Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2012, 06:54 PM   #46
btcn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardguy View Post
He just wants everyone in the world to know that he thinks the TMAX is the best scooter in existence in this world as long as scooters have been made and will be made and he is going to do it one forum at a time until everyone in the world knows it and too bad it is this forum's turn.

I think so.

But we don't want this here thread to be going down yonder, Dismount has a good reasonable question, so we's gonna help him find a good scooter.

As hard as it is if he's gonna pick a fight then we need a thread to settle this issue. NOT this one, we can make are own to deal with it if we got to.

Tacoma, I really didn't read anything bad about the T-Max, yes there was some bad about the Burgman 400 with its speedo and small problems, even though we still say for anything but long tours on the freeway its good, and its fine for freeway still. Yes I agree with you T-Max is a fine scooter, I do like its looks its cool. Its a good overall scooter, but its simply not for everybody. NO bike or scooter is or ever will be. Ok, lets say the T-Max is overall better than any scooter every created or ever will be. That STILL don't mean its the right scoot for every individual. Some like small scoots for jaunting, while it may handle good it still way heavier than a 125 cc screw around scoot. And, for example personally I love V-Twin Motorcycles, and can hardly live with any other motor on a bike, for the sound and feel, and love Harleys. But does that mean everybody looking for a Street Bike should buy a Harley? Only poser's would say that. Just think about what you's writin, nobody downtalked the T-Max. We know its a good scoot.

And if you want to have an agrument, we can all have a civilized argument will you down yonder in the basement, but if you feel it's necessary to get it out, lets just do it elsewhere.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:53 AM   #47
Dismount OP
Boring bastard

Oddometer: 8,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
I really don't care what you people think! I get sick reading all the cut down comments about the Yamaha Tmax and you people never even sat on one , more or less ride one!
funny how you call this a scooter forum and have such nice things to say about a no-name Chinese 50cc scooter but the same people cut down and make fun of the Tmax, a blind man can see the Tmax is a threat to you, you people hate the Tmax cause you know its one of the best and you're afraid it will make the scooter you own look bad!

Take your thread shitting elsewhere.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:59 AM   #48
Dismount OP
Boring bastard

So, now that that's over with.

No piaggio dealers anywhere near here either , but anyone have any experience with the BV 500 Tourer? It looks intriguing, but seems to have loads less wind protection than what I'm looking for. Wish I could see one in person.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:15 AM   #49
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dismount View Post
So, now that that's over with.

No piaggio dealers anywhere near here either , but anyone have any experience with the BV 500 Tourer? It looks intriguing, but seems to have loads less wind protection than what I'm looking for. Wish I could see one in person.
I have ridden a BV250 which looks to be very similar but with a smaller motor. I thought it was comfortable with excellent wind protection, much better than the T max I had ridden an hour earlier.

Several people have mentioned the back problems that the feet forward riding position of most of the maxi scoots. Some people are very comfortable with that riding position and some are not. I you have owned a cruiser and found that position comfortable then the maxi scoots will probably also be comfortable for you. If not, it's something you need to find out before buying a scooter with the feet forward position. I personally don't like the "lounge chair" riding position and it does bother my back. Perhaps a backrest would solve that problem. If I was in the market for a new scooter I'd wait for the new BV350 which should be available soon.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:58 AM   #50
Dismount OP
Boring bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaviator View Post
I have ridden a BV250 which looks to be very similar but with a smaller motor. I thought it was comfortable with excellent wind protection, much better than the T max I had ridden an hour earlier.

Several people have mentioned the back problems that the feet forward riding position of most of the maxi scoots. Some people are very comfortable with that riding position and some are not. I you have owned a cruiser and found that position comfortable then the maxi scoots will probably also be comfortable for you. If not, it's something you need to find out before buying a scooter with the feet forward position. I personally don't like the "lounge chair" riding position and it does bother my back. Perhaps a backrest would solve that problem. If I was in the market for a new scooter I'd wait for the new BV350 which should be available soon.
Thanks! Usually for me it's the upper back that gives me trouble, and then when I'm leaning forward. The feet forward doesn't bother me as much as having my feet tucked under.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #51
scootermann
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
In regards to riding position; I am 6'2", 190lbs and have been in the saddle of my Majesty for 6 hours at a stretch—in the twisties and on the highway. I ain't no youngster, and riding on that scoot hasn't given my back any problems that moving my foot position can't solve. Conversely, for all of the accolades that the TMax gets, I felt scrunched-up when I sat on one.

It really is so subjective. Take all the opinions in stride, but get on the scoots and try them out if you can. BTW, messing around with the variator weights is pretty cheap and you can , more or less, customize your "power band" (if there really is such a thing on a scooter with a CVT).
scootermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #52
Dismount OP
Boring bastard

No substitute for a butt in the saddle.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:59 PM   #53
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dismount View Post
No substitute for a butt in the saddle.
This is true. All the comments from other people only give you some things to think about and look for.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #54
HandKPhil
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 455
BV or not BV, that is the question.

Yup, the BV300 and BV350's are sure some awesome-looking scoots, aren't they? Only thing that might be a problem is cleaning those 20 spoke wheels on the BV300, but they sure look gorgeous. I'd love to test ride either one someday. In any event, they both look a lot better than a TMax....hee hee!

HandKPhil screwed with this post 03-27-2012 at 02:27 PM
HandKPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #55
Dismount OP
Boring bastard

Clean? You're supposed to keep your bikes clean?

I just find a big deep puddle and ride through it as fast as I can stand a few times.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:49 PM   #56
btcn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,880
Yea them BV 500 is worth a look. I was also say the Scarabeo 500 is a good scoot, I think it's like the same as the BV sort of. You can get it with all them big bags on the back too.

I like it cause its still a scooter, small and nimbler than most maxis, yet its plenty for cruising the freeway with 500 cc. IN fact if I get another scoot it'll definitly be one of them 500s.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:42 AM   #57
RattleCanRacer
AKA: Steve.

Oddometer: 49
I think if I had to sell everything and get one thing, it would be a Helix or Elite 250, remember there are people who have damn near gone around the world on one. I know someone who did 8000 mile trip, trippin around the country for a whole summer. He said it lacked nothing and never broke down, I believe it was an older Elite. You got your cruiser if you HAVE to go 100 mph. Plus it's hard to justify getting less mpg's on a scooter than I do on my NightHawk.
Presently: 87 Elite 150, Plated 100% rebuilt NOS 82' single carb XR500, NightHawk 650, CB400. My friend told me my Motorcycle smells weird. I told him, "I haven't figured out how to tune the smell yet." Another friend asked "Does your Elite have power surges?" I said "I wish!"
RattleCanRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:20 AM   #58
Dismount OP
Boring bastard

Wait, are you saying you don't have to have 2200ccs and a turbo charger to do the speed limit?

Craziness.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:08 AM   #59
windburn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,169
Everything I have owned has been a Honda

I don't know if I'm bias as a think I would like a Bergman Ex. Some friends ride them.

I don't really have a stable, I have a Silver Wing and I have a Ct90 restoration project.

I dance with the one I brought to the dance, the 2007 Honda Silver Wing. I use it for the milk run, club rides and long distance travel. It's a fine bike. I get far fewer inquiries at the gas pump then I would get with the green 1986 Helix. It's smooth, quiet and reasonably powerful. When I changed the belt at 24,000 it was like new again. I have 31,000 miles since August 08. I have been to timberline on Mt.Hood, in Oregon, over guardsman pass in Utah, the altitude was no problem. I have ridden the interstate for 525 miles in a day. I have taken a riding seminar in the mountain road of Washington state corner carving.

In the end the discussion my be better focused on, who am I, rather then, what I ride.
windburn is offline   Reply With Quote