Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2012, 09:38 PM   #46
211Chuck
Eat,Sleep,Breath M/C

Oddometer: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerstu View Post
i had to read all your posts in other threads, my conclusion is you are either a poor troll or have Alzheimers and don't remember things quite right. i.e. duluth to L.A. in under 24 hours in the early 70s or before. riding what ? a very special DeLorian?

LOL"LOL" To funny...

I was riding a 160 HP 1973 Z1 900 Kawasaki I built in my shop. I've been a motorcycle mechanic for 40+ years
and a race engine builder for 35 years of the 40+ years. If it makes a difference to you, my Z1 was in AMA
Super Bike trim with a very high strung not AMA legal engine.

BTW: The engine was on my dyno at 160 HP, this was not a rear wheel dyno as there was no rear wheel
motorcycle dyno's back then (at least not that I ever saw)

Ya ride safe now Ya Hear"

It doesn't matter where you go in life, it's who you have beside you.

211Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #47
dbuzz
Citizen of the world

Oddometer: 1,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by 211Chuck View Post
No problem, you ride and believe what you want my friend. One thing I've learned in close to 2 million miles
& 45 years of riding motorcycles is: Social Club (owners) have no idea what motorcyclists will or can do on
a motorcycle.

You ride safe now Ya Hear"
Hiya Chuck
Could you explain what / who these Social Club (owners) are??

oh and what tyres and oil were you using on that Z1
dbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:29 PM   #48
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,497
Smells like piss. Take it somewhere else.
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:43 AM   #49
TrashCan OP
Scary Jerry

Oddometer: 4,073
Quote:
No problem, you ride and believe what you want my friend. One thing I've learned in close to 2 million miles
& 45 years of riding motorcycles is: Social Club (owners) have no idea what motorcyclists will or can do on
a motorcycle.

You ride safe now Ya Hear"

Let's see if I have this right.

2,000,000 miles in 45 years = 44,444. MPY

44,444 MPY= 3703 MPM

3703 MPM = 855 MPW

855 MPW = 122 MPD

This is counting every day for he last 45 years.

If you are not Emilio Scott you may want to contact Guinness.

Guinness record for the world’s longest motorcycle ride. Travelogue: The Longest Ride: My Ten-Year 500,000 Mile Motorcycle Journey[14][15]

TrashCan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:27 AM   #50
Jiro
Watch Out for Squirrel!

Oddometer: 636
NJ is one of few strictest states that do actually enforce "STAY RIGHT" law especially for trailers/truckers/commercial vehicles.

but as for typical left-squatters..... all I can do is give my support to NJ legislator for proposing a hefty increase in fines (from $50 to $200). and maybe that would give cops an incentive to start ticketing them. around here, most of left-lane hogs are out-of-state especially New Yorkers.

despicable bunch...

Jiro screwed with this post 03-21-2012 at 03:33 AM
Jiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:17 AM   #51
khager
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
NJ is one of few strictest states that do actually enforce "STAY RIGHT" law especially for trailers/truckers/commercial vehicles.

but as for typical left-squatters..... all I can do is give my support to NJ legislator for proposing a hefty increase in fines (from $50 to $200). and maybe that would give cops an incentive to start ticketing them. around here, most of left-lane hogs are out-of-state especially New Yorkers.

despicable bunch...

That's great, Think he got the message?
khager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:21 AM   #52
xKLR_John
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 863
It's all in your head. Seriously. Yes, these folks are annoying but you can't really control them, only your reaction. I spent YEARS raging against folks on the road who were "slowing me down" but finally something clicked in my brain. Now I take a couple of deep breaths and either a) pass, b) take a different route, or c) just slow down and do a little more sight seeing or maybe stand on the pegs and stretch at the slower pace. It's a public road, not a track.

A 45 mph road has a legal speed limit of 45. That's the MAXIMUM legal speed. Yes, you, me and 99% of the road users may like to cruise along at 60 but that doesn't make what the guy and his wife are doing wrong. 35-40 mph is a legal speed to travel in a 45 mph zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricochetrider View Post
Sitting in the left lane, OR IN ANY lane- and being totally oblivious to your surroundings is just plain ignorant, equates to a complete lack of courtesy, and in no way can realistically be called "safe".

I got stuck behind a "rolling roadblock" this weekend- a guy and his wife on their HDs, traveling at 35-40 MPH, 150 feet apart from one another on a 2 lane road that most folks do 60 on- the speed limit is 45. With 3 or 4 cars or trucks and us, on a bike, stacked up behind them, they puttered on down the road, completely unaware of who or what was behind them.

WTF are mirrors for?
Do these FFs even LOOK in their mirrors?
Not as far as I know, they don't.

If you're one of these assholes that camp out in the left lane because you think it's your "right" to do so, then don't fuckin cry when I run your slow, stupid ass over. Fuck you, and your mom, AND the horse that dragged you both from your own little world into the real world.

Lead.
Follow.
Or get the hell out of the way.
xKLR_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:37 AM   #53
frontiercat
all out of charm

Oddometer: 917
I rarely see any biker loitering the the hammer lane....now stupid-ass cell phone talking bitches and douche-nozzles in the BMWs with the dongle hanging in their ear are always in the left lane driving slow then fast then slow then fast...like pushing a chain up a hill....

I just pass them and smile

Life is too short to stress over dil-holes, but I do feel for ya riding in the warm weather....near the beach...
frontiercat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:38 AM   #54
woodnbow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by lethe View Post
Being on the road as much as I am (albeit just in cars and bikes), I'd have to say that your ranks are getting infiltrated with some pretty poor drivers these days too. Probably not to the same percentage as what you find in cars and light trucks but still plenty worrisome.
I'd say the percentages are pretty damn close... Anybody who can pass a DOT Physical and has 3-5000 bucks for a Drivers Course, can get a Class A CDL. We hire several per year, many cannot upshift a diesel rig on a grade because they've never been taught that particular skill. They're taught well enough to get from point A to point B on an Interstate Highway system, the rudiments of backing a truck and trailer and that's about it... And yes, considering they're piloting up to 80,000# at highway speed, that's worrisome
woodnbow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:43 AM   #55
farmerstu
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 388
Quote:
LOL"LOL" To funny...

I was riding a 160 HP 1973 Z1 900 Kawasaki I built in my shop. I've been a motorcycle mechanic for 40+ years
and a race engine builder for 35 years of the 40+ years. If it makes a difference to you, my Z1 was in AMA
Super Bike trim with a very high strung not AMA legal engine.

BTW: The engine was on my dyno at 160 HP, this was not a rear wheel dyno as there was no rear wheel
motorcycle dyno's back then (at least not that I ever saw)

Ya ride safe now Ya Hear"
so the very first year they were available to the public you managed to get one, tweak it enough to get 160 reliable h.p. out it. and ride it well over 2000 miles in less than 24 hrs. at a time when the interstate system still had gaps in it. (are did you take all 2 lane roads?.).
farmerstu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:59 AM   #56
daveinva
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 547
For the record, Massachussetts most definitely enforces this law-- I know, I was pulled over for hogging the left lane in a station wagon 15+ years ago. (I was from out of state, I was unfamiliar with the law, I really wasn't in the left lane very long, but long enough... thankfully, no ticket but the lesson stuck with me, STAY TO THE RIGHT!).
daveinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:29 AM   #57
perterra
-. --- .--. .

Oddometer: 7,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferMutt View Post
If people knew how to fucking merge, I bet a lot of these guys pulling trailers would avoid the left lane more often. As it is, people just cruise merrily down on ramps expecting the whole world to yield to them. Very annoying in a normal car, but extremely frustrating pulling a rig that takes longer to brake and get back up to speed and wastes twice the fuel.

Just a guess.

Years ago I was driving a delivery truck, running down the freeway I watch some lady in a 2 seat Mercedes come off the service road and start merging, I'm thinking she will slow. As best I could tell she never looked over and basically disappeared under the right hood corner of the truck, I got on the brakes which were really not that strong on a fully loaded truck and hit the air horn. Next thing I saw was her sliding left, then sliding right until she went off the road and high centered in the ditch.

People are just stupid when it comes to merging, my bro inlaw had some guy in Louisana merge into the tandems on his trailer in broad daylight.

IBA 22425
perterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #58
211Chuck
Eat,Sleep,Breath M/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrashCan View Post

Let's see if I have this right.

2,000,000 miles in 45 years = 44,444. MPY

44,444 MPY= 3703 MPM

3703 MPM = 855 MPW

855 MPW = 122 MPD

This is counting every day for he last 45 years.

If you are not Emilio Scott you may want to contact Guinness.

Guinness record for the world’s longest motorcycle ride. Travelogue: The Longest Ride: My Ten-Year 500,000 Mile Motorcycle Journey[14][15]

First off let me say you need to get out more ("WAY MORE") I've sat around many a camp fire with plenty
of (1) - (2) & 3 million mile riders over the years.

My years are 45+ years of riding so your a little off on your math.

I've rode ("MANY") 100,000 + mile years and some 35,000 mile years.

I'm very close to 2 million miles (VERY CLOSE) so again your math is a little off.

Most importantly I'm not bragging at all because I have many friends that make me look like
a Social Club (owner) instead of a motorcyclist.

Example of one friend of mine: Walt Healy (RIP) of Walt Healy Motorcycles Calgary Alberta Can.

Walt (RIP) & his family own the oldest motorcycle dealer/shop in "North America" in the same
location operated by the same family. Walt started his shop around the time the Indian motorcycle
company started.

He never had an automobile license his whole life (only a motorcycle license) he rode every day from
the time he started riding on the street till he died at age 100 (we think age 100) he would never tell
his birth date exactly.

Walt never owned a car or rode in a car his whole life. He brought his family up and ran his business
without ever using a car. ( he rode only motorcycles in Canadian weather all year round )

Walt rode countless miles (probably in the millions) before he died all while raising his family and
running his business.

He rode across Canada every year in February till he died at age 100. When people asked him WHY?
he did this his answer was: ("it keeps me young") which IMO must have worked.

I grew up in Canada and rode my motorcycle to work every day even in 45 below zero on 6 inch's of
ice in snow storms. I'd fall down many times going to work and coming home some days in the
winter. WHY? because I loved to ride. Until the day I met Walt (when I was a young man) I thought
I loved motorcycles and riding them more then anyone in the world. Once I met Walt I knew there
had to be more like him out there and over my years of riding I've met many.

The point to the above story is: You really need to get out more so you can find out how silly
you sounded posting things about peoples riding that you know nothing about.

As for you and some others on here: I have no idea why you insist on posting
on one thread about things you read on other threads disrupting threads that
have nothing to do with what your talking about. Totally disrespectful IMO as
is knocking some one because they love to ride more then you!!

I'll re post this where you should have put it in the first place.

I'm also going to apologize to everyone on this thread for the interruption of this
thread by others and myself with things that have nothing to do with this thread..

Sorry guys"

Old 03-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #59
211Chuck
Eat,Sleep,Breath M/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerstu View Post
so the very first year they were available to the public you managed to get one, tweak it enough to get 160 reliable h.p. out it. and ride it well over 2000 miles in less than 24 hrs. at a time when the interstate system still had gaps in it. (are did you take all 2 lane roads?.).

I really find much humor in Social Club (owners) because unlike motorcyclists they have no clue what
their talking about.

#1 they seem to be dyslexic alot of the time posting on one thread that has nothing to do with what they
are posting that they read on a different thread LOL"

If you could read properly you would see I never posted what year I bought or built the Z1?

For your information how ever I did the very first full service on the very first Z1 in the USA although
this still has nothing do with when I bought or built mine.

Once again I'll re post this post to where it belongs (maybe you'll remember
where that is?) and apologize to everyone here for both you and I for posting
non relevant posts on this thread.

Sorry guys"

Old 03-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #60
TrashCan OP
Scary Jerry

Oddometer: 4,073
Quote:

First off let me say you need to get out more ("WAY MORE") I've sat around many a camp fire with plenty
of (1) - (2) & 3 million mile riders over the years.

My years are 45+ years of riding so your a little off on your math.

I've rode ("MANY") 100,000 + mile years and some 35,000 mile years.

I'm very close to 2 million miles (VERY CLOSE) so again your math is a little off.

Most importantly I'm not bragging at all because I have many friends that make me look like
a Social Club (owner) instead of a motorcyclist.

Example of one friend of mine: Walt Healy (RIP) of Walt Healy Motorcycles Calgary Alberta Can.

Walt (RIP) & his family own the oldest motorcycle dealer/shop in "North America" in the same
location operated by the same family. Walt started his shop around the time the Indian motorcycle
company started.

He never had an automobile license his whole life (only a motorcycle license) he rode every day from
the time he started riding on the street till he died at age 100 (we think age 100) he would never tell
his birth date exactly.

Walt never owned a car or rode in a car his whole life. He brought his family up and ran his business
without ever using a car. ( he rode only motorcycles in Canadian weather all year round )

Walt rode countless miles (probably in the millions) before he died all while raising his family and
running his business.

He rode across Canada every year in February till he died at age 100. When people asked him WHY?
he did this his answer was: ("it keeps me young") which IMO must have worked.

I grew up in Canada and rode my motorcycle to work every day even in 45 below zero on 6 inch's of
ice in snow storms. I'd fall down many times going to work and coming home some days in the
winter. WHY? because I loved to ride. Until the day I met Walt (when I was a young man) I thought
I loved motorcycles and riding them more then anyone in the world. Once I met Walt I knew there
had to be more like him out there and over my years of riding I've met many.

The point to the above story is: You really need to get out more so you can find out how silly
you sounded posting things about peoples riding that you know nothing about.

As for you and some others on here: I have no idea why you insist on posting
on one thread about things you read on other threads disrupting threads that
have nothing to do with what your talking about. Totally disrespectful IMO as
is knocking some one because they love to ride more then you!!

I'll re post this where you should have put it in the first place.

I'm also going to apologize to everyone on this thread for the interruption of this
thread by others and myself with things that have nothing to do with this thread..

Sorry guys"

I got all of my numbers from you, I didn't pull them out of thin air did I???

TrashCan is online now   Reply With Quote