Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning > EMEA
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2012, 05:25 AM   #16
Delirium OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Right now thanks to many of you our route plan in Greece look like this: http://maps.google.ru/maps?saddr=Kot...via=12&t=m&z=7

Still not sure about one thing: Pelion Mount - Trikeri region... Maybe its better to ride through Ioannina/Metsovo instead?...
Delirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:12 AM   #17
Delirium OP
Adventurer

http://maps.google.ru/maps?saddr=Kot...,15,16&t=m&z=8

Updated route map in Greece! Cant wait to ride it!

Any other advice or suggestions? :)

Delirium screwed with this post 03-21-2012 at 02:20 AM
Old 03-21-2012, 06:55 AM   #18
grteacher
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
After you enter Greece from Albania, take the small roads and pass from SYVOTA and then at all cost PARGA !!! Dont miss this place . During May the weather is good , not too hot (for us !!!! ) Expect some short showers...
Not much to see on the part of Pelloponese that you are passing. Prefered to stay inland and just follow the coast line until Nafpactos.
Nice route !!!!!
grteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:24 AM   #19
thanosg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Hello from Greece. My name is Thanos and I live in Larissa (Is in central Greece).
I will suggest you a nice trip in my country from Thessaloniki that you will see some of the most beautifull places (lakes , rivers , mountains ) and you will travel by small roads that will make your trip umforgetable.
From Thessaloniki you will travel to Platamonas. Is only one hour . Platamonas is a village in the coast with a beautifull castle that you can visit with a great view in the sea. After platamonas you can visit Palaios Panteleimonas . Is old village with houses made by stone only 10-15 minutes from Platamonas. This village is very beautifull with view to the sea.
Then you can continue in the mount Olympus until the village Karya. The road is in the forest and after Karya you will continue to the city of Kozani. Beautifull trip and make a break in the lake Polyfitou after the village of Servia.
After kozani follow the road to Grevena (is egnatia road –big road but only for few km) and turn to Kalambaka city. There you will see the Meteora. Meteora is a unique place with many monesties on the top of the rocks. I suggest you to stay there the night so you will have the time to make the round up in the rocks with your moto. The round will take only 30 minutes maybe less but try to visit some monasteries.
The view and the place is very bautifull.
From Kalambaka you can go to see the ioannina city is a beautifull city in the lake of Ioannina. In the way to Ioannina make a stop at Metsovo is a beautifull village and is in your road.
You can return to kalampaka and follow the way to Aspropotamos until you find the village Pertouli and Tirna. These are two places in the mountain and the trip there is very beautifull because you will travel in the mountain , I suggest you not to miss the chance. After tirna make a stop just before the village Pili in the big stone bridge to have a coffee hearing the water of the river that is only few metres from your table.
From Pili take the road to Arta . is a road in the mountain and you will pass the village of mesohora.
Then you can continue your trip to Messolonghi and make a stop at Nafpaktos . visit the castle of Nafpaktos that have great view to Patra and the big bridge that you will pass to go there.
Find some photos of the places I suggest and I will try to send you some.
For any question just ask me. I travel by all the roads I suggest you by motorcycle and they are really beautifull.
I tried to suggest the most beautifull ways to travel and see beautifull places.
I hope when you visit my country to have a coffee with you.
thanosg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:53 AM   #20
thanosg
Adventurer

And some photos oof the places

Meteora

Plastiras lake

Polifitou lake

Palaios Panteleimonas

Pertouli Aspropotamos

Old 03-22-2012, 03:23 AM   #21
Delirium OP
Adventurer

Looks awesome! Thanks.. I really liked lakes!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:21 AM   #22
thanosg
Adventurer

Yoy can also have a very beautifull trip if from Trikala( is 15 minutes from Kalambaka) follow this way
Trikala-Domokos-Lamia-Karpenisi-Proussos-Agrinio-Mesologgi-Nafpaktos.
Its one of the best trips i saw. You will see mountain , lakes(one before Agrinio and one in Mesologgi).Dont miss it its on your way. It will take about 5-6 hours to do this trip but you wil never forget it, so plan to travel at the south Greece by this way.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:02 AM   #23
Delirium OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanosg View Post
Yoy can also have a very beautifull trip if from Trikala( is 15 minutes from Kalambaka) follow this way
Trikala-Domokos-Lamia-Karpenisi-Proussos-Agrinio-Mesologgi-Nafpaktos.
Its one of the best trips i saw. You will see mountain , lakes(one before Agrinio and one in Mesologgi).Dont miss it its on your way. It will take about 5-6 hours to do this trip but you wil never forget it, so plan to travel at the south Greece by this way.
Sure! We do plan to follow this route to south: Nafpaktos- Platanos- Domnista - Krikelo - Plastiras lake - Karpenisi
I`ll look through info about -Domokos-Lamia-Proussos-Agrinio-Mesologgi... Thanks a lot!

The only thing I doubt of is ferries between LEFKADA(Vasiliki) – KEFALONIA (Fiskardo), KEFALONIA (Pesada ) – Skinari (Zakynthos) , Zakynthos(Zante)- Peloponnese Killíni, Kastro-Kyllini..

Do you know site where I could check info about this ferries in May? Thanks in advance
Old 03-23-2012, 12:43 AM   #24
Delirium OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grteacher View Post
After you enter Greece from Albania, take the small roads and pass from SYVOTA and then at all cost PARGA !!! Dont miss this place . During May the weather is good , not too hot (for us !!!! ) Expect some short showers...
Not much to see on the part of Pelloponese that you are passing. Prefered to stay inland and just follow the coast line until Nafpactos.
Nice route !!!!!
the part of Pelloponese that we are passing... We just need to get to inland :) And best way to do that is ferry from Zante to Pelloponese. And I really loved pics of Rio–Antirrio_bridge. Would like to cross it ;)
Old 03-23-2012, 02:40 AM   #25
thanosg
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
Sure! We do plan to follow this route to south: Nafpaktos- Platanos- Domnista - Krikelo - Plastiras lake - Karpenisi
I`ll look through info about -Domokos-Lamia-Proussos-Agrinio-Mesologgi... Thanks a lot!

The only thing I doubt of is ferries between LEFKADA(Vasiliki) – KEFALONIA (Fiskardo), KEFALONIA (Pesada ) – Skinari (Zakynthos) , Zakynthos(Zante)- Peloponnese Killíni, Kastro-Kyllini..

Do you know site where I could check info about this ferries in May? Thanks in advance
You can see here http://www.ferries-greece.com/gr/gre.../kefalonia.asp

and here http://www.westferry.gr/
Old 03-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #26
babisadve
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
http://www.ferries-greece.com/greek_.../kefalonia.asp

have a look arroynd...
babisadve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:07 AM   #27
Delirium OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanosg View Post

yes i`ve already been to this sites! thanks

but couldnt find a schedule for May month :/
Old 03-27-2012, 07:24 AM   #28
sotris
sotris like motoris

Oddometer: 128
Hi there!!
first i will write some places to visit in the island Kefalonia.
a very cool beach is 'platia ammos' and the route is: http://g.co/maps/v8daw

also visit Ithaka island and Fiskardo village!
and if you want more adventure trail and you like to visit gorgeus places take a look at the map
Nafpaktos to karpenisi:

Old 03-27-2012, 07:33 AM   #29
sotris
sotris like motoris

Oddometer: 128

:)
Old 03-28-2012, 06:29 AM   #30
Delirium OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotris View Post
Hi there!!
first i will write some places to visit in the island Kefalonia.
a very cool beach is 'platia ammos' and the route is: http://g.co/maps/v8daw

also visit Ithaka island and Fiskardo village!
and if you want more adventure trail and you like to visit gorgeus places take a look at the map
Nafpaktos to karpenisi:
Nice beach! Yes, we Do plan to go to Fiskardo and to Nafpaktos - karpenisi as well! Thanks