ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2012, 02:42 AM   #181
blaster11
Ecuador here we come

Oddometer: 6,673
Your just jealous....
Old 03-27-2012, 05:08 AM   #182
MotoMujer
Adventurette

Oddometer: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloochdog View Post
I am thinking about starting an easternmost part of the upper most western edge of southern maryland adventuring discussion portal and sink for generalized blabbery. I feel I have a right to do this for I am considering renting a POBox in early 2016.
Me spit my coffee into laptop screen.
MotoMujer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:37 AM   #183
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster11 View Post
Your just jealous....
You know I love you.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:26 AM   #184
REAPER_ONE
YOU'RE DONE

Oddometer: 3,050
Quote:
You know I love you.
I could always start a 301 Bridge Thread with Photo

REAPER_ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #185
blaster11
Ecuador here we come

Quote:
You know I love you.
Cool when are we going riding and partaking in Sushi?
Old 03-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #186
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSA_PILOT View Post
I could always start a 301 Bridge Thread with Photo

How about a thread thread that talks about threads and thread related threads..

I am out before y'all kill me.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:14 AM   #187
blaster11
Ecuador here we come

Quote:
How about a thread thread that talks about threads and thread related threads..

I am out before y'all kill me.
I think one of those already exists and they talk about this thread.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:35 AM   #188
MotoMujer
Adventurette

@ GSA_PILOT or Blooch... I think you both mentioned that a waterproof GPS can be found for <$200 these days. Do you happen to remember where? My search came up with more like $300 +/-.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #189
gastone
R.I.P. sweet Angus

Oddometer: 2,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendaP View Post
@ GSA_PILOT or Blooch... I think you both mentioned that a waterproof GPS can be found for <$200 these days. Do you happen to remember where? My search came up with more like $300 +/-.
nuvi 5x0 series can be had for close to 200 if you look around.

garmin 60 series can be found for close to 200

the delorme pn60 is another

You can usually find good deals on used GPS down in the flea market.

I've got a busted, old gps with 2009 maps and it works fine. What functionality are you looking for?

Edit: There's always this forum: http://advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75
VAC
You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty...
gastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #190
MotoMujer
Adventurette

Quote:
Originally Posted by gastone View Post
nuvi 5x0 series can be had for close to 200 if you look around.

garmin 60 series can be found for close to 200

the delorme pn60 is another

You can usually find good deals on used GPS down in the flea market.

I've got a busted, old gps with 2009 maps and it works fine. What functionality are you looking for?

Edit: There's always this forum: http://advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75
Sweet, thanks!
Old 03-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #191
RFlagg42
One hoopy frood....

Oddometer: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendaP View Post
Blaster has already mentioned this one, but for the money, the Nuvi 550 is a great GPS for a motorcycle. I've seen it around $240 at a few places. When comparing prices, keep in mind that the nuvi 550 comes pre-loaded with routable north america maps. Some cheaper GPSs may not, and you may end up later paying close to a $90 for Garmin's City Navigator North America.

Eric

2015 LD Rally Season: Iron Butt Rally (29 Jun - 10 Jul)

"As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly." - Proverbs 26:11
RFlagg42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:15 AM   #192
EOD3MC OP
What will break next

Oddometer: 4,640
Does anyone here have the Nuvi 550?
Since my Delorme crapped out and apparently isn't covered by warranty...I might need a new GPS
Old 03-27-2012, 09:20 AM   #193
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 11,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by eod3mc View Post
does anyone here have the nuvi 550?
Since my delorme crapped out and apparently isn't covered by warranty...i might need a new gps
wtf?
Originally Posted by LadyDraco View Post
Dang ..That thing is huge!!! Jax
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:17 AM   #194
REAPER_ONE
YOU'RE DONE

Got this from bob's

Bruce can you add these to our calendar? I want to do the April 14th tech session.

Monthly Tech Sessions
11:00-Noon

Ride in and join your fellow riders explore exciting topics with Bob’s BMW certified master techs. See how things work, get explanations and answers to all your questions pertaining to specific topics, try some hands on tutorials, and more!

Get here an hour early and your bike may be chosen to be the demonstrator and be put on the lift! Sessions are FREE and specific session topics are COMING SOON!

Pencil the following Saturdays in your calendar, 11-noon at Bob’s BMW Service Department:
• April 14
• May 5
• June 2
• July 7
• August 11
• September 15

Single Cam vs. Double Cam Valve Adjustment
Tech Session
Saturday, April 14 at Bob’s BMW
11-Noon

This session showcases the value of valve adjustments and the different configuration between single and dual cams on Oilhead and Hexhead R Bikes. Arrive early and your bike may be the chosen demonstrator bike for the session plus enjoy fresh coffee and free donuts!

There is no cost to join us and no need to RSVP. Guests should meet in Bob’s Service Department no later than 11am.

2012 Open House and Rider-Wear Expo
Saturday, April 28 at Bob’s BMW
9:00am-4:00pm

2012 is Bob’s 30th Year Anniversary so you better believe we will REALLY be kicking off the season this year! The annual open house provides a place for you and your friends—riders of ALL brands — to ride and enjoy great food and beverages, a chance to shop the newest 2012 inventory, speak to product reps one-on-one to get the inside scoop on all 2012 products, visit booths and tents to get industry information from club news to insurance options, and more!

As details are confirmed, they will be announced…continue checking back to find out MORE!

Bob’s Vintage and Classic Day
Saturday, May 19

A day dedicated to singles! The 2012 British and European Classic Motorcycle Day in Clarksburg, MD is featuring single cylinder motorcycles so Bob’s will dedicate its annual Vintage and Classic Day to singles as well! Enjoy food, friends, fun, and check out some unique Vintage single cylinder BMW’s at Bob’s…see a 1932 R2 Series 2, 1953 R25/2, and a 1962 R/27 up close and personal. GS riders this is a day you will want to join us to learn the history of your single cylinder motorcycles!

Group Ride to British and European Classic
Motorcycle Day
Sunday, May 20
Time to be announced.

Join Bob’s Master Certified Technician and vintage/classic enthusiast, Dave Grunberger on a spirited ride to the 2012 British and European Classic Motorcycle Day in Clarksburg, MD. Meet early at the Double T Diner in Catonsville for a quick bite to eat and then depart to High Point Farm and join hundreds of other motorcyclists at one of the largest swap meets of its kind. Enjoy an amazing show of bikes, lots of vendors to shop and food and entertainment all day. Wear your Bob’s RoadCrew hats and t-shirts proudly to represent your dealer of choice! Visit http://classicmotorcycleday.org/ for more details.

Track Day
Monday, June 4 at Summit Point Race Track
7:00am-5:00pm

Bob’s will host a day at the track with Motorcycle Xcitement for all the speed junkies out there! We want ALL brands to join us—it gives the S1000RR more bragging rights! Bob's staff and any friends you bring with you will cheer you on trackside under Bob’s VIP hospitality tent. Lunch, snacks, beverages, on-site techs for your mechanical convenience, and more will be included in this unforgettable day!
Learn from professionals and then put your new skills to the pavement in a safe environment…no soccer mom’s slowing you down in the fast lane! Spread the word, plan ahead, and mark your calendar TODAY.

Registration forms and further details regarding orientation prior to the event COMING SOON!

Sport Bike Day
Saturday, June 16 at Bob’s BMW

Wash and detail your pride and joy, ride to Bob’s, and show off what you’ve got! Enjoy great food while you visit, see the 2012 S1000RR up close and learn about all the new updates and features, get entered to win great prizes, plus more to be announced!
If you think your bike is the baddest, we want you here to show us why…ALL brands!

21st Annual Ride to Work Day
Monday, June 18

Bob’s will be handing out “I Rode” stickers all day in support of Ride to Work Day. Wear you sticker proudly and let everyone around you know you participated in this national holiday! This is a day dedicated to raising Motorcycle Awareness…let’s show our support!

Edelweiss Seminar
Saturday, July 28 at Bob’s BMW
11:00am-1:00pm

Ever consider traveling the world by motorcycle? If so, Edelweiss Bike Travel will be here to provide you with all the information you need to make your dreams come true! Bob’s is bringing the experts in guided motorcycle tours to you so come prepared with all your questions. Having led thousands of tours worldwide over the past 30 years, you can count on getting all of your questions answered at this seminar. Learn the basics of world travel by bike, plus specific benefits of traveling with Edelweiss.

Dinner for Participants of the 30 Year Edelweiss Tour
Saturday, July 28, Location TBD
6:00-10:00pm

All participants of the Edelweiss Kings and Castles Tour (See below event for details) in September 2012 will receive a special invite for a private dinner with Bob and Suzanne. This evening will allow the group the opportunity to get to know one another and prepare for what is sure to be, a trip of a lifetime! Will your name be on that exclusive list?!

Bob’s 30th Year Anniversary Adventure with Edelweiss!
Kings and Castles Tour
September 1, 2012 – September 16, 2012 – Special Date

Join Bob, Suzanne, and 28 other adventurers on a 15 day tour through Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Poland, Slovakia, and Hungary! If you are one of the lucky 30 to reserve a spot on this amazing tour, you can also look forward to a private dinner prior to departure to get to know one another and prepare for the tour. Participants will also be treated to several other benefits and good surprises. Three picnics and extra guides on bikes are already included!

This adventure is a total of 9 riding days, traveling approximately 1,200-2,000 total miles. Enjoy 4 rest days in Prague, Dresden, Krakow, and Budapest, in which you can choose to to ride, relax, or explore—exactly what you want to do! The tour begins and ends in Vienna which is a city worth a couple extra day’s stay to explore! We anticipate this tour being very popular like others we have hosted in the past…spaces will fill quickly.

Please contact bob.henig@bobsbmw.com immediately if you are interested in helping us celebrate our 30th Year Anniversary. Read more about the Kings and Castles Tour. As soon as your mind is made up, send your completed Registration Form and deposit to Bob via mail or fax: 301-776-2338. You may also send it directly to Edelweiss but be sure you list the tour as Bob’s Kings and Castle Tour with the correct September 1-16 dates.

Oktoberfest
Saturday, September 29 at Bob’s BMW

Celebrate Oktoberfest at Bob’s BMW. This annual, family-fun event is a great way to spend the day. Ride to Bob’s early for fresh coffee and donuts and stay for an authentic German lunch! Kick tires with fellow enthusiasts and shop great specials.

Details of the day are in the works. Check back closer to the date to get a detailed schedule of what to expect.

Bob’s 30th Year Anniversary Celebration
Saturday, November 3 at Bob’s BMW
6:00-10:00pm

Tickets will be available months in advance for this monumental event. You will want to get tickets as soon as they are available …this is going to be a night to remember so we anticipate tickets will go FAST! Stay tuned for specifics to be confirmed, but for now, expect a private, catered evening among fellow friends with lots of surprises, amazing giveaways, first heard announcements from Bob, plus an official tribute to Bob’s BMW!

Holiday Cheer
Saturday December 15 at Bob’s BMW

Just like every year in the past, a day has been reserved to officially thank all of Bob’s devoted customers! Stop by for fresh pastries and coffee in the morning, our infamous soup (to be announced), snacks, beverages, one-day only specials, and more!
We will be here all day waiting to serve you a bowl of soup with a side of Bob’s Ultimate Motorcycling Experience!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #195
REAPER_ONE
YOU'RE DONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOD3MC View Post
Does anyone here have the Nuvi 550?
Since my Delorme crapped out and apparently isn't covered by warranty...I might need a new GPS
I have two. Love um and always keep them out in the elements (with touratech case) here are some places