Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #61
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Oddometer: 1,143
We're up to 495 miles! I hope some of you can take advantage of this warm weather and ride some dirt roads! In the latest GPX file I posted over in the HO-CAT thread in the GPS East section, I split the tracks up so that none would have over 500 points, in case that was giving anyone trouble. Marsh Tiger and I would love to see your photos from the HO-CAT or other areas on the SC Dirt map. Here are a few from the southern leg of the "Ridge Spring loop":

Old 12-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #62
Marsh Tiger OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 549
WOW! that's lovely. I cant wait till I have some time to ride again. Warm or cold, I'll be hitting these trails very soon!
Marsh Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:06 AM   #63
TDC_ERock
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
same here...

I just picked up a DR650 and once I have it sorted out I plan on hitting some of this ASAP! Thanks for doing this!
TDC_ERock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:00 AM   #64
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC_ERock View Post
I just picked up a DR650 and once I have it sorted out I plan on hitting some of this ASAP! Thanks for doing this!
Have fun! We could use some tracks from "near the beach" to balance out the map.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #65
The Dude Himself
Hooked on Dirt!!

Oddometer: 1,723
Anyone planning an anniversary trip? I'm stuck in Columbia until mid-February with the 950SE and my riding gear. Would love to waste a Sunday morning away.
The Dude Himself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:52 AM   #66
Marsh Tiger OP
Studly Adventurer

Hadn't thought of it. Sounds like a good idea though. Anybody else interested?
Old 02-01-2013, 06:48 AM   #67
The Dude Himself
Hooked on Dirt!!

Oddometer: 1,723
Planning on heading our Sunday morning if anyone is interested.
The Dude Himself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #68
Marsh Tiger OP
Studly Adventurer

Can't this Sunday. Maybe later in the month.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:43 AM   #69
Wlfman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,292
Any one up for some exploring Sat the 9th? Supposed to be mid 60s and sunny

Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it."
"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and JUST BE HAPPY."
Wlfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:59 AM   #70
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wlfman View Post
Any one up for some exploring Sat the 9th? Supposed to be mid 60s and sunny
Where to? Shouldn't have to worry too much about dust.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:37 AM   #71
Wlfman
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura0107 View Post
Where to? Shouldn't have to worry too much about dust.
No clue, figured just roam around. I havent explored much for dirt around here so I'll defer to you. Where's a good meetup spot? I'm close to I-20 exit 51. And a good meet time?

Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it."
"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and JUST BE HAPPY."
Old 02-08-2013, 08:16 AM   #72
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Quote:
No clue, figured just roam around. I havent explored much for dirt around here so I'll defer to you. Where's a good meetup spot? I'm close to I-20 exit 51. And a good meet time?
All of this is negotiable, just throwing it out there!

You could come down #6, take a right on the MEOW, and I'd meet you at the intersection of the MEOW and the North leg of the Ridge Spring Loop at 10:30. We could take that leg of the RSL all the way through Ridge Spring, then Ward, then get off the RSL and go to Edgefield for lunch. Then do a few hours on the Southern bits of the Monkee loop since we'll be close to it at that point. When we get back in the I-20 vicinity, decide to either slab it home, or if you still want more, we could take the Southern leg of the RSL to the MEOW. I would exit the ride at that point in Neeses, since I live not far from there.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #73
Wlfman
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
All of this is negotiable, just throwing it out there!

You could come down #6, take a right on the MEOW, and I'd meet you at the intersection of the MEOW and the North leg of the Ridge Spring Loop at 10:30. We could take that leg of the RSL all the way through Ridge Spring, then Ward, then get off the RSL and go to Edgefield for lunch. Then do a few hours on the Southern bits of the Monkee loop since we'll be close to it at that point. When we get back in the I-20 vicinity, decide to either slab it home, or if you still want more, we could take the Southern leg of the RSL to the MEOW. I would exit the ride at that point in Neeses, since I live not far from there.
Can you send me a waypoint of the meetup? I want to avoid slab as mush as possible, I have NON-DOT knobbies and don't want to wear them out too much. 1030 is fine with me.

EDIT: Are you talking about the intersection of Hwy6 and Jones Wire Rd?

Wlfman screwed with this post 02-08-2013 at 12:55 PM
Old 02-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #74
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Quote:
Can you send me a waypoint of the meetup? I want to avoid slab as mush as possible, I have NON-DOT knobbies and don't want to wear them out too much. 1030 is fine with me.

EDIT: Are you talking about the intersection of Hwy6 and Jones Wire Rd?
That's where you'd turn off #6. Then come down to 33.70228, -81.17515 which is where the North leg of the RSL starts. LOL, the Google van has been through there.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #75
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Quote:
That's where you'd turn off #6. Then come down to 33.70228, -81.17515 which is where the North leg of the RSL starts. LOL, the Google van has been through there.
Once you make the right on Jones Wire, you'll be following the SC Dirt GPX "MEOW-A" track on down to the above coordinates.