ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #61
CrashDBad
Big man, little bike
 
CrashDBad's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Set the controls for the heart of the sun
Oddometer: 2,167
Groupon special for cabo resort race weekend! I'll be in touch!
CrashDBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:05 PM   #62
winterhk
*Disminuya Su Velocidad*
 
winterhk's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Cape Coral, FL
Oddometer: 2,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashDBad View Post
Groupon special for cabo resort race weekend! I'll be in touch!
Add me to the list por favor.
__________________
It's one thing to tempt Fate, and another thing entirely to spill its drink and step on its blue suede shoes.
winterhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #63
azcagiva OP
new orange flavor
 
azcagiva's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Camp Verde, AZ
Oddometer: 1,135
Not to be outdone by our Outa site compadres I will have some news on some sponsors tomorrow as well.


-John
__________________
An Elefant never forgets.

www.Raceforthewounded.com
azcagiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:52 AM   #64
oregoncoast
Racing Like a Noob
 
oregoncoast's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Duh!
Oddometer: 4,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by azcagiva View Post
Not to be outdone by our Outa site compadres I will have some news on some sponsors tomorrow as well.


-John



But of course.....





oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #65
HalfFast
Double Secret Pit Ninja
 
HalfFast's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: NorCal
Oddometer: 250
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregoncoast View Post

But of course.........
Keeping up with Paul and Outta Sight Racing has been a tough act in the limited time we have left before the race. Paul's team is a class act and they have set the bar pretty high. They have a working race bike that has been thoroughly tested and just completed a 100 mile desert race.......

I have to commend John and crew for getting LAMEco Racing as far as they have in a very short time. We only started on the bike and began our effort in earnest 30 or so short days ago. We think it is a pretty cool story that ADVrider has spawned not only one, but two vintage entries into this awesome adventure. We realize we don't yet have a finished bike and are running short on time.

I guess we are earning the title of underdog but we also know that we can do this.
__________________
Allan (Rider)
2nd place Sportsman Moto < 2012 SCORE Baja 1000

2012 2nd place NORRA Mexican 1000
2013 1st place NORRA Mexican 1000
HalfFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #66
HalfFast
Double Secret Pit Ninja
 
HalfFast's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: NorCal
Oddometer: 250
LAMEco Racing Sponsorships

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcagiva View Post
Not to be outdone by our Outta sight compadres I will have some news on some sponsors tomorrow as well.
-John
Not only is John working hard on the race bike and chase rig, but he has been tirelessly working on world class sponsorships for LAMEco Racing's upcoming attempt at the 2012 NORRA Mexican 1000 race. Today John let me know that he has signed on two instantly recognizable names in off-road motorsports to support our race effort.

With no further ado, LAMEco Racing is proud to announce that KC HiLites has agreed to provide lighting support to our race team. From the privateers to the pros, KC has been pioneering high-quality off-road lighting since 1970. As the original manufacturer of off-road auxiliary lighting, KC HiLiTES not only set the standard for the category – they created it.


Any race team taking on the challenge of Baja and a race of this length and magnitude needs a superior lubrication pumping through it's heart. I am pleased to announce LAMEco Racing has partnered with MAXIMA Racing Oils in our quest for the finish line at the NORRA Mexican 1000. Our fire breathing SL350 Honda motor will be cooled and lubricated by one of the best oils in racing today. Maxima Racing Oils has a long history of success. Back in 1980 motorcycle racing castor oil was hard to find and the existing products weren’t up to snuff, then Maxima Racing Oil was born. Since then Maxima Oils have been considered as one of the very best racing oils money can buy.


if you are looking for Maxima products for your race effort send John a note and he will get you a smoking deal.

http://www.kchilites.com/
http://www.maximausa.com/
__________________
Allan (Rider)
2nd place Sportsman Moto < 2012 SCORE Baja 1000

2012 2nd place NORRA Mexican 1000
2013 1st place NORRA Mexican 1000
HalfFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #67
oregoncoast
Racing Like a Noob
 
oregoncoast's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Duh!
Oddometer: 4,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFast View Post
Not only is John working hard on the race bike and chase rig, but he has been tirelessly working on world class sponsorships for LAMEco Racing's upcoming attempt at the 2012 NORRA Mexican 1000 race. Today John let me know that he has signed on two instantly recognizable names in off-road motorsports to support our race effort.

With no further ado, LAMEco Racing is proud to announce that KC HiLites has agreed to provide lighting support to our race team. From the privateers to the pros, KC has been pioneering high-quality off-road lighting since 1970. As the original manufacturer of off-road auxiliary lighting, KC HiLiTES not only set the standard for the category – they created it.

Any race team taking on the challenge of Baja and a race of this length and magnitude needs a superior lubrication pumping through it's heart. I am pleased to announce LAMEco Racing has partnered with MAXIMA Racing Oils in our quest for the finish line at the NORRA Mexican 1000. Our fire breathing SL350 Honda motor will be cooled and lubricated by one of the best oils in racing today. Maxima Racing Oils has a long history of success. Back in 1980 motorcycle racing castor oil was hard to find and the existing products weren’t up to snuff, then Maxima Racing Oil was born. Since then Maxima Oils have been considered as one of the very best racing oils money can buy.

if you are looking for Maxima products for your race effort send John a note and he will get you a smoking deal.

http://www.kchilites.com/
http://www.maximausa.com/
Congratulations!! That is awesome news
oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #68
azcagiva OP
new orange flavor
 
azcagiva's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Camp Verde, AZ
Oddometer: 1,135
Our light will be a little hybrid of old school with a little new school with a little trophy truck flavor thrown in.

I have one other phone call to make tomorrow hopefully it goes well.

-John
__________________
An Elefant never forgets.

www.Raceforthewounded.com
azcagiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:38 AM   #69
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister
 
Ladybug0048's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
Oddometer: 10,375
Congratulations on winning the sponsorships. I'm looking forward to seeing what your bike ends up looking like.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:03 AM   #70
Mr Fast
Slowly striving
 
Mr Fast's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
Oddometer: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregoncoast View Post
We had the great privilege of meeting them both last summer at the AHRMA Classic at the farm in Chehalis. I was running the SL350 in the trials competition and they did think we were crazy! But they still signed the gas tank....



Then Gene went to his truck to show us the some photos of that XL250 that they ran in Baja..



Trick Lights!!

Great guys indeed!!

Now about that Suburban...that is one sweet chase vehicle!!

That's great that they signed your bike. I do believe that they think we're a little weird!!
__________________
Co-Flounder of LAMEco. When & if I get to Heaven, I hope all my dogs are there and the first to greet me.
Mr Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #71
azcagiva OP
new orange flavor
 
azcagiva's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Camp Verde, AZ
Oddometer: 1,135
Bike is getting put back together now. Here are a few shots.



That's my dog Penny in the shot.




That's Owen in this shot. (figured since I mentioned the dog, I better mention Owen).
Slowly coming back together. Waiting on sprockets and chain now.

-John
__________________
An Elefant never forgets.

www.Raceforthewounded.com

azcagiva screwed with this post 04-05-2012 at 04:18 PM
azcagiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #72
oregoncoast
Racing Like a Noob
 
oregoncoast's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Duh!
Oddometer: 4,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by azcagiva View Post
Bike is getting put back together now. Here are a few shots.



That's my dog Penny in the shot.




That's Owen in this shot. (figured since I mentioned the dog, I better mention Owen).
Slowly coming back together. Waiting on sprockets and chain now.

-John

Looks great. Lots of nice travel there. Nice chain guide set up. Oil cooler and high compression engine, Baja 1000 finishers...and you guys are calling yourselves the underdog?? Very nice work.
oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #73
azcagiva OP
new orange flavor
 
azcagiva's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Camp Verde, AZ
Oddometer: 1,135
Thanks for the kind words. Your bike looks great as well.

The pistons looked like they might have been higher compression but after some research turns out they are stock replacements.

The only difference between our engines are the 69 cam which is a little hotter, some port work and the oil cooler. The pistons are a little loose to allow for extra heat. They should be pretty similar otherwise. The suspension should be really close especially since we probably won't have much time to fine tune ours. Higher compression I think would be a bad idea in the heat and not to mention the mexican gas. Mr Fetty commented that every engine they got from Honda blew up. The only ones that survived were the ones they prepped. Stock is best for this type of race I think.

-John

I sure hope I get this damn thing together for the race.
__________________
An Elefant never forgets.

www.Raceforthewounded.com

azcagiva screwed with this post 04-05-2012 at 10:09 PM
azcagiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #74
oregoncoast
Racing Like a Noob
 
oregoncoast's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Duh!
Oddometer: 4,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by azcagiva View Post
Thanks for the kind words. Your bike looks great as well.

The pistons looked like they might have been higher compression but after some research turns out they are stock replacements.

The only difference between our engines are the 69 cam which is a little hotter, some port work and the oil cooler. The pistons are a little loose to allow for extra heat. They should be pretty similar otherwise. The suspension should be really close especially since we probably won't have much time to fine tune ours. Higher compression I think would be a bad idea in the heat and not to mention the mexican gas. Mr Fetty commented that every engine they got from Honda blew up. The only ones that survived were the ones they prepped. Stock is best for this type of race I think.

-John

I sure hope I get this damn thing together for the race.
John, in all seriousness, we want nothing more than for you to get that beautiful bike back together and ready for tech inspection in Mexicali on the 28th! It is a good thing to have some friendly competition; It creates a little drama, energy and some interest in crazy bastards riding 40-year-old bikes down the Baja Peninsula

You are doing a great job on that bike, and I'm flattered by your compliments about our bike and our efforts. Bottom line is, you better get that damn thing ready in time, because we will be disappointed not to continue the story of the "Tale of Two Twins" all the way to San Jose Del Cabo!!

Now.....get back to work so I can see how freaking cool that bike is going to look...and I'll try hard to keep the snarky comments to myself




-Paul
oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #75
LC Garage
On Any Sunday
 
LC Garage's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Columbia County
Oddometer: 677
"The only difference between our engines are the 69 cam which is a little hotter, some port work and the oil cooler. The pistons are a little loose to allow for extra heat. They should be pretty similar otherwise. The suspension should be really close especially since we probably won't have much time to fine tune ours. Higher compression I think would be a bad idea in the heat and not to mention the mexican gas. Mr Fetty commented that every engine they got from Honda blew up. The only ones that survived were the ones they prepped. Stock is best for this type of race I think."

What carb's are you planning to run?
__________________
"Nothing can stop us but fear and common sense”
LC Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014