Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 09:57 AM   #421
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger4u2 View Post
In other words your serving up a spam sandwich.
Just trying to give fellows inmates a chance at a great bike. I definitely do not consider a low hour plated 12 450 XC-W to be spam...more like prime rib

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:27 AM   #422
Danger4u2
KX & CR 500 Rider

Oddometer: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Wheeler View Post
Just trying to give fellows inmates a chance at a great bike. I definitely do not consider a low hour plated 12 450 XC-W to be spam...more like prime rib
You must not know of the spam I'm talking about.
Spam is inappropriate/unwanted advertisement. There is a place to sell your bike, this isn't it. There's a saying on the net,
spammers suck.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #423
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger4u2 View Post
You must not know of the spam I'm talking about.
Spam is inappropriate/unwanted advertisement. There is a place to sell your bike, this isn't it. There's a saying on the net,
spammers suck.
Well thanks for educating me.

Again...no melicious intent, and thanks for the help with the sale.

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #424
coloktmGS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
Can anyone tell me why a tank from your 500 XCW's won't fit my 'berg FE 501? I've been told by a gas tank guru that the Acerbis 5.3gal tank won't fit the berg...any ideas? I posted photos of the berg, here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=873240
coloktmGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:34 PM   #425
GAS GUY
MILE EATER

Oddometer: 2,897
I have my friends 2013 500 xcw in my garage while I put springs on it for his weight and I noticed a couple small areas that could be potential future problems so I thought I would post them so you guys can check your bikes.
This is the first one.

I don't know if it came from the factory like this or if the dealer did this when installing the brake light switch for the street legal kit, but the rear brake line is right up against the engine and a sharp piece of casting flash.
And when the swingarm is moving up and down it could eventually saw through the line.
The line seems a bit too long for the application which adds to the problem.
I put a piece of fuel line over the area and a sticky foam pad on the engine.

I considered loosening the banjo bolt and rotating the line but it is already a somewhat tight bend on the line and did not want to increase the bend.
http://gasguysadventures.blogspot.com/

GAS GUY screwed with this post 03-31-2013 at 01:45 PM
GAS GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:40 PM   #426
GAS GUY
MILE EATER

This is the other area.

Where this harness runs loosely up along the tensioner you can see it pushing against and potentially rubbing through the harness, and the plastic clip is below the tensioner.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:42 PM   #427
GAS GUY
MILE EATER

Here you can see I slid the hard plastic clip up so it is between the harness and tensioner and then used a small zip tie to secure it.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:39 PM   #428
SteveO
Huh???

Oddometer: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post

aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhHHHHHHHH

I'm so jealous!

I'm sitting here on the couch, barely able to see through swollen eyes, and barely able to breath through a swollen nose. Allergies S-U-C-K!!!!

Life is a mist in the wind, here today and gone tomorrow; know who you are and where you are going after you pass through death's door.
SteveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #429
Turbo
used to be XC700116

Oddometer: 4,680
Picked up my new 13 500 XC-W on Saturday

But I have a couple questions

1. Does anyone know the "split" on the stator output if there is one? (it's 200W total but how much is dedicated to DC vs AC)

2. Can the stator have a floated ground mod done like previous generations? (assuming it's not all DC already)

3. Has anyone managed to get their hands on a service manual yet? or at least the electrical prints?

I fully intend on buying the manual on CD/DVD as soon as I can but cannot find any info on it's availability.

My plans are to put a Trail tech X2 HID (70Watts DC) on it as well as a power tap for my GPS and I don't want to screw around and chase problems later

ie: do it right the first time.

That doesn't however mean that I'm all that wild about just dropping the cash for a trail tech stator if it can be modded like the old ones or if it's not needed.

I managed to do all this myself on my RFS bike previous to this one, re-wrapped the stator myself, did all the wiring, etc. I have a LOT of electrical experience but I'd like to get some info or preferably the prints for it before I dive in so I can plan out everything before hand.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:47 AM   #430
The Wolf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 253
Has anybody had an issue with flame out? My 13' seems to flame out regularly.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #431
theantipaul
Reforming Neandertal

Oddometer: 1,073
Hey Turbo,

It's a full DC system and uses only about 60watts for FI, ECU etc, so there's more then enough for 70watts of lights and 1w GPS. There are schematics in the repair manual, but they're not very good and I'm not even sure they're complete. We can try and help if you have a specific question, but I ran into the same thing when I first got my bike, no overall schematic like the 530/525's in the manual.

Thing is with this bike already pumping out 200watts DC you can wire in anything you'd like right from the battery.

There are a few things that are different, one is the Reg/Rect has a circuit that powers up the FI, ECU and lights and accessories through two different relays that stay on for a bit after the motor is killed, nice that it kills power to those without manually switching them off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
Picked up my new 13 500 XC-W on Saturday

But I have a couple questions

1. Does anyone know the "split" on the stator output if there is one? (it's 200W total but how much is dedicated to DC vs AC)

2. Can the stator have a floated ground mod done like previous generations? (assuming it's not all DC already)

3. Has anyone managed to get their hands on a service manual yet? or at least the electrical prints?

I fully intend on buying the manual on CD/DVD as soon as I can but cannot find any info on it's availability.

My plans are to put a Trail tech X2 HID (70Watts DC) on it as well as a power tap for my GPS and I don't want to screw around and chase problems later

ie: do it right the first time.

That doesn't however mean that I'm all that wild about just dropping the cash for a trail tech stator if it can be modded like the old ones or if it's not needed.

I managed to do all this myself on my RFS bike previous to this one, re-wrapped the stator myself, did all the wiring, etc. I have a LOT of electrical experience but I'd like to get some info or preferably the prints for it before I dive in so I can plan out everything before hand.

Man lived, Man suffered, Man died

theantipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #432
Turbo
used to be XC700116

Oddometer: 4,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by theantipaul View Post
Hey Turbo,

It's a full DC system and uses only about 60watts for FI, ECU etc, so there's more then enough for 70watts of lights and 1w GPS. There are schematics in the repair manual, but they're not very good and I'm not even sure they're complete. We can try and help if you have a specific question, but I ran into the same thing when I first got my bike, no overall schematic like the 530/525's in the manual.

Thing is with this bike already pumping out 200watts DC you can wire in anything you'd like right from the battery.

There are a few things that are different, one is the Reg/Rect has a circuit that powers up the FI, ECU and lights and accessories through two different relays that stay on for a bit after the motor is killed, nice that it kills power to those without manually switching them off.

Awesome!!, Thanks for the info, that is great news, I really didn't want to do a stator rewind again, I think it took about 2 weeks for all the little cuts to heal up last time.

Just knowing that alone should help me parse out what I need, Hopefully KTM will hop to and get a complete schematic in the manual and release it soon. I always like to have it just for reference in case I'm looking at doing something else at some point.

I'll probably end up hooking it all up on the switched side of the relay I'll have to look at the power rating on them to make sure they can handle it and add a relay if necessary.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #433
GS eh!
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
Flame Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Has anybody had an issue with flame out? My 13' seems to flame out regularly.

Is it an XC-W or EXC. The EXC'S are prone to flame outs, mine included, but the XC-W's seem to be fine.
GS eh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #434
The Wolf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS eh! View Post
Is it an XC-W or EXC. The EXC'S are prone to flame outs, mine included, but the XC-W's seem to be fine.
its an xcw. usually happens when the clutch is pulled in or in neutral
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #435
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer: 17,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
its an xcw. usually happens when the clutch is pulled in or in neutral
Have you tried the JD tuner?

http://www.jdjetting.com/xcart/produ...&cat=23&page=1

I haven't ridden mine (EXC) too much with this on, (about 15 hours over 6 months) but so far I like what I'm seeing. I think I see a difference- but I just haven't ridden it enough to say so with confidence.

Flame out was a problem. It is better.
unaweep is offline   Reply With Quote