Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #31
bigskyguy OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashmaster View Post
The 40hp jet outboard opens up a lot of good, relatively uncrowded fishing to you. But if youre going to give up the bikes, be prepared to buy a 160 hp mountain sled. Epic snow machining up here this past winter. Turnagain Pass was off the charts, all winter long.

Thanks for the tip crashmaster. I've heard a lot about how great the snow mo action was this season. I was thinking an Alumaweld with a 40 horse myself. The mtn. sled is a given. I'll be working for Alyeska ski area, so hopefully I can get a pretty good deal on a sled through the company. Lately it's been nothing but asking ourselves (me and the wife) what we can live without and what we are willing to pay to move. Every pound counts and a thousand pounds of motorbike and the room they take up is just not in the cards. Motor bikes have come in and out of my life since I was a kid so I'm not too worried about a "phase" so to speak. A fist full of throttle be it boat, snowmachine, or 1976 Honda CB 360 tracker (soon to be finished) will always keep me happy. Not to mention a 180mm travel mountain bike or 12 lb rainbow on rod. There will be plenty of other "activities" to keep the mojo goin' while I'm street-bike-less. I'm looking forward to the new digs and will be of course willing to pitch in for gas if you or anyone else has got an empty seat on a boat. I love bow and rifle hunting for elk too, so any tips on moose, goat, sheep, or those tiny little deer ya'll got up there would be greatly appreciated. I not scared to help pack out in trade for knowledge, and some loins of course
Old 05-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #32
AK_Troyer
Not AKTroy

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeldog View Post
There's "real jobs" in Girdwood in the summer????
There's a few here, the rest of us commute to Los Anchorage.

Welcome to Girdwood Bigsky, are you working for Garrett at the resort?
Old 05-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #33
bigskyguy OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Troyer View Post
There's a few here, the rest of us commute to Los Anchorage.

Welcome to Girdwood Bigsky, are you working for Garrett at the resort?
Thanks for the welcome Troyer. I will be working as the Mtn. Operations Mngr. at the resort so sort of the other way around. Really looking forward to the opportunity. See ya up there!
Old 05-27-2012, 12:49 AM   #34
AKDuc
Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer: 6,524
Cool. Congrats. When you comin up? Don't have my Yeti ASX anymore but may have to give the Alyeska's downhill course a try sometime.

Have you met the Dir of Ski Patrol and Girdwood resident Ben Habecker? He and his wife Stacie are good buds of mine and both big into motorbikes.

When you were fishing SE AK ever meet anyone from Metlakatla? They were prolly a relative of mine.

See you soon, Mark H.
AKDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #35
AK_Troyer
Not AKTroy

Oddometer: 143
Congrats on Mt. Ops Manager...one of the real jobs in G'wood!! Going to be a busy summer up there with a new Chair 4 going in.

Tomorrow's the last day of skiing...86" at mid-way, 156" at the top, 962" since Oct. 1