Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 09:38 PM   #361
mcguyver
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,231
Sbs telecast

For those in Australia

The annual Dakar Rally is on again in January and SBS will broadcast daily highlights following the cars, trucks, motorbikes and quads as they race through over 8,000 kilometres of merciless terrain from Peru to Chile.

Australia will again have a strong contingent in the Dakar Rally. In the bike category, nine Australians will take to the starting line including Simon Pavey, who will be competing in his ninth Dakar and Rod Faggotter. In the car category, Dakar veteran Bruce Garland will be competing as well as Geoff Olholm and Adrian Di Lallo. Paul Smith will feature in the quad category and Richard Hayes will compete in the truck category.

The 2013 Dakar Rally will begin in Lima, Peru and travel through Argentina to the finish line in Santiago, Chile. For the first time, the desert stages will make an appearance in the first few days of the rally. Both amateur and professional drivers take part in Dakar Rally, which sees them navigate particularly tough terrain, including dunes, mud, camel grass rocks and ergs. The mix of physical toughness, technical performance and spectacular backdrop makes the Dakar Rally one of the highlights of the motor sport calendar.

SBS will also provide coverage online through its SBS On Demand player at www.sbs.com.au/dakar, featuring catch-up highlights of every stage and every class – cars, bikes and trucks, and the SBS On Demand app for iPhone and iPad to keep track of the race on the go.

6 January to 21 January at 5:30pm on SBS ONE.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:03 AM   #362
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSNorCal View Post

I packed my bags tonight--tools, tent, bedroll, and clothes for 24 days, all in 2 pieces of luggage weighing less than 50 pounds each for my direct flight to Lima. I have about 15 pounds to spare, but I haven't packed socks and underwear yet

Dave
Just wear 4 pairs of jockstraps on the plane and you will be fine.

Please can you pm me your contact details/coordinates so I can ping you when you get in.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:13 AM   #363
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer: 22,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myway View Post
http://www.emol.com/noticias/deporte...-el-dakar.html

Josefina Gardulsky was even highlighted by the President Piñera on Wednesday at the launch of the test, but she does not have the resources to participate.

Just one bike lady?????
Not one but two, Gardulsky and Laia Sanz on the Gas Gas. Still way down from, what was it 2011 when there were 7 or so?

RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
Old 12-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #364
TomN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,499
Sorry if this has already been discussed but does anyone have any info on US TV coverage of the race? I cannot find anything.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:58 AM   #365
Myway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyle View Post
Not one but two, Gardulsky and Laia Sanz on the Gas Gas. Still way down from, what was it 2011 when there were 7 or so?
So still not sure, waiting for money.

http://www.larepublica.pe/16-12-2012...la-competencia

http://deporte.biobiochile.cl/notas/...-peligro.shtml
Old 12-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #366
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomN View Post
Sorry if this has already been discussed but does anyone have any info on US TV coverage of the race? I cannot find anything.

NBC sports will have it !!!
Old 12-17-2012, 03:20 PM   #367
TomN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Dad View Post
NBC sports will have it !!!
Wow really! That's great.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #368
charapa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 393
Perú buscará organizar un mundial de rally Cross Country

Lima, dic. 17 (ANDINA). El piloto peruano Raúl Orlandini, quien debutará en el rally Dakar en la edición 2013, sostuvo hoy que, con la atracción de la prensa internacional en Perú durante el recorrido de la prueba, se espera recibir el apoyo para organizar un Campeonato Mundial de Cross Country en el país.

“Con el Dakar se ve mucho el tema de medios, que nos apoyen para hacer un mundial de rally cross country, se corren el mismo tipo carreras del Dakar. Es el trampolín para poder llegar al próximo año, conseguir los auspicios, de repente podemos tener un campeonato del mundo en el Perú”, señaló Orlandini en diálogo con RPP.

Peru will seek to organize a World Rally Cross Country

Lima, Dec. 17 (ANDINA). The Peruvian pilot Raul Orlandini, who will debut in the Dakar rally in 2013 edition, said today that, with the attraction of the international press in Peru during the course of the test, it is expected to receive support in organizing a World Cross Country Championships in the country.

"With the Dakar is the subject of much media support us to make a cross country rally world, will face the same kind of Dakar races. It is the springboard to get to next year, getting the auspices of a sudden we have a world championship in Peru, " he said in a conversation with RPP.

"Those friends thou hast... and their adoption tried... grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel. But do not dull thy palm with entertainment of each new-hatch'd, unfledg'd comrade...." Polonius in Hamlet
Old 12-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #369
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
6 January to 21 January at 5:30pm on SBS ONE.
I'm in eastern Canada, so that's GMT -5. Where would this time you posted be?
Old 12-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #370
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Thats great news Charapa, and very overdue!
Old 12-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #371
catweasel67
Still a B.A.N

Oddometer: 7,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007 View Post
Just wear 4 pairs of jockstraps on the plane and you will be fine.

Please can you pm me your contact details/coordinates so I can ping you when you get in.

4 pairs? He's going away for a month?
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -- Robert E. Howard
Old 12-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #372
charapa
Gnarly Adventurer

Bluebull, I'll ring you mid-morning on the 26th. We are 13 (10 motos and 3 in support truck). I'm the proud new owner of 6 of the motos!

How far down the coast are you chasing?

W'ell be in Cerro Azul 5th and 6th for the night. Join us for some great seafood! (read: !)

"Those friends thou hast... and their adoption tried... grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel. But do not dull thy palm with entertainment of each new-hatch'd, unfledg'd comrade...." Polonius in Hamlet
Old 12-17-2012, 04:31 PM   #373
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charapa View Post
Bluebull, I'll ring you mid-morning on the 26th. We are 13 (10 motos and 3 in support truck). I'm the proud new owner of 6 of the motos!

How far down the coast are you chasing?

W'ell be in Cerro Azul 5th and 6th for the night. Join us for some great seafood! (read: !)
Cool Charapa. Just told GSNorCal I plan to chase at least as far as Tacna, but I hope to go to Calama and then onto Bolivia after that before returing along the Andes all the way home.

Cerro Azul is "millas" from Pisco! Looking forward to hearing from you.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #374
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Oddometer: 9,308
Who's riding down to watch the race?

Now that would be an ADV ride.

Cool F5 Tshirts HD. I may have to order.

D.T. screwed with this post 12-17-2012 at 05:09 PM
Old 12-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #375
charapa
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007 View Post
Cool Charapa. Just told GSNorCal I plan to chase at least as far as Tacna, but I hope to go to Calama and then onto Bolivia after that before returing along the Andes all the way home.

Cerro Azul is "millas" from Pisco! Looking forward to hearing from you.
Yeah. 60 kms. But we wanted to stay a bit away from all the craziness in Pisco town and stay somewhere between Asia and Pisco. We will ride out from there.

At Nazca we will stay right in town at Pirwa.

Do you really think we have to wait until 2 days before each stage to get the stage rough location?

Closed Thread