Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2013, 06:33 AM   #256
Worroll
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 761
They are going to say they won't bring it to the USA until they announce they will bring it. I'm betting it's on the table but they haven't made the decision yet.
Worroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:42 AM   #257
3sum
local Triumph fanboy

Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperj View Post
I had a 07 tiger ....man I miss that motor!
Me too. I loved that motor so much, I traded it for a Speed Triple and now have a Sprint.

I'd like to say I'd dump the Sprint in a heartbeat if they brought over the Sport. But at the conversion from what it sells for overseas (9995 BP if I remember right), it would be $15k. Obviously they wouldn't sell it for the same as the Explorer, but whatever the price is would be without sidecases, which that bike should come standard with.
IBA #8759
3sum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:15 AM   #258
Strada
Tally Ho!

Oddometer: 413
Having done 2000 miles now in 2 months on my new TS I've come to the conclusion that it's the best bike I've ever owned and the second best I've ridden (Petronas FP1 still tops the list). I can use it for every situation near or far, in all weathers and complements whatever mood I'm in.
I've also come to the conclusion that I prefer bikes that have minimal electronic 'toys' and I like to make all the decisions myself whilst I'm riding. I don't need different fuel maps, active suspension, nor traction control.
I just need a bike that is well set-up, comfortable, has reasonable power and good torque spread, likes to rev and sounds fantastic with stonking brakes and decent range.
Although the Tiger is getting on a bit now, I think Triumph have pulled a master-stroke with the Sport, making it better in all the right areas, is cracking value for money and has bucked the currently trend of 'more must be more'.
Top tip - the Arrow exhaust is an absolute must-have.

www.palmerproducts.co.uk
Strada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:37 AM   #259
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,534
Good stuff. Any issues? How's the stock screen working out?
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:05 AM   #260
Strada
Tally Ho!

Oddometer: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulvt1 View Post
Good stuff. Any issues? How's the stock screen working out?
I'm using a larger touring screen.
No issues whatsoever!

www.palmerproducts.co.uk
Strada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:17 AM   #261
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Oddometer: 9,687
A bike I'd like to own (I loved my very modified Tiger 1050).

Pics would be nice
Old 12-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #262
basstodave
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strada View Post
Having done 2000 miles now in 2 months on my new TS I've come to the conclusion that it's the best bike I've ever owned and the second best I've ridden (Petronas FP1 still tops the list). I can use it for every situation near or far, in all weathers and complements whatever mood I'm in.
I've also come to the conclusion that I prefer bikes that have minimal electronic 'toys' and I like to make all the decisions myself whilst I'm riding. I don't need different fuel maps, active suspension, nor traction control.
I just need a bike that is well set-up, comfortable, has reasonable power and good torque spread, likes to rev and sounds fantastic with stonking brakes and decent range.
Although the Tiger is getting on a bit now, I think Triumph have pulled a master-stroke with the Sport, making it better in all the right areas, is cracking value for money and has bucked the currently trend of 'more must be more'.
Top tip - the Arrow exhaust is an absolute must-have.
I agree with your sentiment about hi-tech. I also lament that we won't see any superb all-rounders here in the exceptional USA. At least one that a 5'6" studly 61 year old could ride and afford.

frustrated American Versys rider.

basstodave screwed with this post 12-04-2013 at 02:12 PM
basstodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #263
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative

Oddometer: 1,245
I would like for them to bring it here, and soon, before I buy something else hard to sell. LOL

I thought my 07 Tiger 1050 was the last bike I was going to get, then sold it to get the Multi12. Arrrrr.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:26 AM   #264
LostViking
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 996
I think the Tiger Sport would do really well here. For me at least it is everything I need in a bike.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #265
basstodave
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostviking View Post
i think the tiger sport would do really well here. For me at least it is everything i need in a bike.
+1
Old 03-01-2014, 03:33 PM   #266
Fredicchino
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Got the Tiger Sport, brand new last year, red one, coming from a 2011 blue Sprint GT which I rode for 7.000 miles.

After more than 3.100 miles, my review so far :
- amazing and easy handling, even better than the Sprint GT which I found a little bit front heavy to swing from side to side in quick and fast corners. I usually ride with a sporty and agressive style with a stiff suspension setting and the beast never ceases to amaze me.
- very comfortable, I can ride all day without any pains or discomfort, this was the main reason for the switch (the GT was killing my wrists after a few hours).
- the engine... Aaah this engine... I just love it, and the sound is amazing after 5.000rpm even with the stock exhaust !
- 2-up : I ride with the missus 50% of the time. It's the first bike she ever sat on, and she thinks that it's very comfortable, without any discomfort. Only minor problem for me is the pilot peg to passenger peg distance which is a bit too short.

I use the bike almost every weekend either for short and spirited runs or long distance trips with a mix of highways and B-roads : the bike is perfect all-around.

In short : I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything else !

Do not hesitate to ask me if you guys have questions about this amazing beast.

Cheers,
Fredicchino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:55 PM   #267
Colorado_Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,164
Dear Triumph:

You suck.

Bring the TS to the states or you will continue to suck
Colorado_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:01 PM   #268
basstodave
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredicchino View Post
Got the Tiger Sport, brand new last year, red one, coming from a 2011 blue Sprint GT which I rode for 7.000 miles.

After more than 3.100 miles, my review so far :
- amazing and easy handling, even better than the Sprint GT which I found a little bit front heavy to swing from side to side in quick and fast corners. I usually ride with a sporty and agressive style with a stiff suspension setting and the beast never ceases to amaze me.
- very comfortable, I can ride all day without any pains or discomfort, this was the main reason for the switch (the GT was killing my wrists after a few hours).
- the engine... Aaah this engine... I just love it, and the sound is amazing after 5.000rpm even with the stock exhaust !
- 2-up : I ride with the missus 50% of the time. It's the first bike she ever sat on, and she thinks that it's very comfortable, without any discomfort. Only minor problem for me is the pilot peg to passenger peg distance which is a bit too short.

I use the bike almost every weekend either for short and spirited runs or long distance trips with a mix of highways and B-roads : the bike is perfect all-around.

In short : I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything else !

Do not hesitate to ask me if you guys have questions about this amazing beast.

Cheers,

Please stop posting these reviews. WTF is wrong that we can't, won't, aren't worthy to have this bike in the USA.
I agree with ColoradoRider. You suck Triumph!!!
Old 03-01-2014, 05:46 PM   #269
TxRoadDog
SHOVELS AND EVOS

Oddometer: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by basstodave View Post
Please stop posting these reviews. WTF is wrong that we can't, won't, aren't worthy to have this bike in the USA.
I agree with ColoradoRider. You suck Triumph!!!
Because historically, what americans say they want, and what they actually will buy, are two different things. Kawi W650 for example... with the bad sales of that motorcycle, why WOULD MaKaw bring the W800 here?
Old 03-01-2014, 07:23 PM   #270
Colorado_Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,164
That and the US must make it a serious pain in the ass for them to get a bike sold here.
Colorado_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote