Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #31
Pantah OP
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Alexander View Post
OK where are those forms again .... do I have to print the pdf and then scan it back, I can't seem to entry any info.
Yeppers...need to print the pdf, fill out and fax or scan. Welcome! You are going to have one of the most memorable vacations ever. Ordering my ICO tomorrow I think. May as well learn how to use the thing
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:45 PM   #32
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer: 1,092
Getting the willies reading abuot this ride!
I wanted to run it, back in the 90's, in my Subaru.
Of course, ski passes and chicks got my entry fees and I never gave it a second thought.

Now, my 2014 riding schedule is still in planning stages and the Alcan beckons again...
snowhawk jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:51 PM   #33
Pantah OP
Red Sox Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowhawk jockey View Post
Getting the willies reading abuot this ride!
I wanted to run it, back in the 90's, in my Subaru.
Of course, ski passes and chicks got my entry fees and I never gave it a second thought.

Now, my 2014 riding schedule is still in planning stages and the Alcan beckons again...
Welp...they give us the cinder roads big time. In 2006, Ned and Jimmy650 rode the South Canol like a cushion Mile.

I saw it!

from behind for a little bit...
Old 10-17-2012, 06:02 AM   #34
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,498
I'm going again.

It's a hoot.

2010 w/ my 16yo daughter as navigator. The best trip of my life.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:05 AM   #35
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,807
Is this shindig doable on a Tigger 800XC, with suitable tires of course, ridden by a (very) average dirt rider ? I don't think my XR will be up for the job and I really don't want to buy another bike but nor do I have any pretensions of winning either. I also like the idea of being able to power my heated gear.

Finishing is all I am looking for here...
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:05 AM   #36
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Hey Bob!! Thanks for the heads up!

After the 2006 version, I spent the rest of 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, & half of 2010 thinking about the 2010. The same thing is going on right now.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
Old 10-17-2012, 06:06 AM   #37
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

I think the Triumph would work great.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:54 AM   #38
Pantah OP
Red Sox Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
Is this shindig doable on a Tigger 800XC, with suitable tires of course, ridden by a (very) average dirt rider ? I don't think my XR will be up for the job and I really don't want to buy another bike but nor do I have any pretensions of winning either. I also like the idea of being able to power my heated gear.

Finishing is all I am looking for here...
Your Tigger is ideal. IMO. You can run a Mefo rear and a TKC up front. Maybe take a spare front too. Rainier will haul our spares and panniers.

You don't need exceptional riding skills to do well. Its the navigation and time keeping that gets you results. I did seat-of-pants before, but this time I'm going to use an ICO computer.

For me the ride was the most important thing, with the competition aspect spicing it up. After two earlier events, this time I'd like to be more competitive.

Send in your deposit!
Old 10-17-2012, 07:56 AM   #39
Pantah OP
Red Sox Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceRph View Post
Hey Bob!! Thanks for the heads up!

After the 2006 version, I spent the rest of 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, & half of 2010 thinking about the 2010. The same thing is going on right now.
Hey AceRph - Whatchagunna' ride this time?
Old 10-17-2012, 08:11 AM   #40
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
For me the ride was the most important thing, with the competition aspect spicing it up. After two earlier events, this time I'd like to be more competitive.

I come with the intention of winning

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:18 AM   #41
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
Hey AceRph - Whatchagunna' ride this time?
I don't know. Sorta toying w/ the idea of building a Triumph Scrambler hack, but that would mean I'd have to sell the GS outfit.

I've got a MTS, but I'd hate to fall down on that thing. Too pretty.

You gonna ride one of those plain old KTM things again?

Old 10-17-2012, 08:21 AM   #42
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
I come with the intention of winning

Win, lose, or draw, it's great to ride w/ the same bunch of folks every day. You don't have the kind of hassles that you have on a less organized trip. W/ set time schedules, there's no waiting for someone to comb their hair or rearrange their gear for the 20th time. After finishing a TSD section, it's time to put on some miles!

Old 10-17-2012, 08:31 AM   #43
Pantah OP
Red Sox Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceRph View Post
I don't know. Sorta toying w/ the idea of building a Triumph Scrambler hack, but that would mean I'd have to sell the GS outfit.

I've got a MTS, but I'd hate to fall down on that thing. Too pretty.

You gonna ride one of those plain old KTM things again?

Well...I have a new 690R , but my Yamaha WR250R is in AZ already and it has a big tank. I think I'm going to ride that. Jerry and a couple of his guys gave me a little flack about that, but I know it'll keep up on the transits. I guess the DRZ's struggled back in 2004, but my little 250 is faster than a DRZ. I can cruise it high sixties all day.

How could you sell that beautiful GS rig?
Old 10-17-2012, 08:34 AM   #44
SKINNY
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 641
This looks like my kind of ride...
2014 is a long way off, but I'm enlisting some of my riding partners for tentative entry...
SKINNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #45
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

I'll figure out something. If I fall off of the Ducati before then and get it all scratched up, I just might ride it. Fast enough for the transit sections to be sure.

I'll wait for you.