it here first.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #1045
koncha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1greenmachine View Post
In Indy Payton was the team and last year it showed, i think they got to comfortable dumping it on him and not building a better team around him. I to think he is the best ever to play and his total knowledge of the game is how he constantly changes the offense thru the whole game.

The raiders the old man built them but in his last years killed them so with that guy from the packers it will take a few years but i see them makeing a comeback once they cut all the garbage out of there.

Reid will get the cheifs turned around into play-off contenders but i don't know if they'd be much more than that with out getting a good QB. They took a step back by having Crennely as the coach because he just doesn't give the discipline the players needed.
The more I thin about Reid in KC, the less I worry about it. I think he was burned out in Philly. I think losing his son in the preseason was the last of it for him. He wasn't into it this season in Philly.

That said, why would KC necessarily be any different? What if it isn't Philly he is tired of, but football in general? Also, what in his time with the Eagles makes anyone think Reid is going to suddenly create a Superbowl contender?

The bigger concern for me, as a fan of an AFC West rival, is the removal of Pioli. Pioli is interesting. He comes from an organization that won everything because of the best offensive line and O line coaching in the league. And then when he becomes The Man in KC and promptly focuses on defense while the O line stays as one of the worst in the league year after year.

Right now, I think KC is about one season behind the Raiders in rebuilding. However, the Raiders' organizational dysfunction could come back at any time and set them back. We'll see if the Chargers can do anything. Broncos are the team to beat in the West. I've been reading what the players in Denver are saying and I think Peyton's work ethic is rubbing off. If that becomes institutionalized in Denver, the other three west teams are going to be chasing them for a long time.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #1046
pilot
Slacker Moderator

Quote:
Alex Smith to KC.

You heard it here first.
I kind of doubt it. We've gone that route for the last couple decades and we're ready for a real starter.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #1047
koncha

Quote:
Alex Smith to KC.

You heard it here first.
If KC doesn't get a functioning O line, he'll be down with a concussion or shoulder injury within 3 games.

I think the fans will like Alex Smith. He fits in with KC. No drama. Works hard. Tough as nails.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #1048
koncha

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot View Post
I kind of doubt it. We've gone that route for the last couple decades and we're ready for a real starter.
There isn't one in the draft and there isn't much available on the bench from other teams.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #1049
1greenmachine
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by koncha View Post
The more I thin about Reid in KC, the less I worry about it. I think he was burned out in Philly. I think losing his son in the preseason was the last of it for him. He wasn't into it this season in Philly.

That said, why would KC necessarily be any different? What if it isn't Philly he is tired of, but football in general? Also, what in his time with the Eagles makes anyone think Reid is going to suddenly create a Superbowl contender?

. We'll see if the Chargers can do anything. Broncos are the team to beat in the West. I've been reading what the players in Denver are saying and I think Peyton's work ethic is rubbing off. If that becomes institutionalized in Denver, the other three west teams are going to be chasing them for a long time.
I think Reid needed to leave just like Jeff Fischer needed to leave the titans, and looked what he's done with the rams. The one thing i thought is that Reid maybe should have taken a year off with his family issues and regrouped but hey thats his deal so whatever.

I like Peytons work ethic and i bet he demands 100% from his teammates and to play with a guy like that who won't give their all. John Fox needs some credit to with the energy he brings to that team, denver has a good thing going and actually can say they're a threat to go all the way.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #1050
koncha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1greenmachine View Post
I think Reid needed to leave just like Jeff Fischer needed to leave the titans, and looked what he's done with the rams. The one thing i thought is that Reid maybe should have taken a year off with his family issues and regrouped but hey thats his deal so whatever.

I like Peytons work ethic and i bet he demands 100% from his teammates and to play with a guy like that who won't give their all. John Fox needs some credit to with the energy he brings to that team, denver has a good thing going and actually can say they're a threat to go all the way.
Broncos games are pretty popular in Indy. They get picked up by the locals when there isn't a Colts conflict.

Watching Fox, you get the feeling he isn't doing anything with the offense. He looks like he is letting the offensive coordinator and the other guy that isn't Peyton Manning run The O Show.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: