Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2012, 08:58 AM   #31
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 5,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMind View Post
It's pretty clearly a BMW R11##GS. Rider has BMW Motorrad gear. Gotta love the little tail-wag as he gasses it halfway down the road.

Hope his final drive held up.

Ginger Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #32
GoGoGavin41
Isn't this that guy?

Oddometer: 744
I am Spartacus!
GoGoGavin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #33
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
I don't quite think I've read any post in any ADV thread with the attitude (for lack of a better word) you're using...
You must not venture down into the basement.

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #34
smokey3644
not so n00bish

Oddometer: 8
The worst thing about driving through that smoke and a few embers was that little girl screaming in the guys ear. My guess is the guy on the bike either knew something about fire behavior and realized it was mostly smoke or just went in a ways and came back. Anyone that's spent time on the fire line has been through alot hotter situation than the vid shows.
smokey3644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:45 AM   #35
cliffy109
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,577
I'm still waiting for somebody to fess up.
cliffy109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:54 AM   #36
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy109 View Post
I'm still waiting for somebody to fess up.
Look in Regional's
Old 04-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #37
i_4ce
wants a WeeStrom

Oddometer: 229
Insurance claim to get a new motorcycle?
Old 04-04-2012, 11:12 AM   #38
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,344
Quote:
Wow, I guess we've been told a thing or two.

I don't quite think I've read any post in any ADV thread with the attitude (for lack of a better word) you're using... I'm going to guess that this was a one time huge drunken mistake of a rambling post. Impressive in that in the first sentence you earned the term "rambling" - don't think I've seen that skill before.
Castle Pines (in his sig) is like 20 or 30 miles from that fire, he may know people who lost their homes and lives while you guys joke about it.

That being said Colorado fire season is just beginning, unless we get major amounts of moisture this state is primed to burn to the ground this summer.
Of course the bike doesn't exist, this entire forum is here because the right bike doesn't exist but the right people do, and they make the trip anyway.
VxZeroKnots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #39
Navy Chief
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,118
Who is joking about the fires and people who lost homes there??

The only joking I see is some light hearted conversation about a dude on a motorcycle riding directly into the fire...
Navy Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #40
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
Who is joking about the fires and people who lost homes there??

The only joking I see is some light hearted conversation about a dude on a motorcycle riding directly into the fire...
All i was getting at was if a person was emotionally distraught over said event and people were joking about things related to said event, I could understand that reaction.

Is it really that hard to understand?
Of course the bike doesn't exist, this entire forum is here because the right bike doesn't exist but the right people do, and they make the trip anyway.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #41
Mambo Dave OP
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
All i was getting at was if a person was emotionally distraught over said event and people were joking about things related to said event, I could understand that reaction.

Is it really that hard to understand?
Which could be said about anything - like us joking about very expensive BMW motorcycles that break far too early for the people conned into being beta testers on their dime or, worse, joking about death on the highways. "On average in 2009, 93 people were killed on the roadways of the U.S. each day." -- Wiki on highway deaths in the USA

That's more people dying than if a 747-400 airliner went down with all aboard once a week. Yet we joke about air travel, we joke about idiots that cut us off ... where shall we draw this line? If that highway death number is acceptable (which it is - no-one is shutting down the US Highway system until repairs are made), then 747's crashing once a week must be acceptable (thank God they don't), and all the dark humor we use to get through a life trying to kill us must, therefore, be acceptable.

and we weren't even joking about anything but a motorcyclist riding into a fire that a group of people who lived were astonished they'd made it out of.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #42
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Which could be said about anything - like us joking about very expensive BMW motorcycles that break far too early for the people conned into being beta testers on their dime or, worse, joking about death on the highways. "On average in 2009, 93 people were killed on the roadways of the U.S. each day." -- Wiki on highway deaths in the USA

That's more people dying than if a 747-400 airliner went down with all aboard once a week. Yet we joke about air travel, we joke about idiots that cut us off ... where shall we draw this line? If that highway death number is acceptable (which it is - no-one is shutting down the US Highway system until repairs are made), then 747's crashing once a week must be acceptable (thank God they don't), and all the dark humor we use to get through a life trying to kill us must, therefore, be acceptable.

and we weren't even joking about anything but a motorcyclist riding into a fire that a group of people who lived were astonished they'd made it out of.
Dude I don't care what you joke about, I'm just saying his reaction could potentially be because he has close ties to those events and it maybe isn't random behavior.

I personally don't care that some wooden boxes burned down, that is what insurance is for; but if someone comes into a thread about BMW final drive failures or 747 crashes and seemingly randomly flies off the handle and I know that they lost their BMW final drive which took out a 747 in the ensuing starburst of metal fragments which crashed into a highway I'll probably tell you why I think their behavior isn't random.

VxZeroKnots screwed with this post 04-04-2012 at 01:49 PM
Old 04-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #43
lemieuxmc
Banned

Oddometer: 3,360
So does that mean that we can't laugh at the "Hitler get's a new GS" video anymore?

What's the difference between Whitney Houston and a KLR?

A KLR can make it past 50!
lemieuxmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #44
lethe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieuxmc View Post
So does that mean that we can't laugh at the "Hitler get's a new GS" video anymore?

barely
lethe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:01 PM   #45
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieuxmc View Post

It's okay to joke about Whitney, she and her career are finally together again at last.