|10-05-2014, 09:40 PM||#1|
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: High Desert Ghetto, CA
For those who can't hack just 1... what's your dream garage?
Just to set some arbitrary guidelines:
A limit of 8... just pulled it out of the ether
Physical limitations need not apply, i.e. I can't ride a sportike nor intense off-road due to injuries nor is height a limitation
Skill limitations need not apply. Yes, you too can ride a GP bike
Feel free to update as necessary, but you gotta give one up
So let's hear it!
|10-05-2014, 09:55 PM||#2|
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: High Desert Ghetto, CA
1. KTM 500 EXC because I don't like trailers
2. F6B as a tourer
3. Multistrada 1200 If you have to ask...
4. BMW R100RS always wanted one
5. TW 200 adult bigwheel fun
6.Vespa GTS 300 because Vespa that hauls
7. R90 w/knobbies and a Ural hack
8. Vincent Black Shadow
Shoot, I shoulda picked 10 or 12 or...
|10-06-2014, 08:15 AM||#3|
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: U.P. mich
2 73 Z1
3 KX 500
4 BUELL S1
5 77 GS 750
6 KTM 950 SE
7 TRIUMPH/BSA X75 HURRICANE
8 last but not least 09 or newer ROAD KING
|10-06-2014, 08:15 AM||#4|
Joined: Oct 2013
Maybe I'm not the bikeaholic I thought i was, as this was harder than expected.
1) KTM 990
2) HD Road King, hard bags, police solo seat
3) Yamaha FZ-09
4) KLX 250
5) Kawasaki ZRX1100
6) The new Ducati Scrambler, any version really
7) Honda 919
8) Triumph Street Triple R
Reviewing this list, it looks like I like naked bikes more than I thought....
|10-06-2014, 08:44 AM||#5|
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Daytona 675R, the fancy version with all the upgrades
Husky 610 sm
MV Augusta F4
Yamaha Rz350 or RZ500
stripped down Shovelhead bobber
Moto Guzzi 850 T3
ok, i cheated, that's 9. ZRX1200 would be on the list, but i already have one. also, this is a quick list. limiting to 8 is nearly impossible, i could easily do a list of 40.
|10-06-2014, 09:54 AM||#6|
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Methane Central..(Sth Gippsland)
It's coming along.....
The XR650 down the back doesn't count, as it's owned by a Canadian who'll be back to go Desert exploring again next year. ( Although, I'd be happy to have it!)
The frame in front is a RD350LC undergoing a full rebuild.
|10-06-2014, 12:55 PM||#7|
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Bothell, WA
1. Ducati Diavel for group rides and bike socializin'
2. BMW R1200RS for sporty long hauls
3. Honda Valkyrie for the short hauls and cruisin'
4. KTM RC390 for the track
5. Vespa Sprint 150 as the essential scooter for downtown
'14 Aprilia Tuono V4R for hoonin'
'14 Triumph Tiger 800XC for haulin'
|10-06-2014, 01:36 PM||#8|
Joined: May 2004
Location: Euclid, OH
OK, I will play this game of bike fantasy....
If I could have any 8 bikes that I want along with a private mechanic to keep them all running and housed in my 30x60 2 story fully stocked and equipped garage (This is fantasy, right?) I would want these:
2011 BMW R1200R - My current awesome bike.
2009 Vespa GTS - My current awesome scooter.
1985 BMW R80 G/S - The bike I sold because I did not have my very own private mechanic.
2015 Ducati Multistrada S Sport - Everyone needs a 150 HP upright sport tourer!
2015 BMW K1600GT with top box - For two up touring and intoxicating sound from that soulfoul 6.
1990's Moto Guzzi V11 Rosso Mandella edition - forgive me if I spelled it wrong or got the model slightly wrong but it is the special edition with a sleek fairing and red anodized valve covers and other bits. Very sexy and the first Guzzi that I fell in love with.
2015 Indian Scout - If for nothing else just to look at. Preferably red with the tan saddle. Smoking hot gorgeous!
Suzuki DR650 - Any year will do, equipped with all the goodies so I can have a nice manageable ADV bike that I can drop and not care.
I think that would make a nice garage, though I wouldn't mind having a few more classics in there, but I can live with those 8 for the rest of my life if need be.
Any Road Any Time!
2011 BMW R1200R - The Redhead with Big Jugs I have always wanted!
2009 Vespa GTS Super 250ie - Just for Kicks & Giggles
|10-06-2014, 03:03 PM||#9|
should be out riding
Joined: May 2010
Location: Musky, MI
*Guzzi Stelvio NTX
*Guzzi Griso in tenni green (right now, it's red. Green SE is awesome)
*Indian Chief '48
Ducati 1200 multi
Bimota Tesi 3D
Norton 850 Commando
Classic Vespa scooter (two smoker, shift)
...oh yea, a holy grail '48 Indian big base scout (or the sweet replica made by Matt Blake)
That's today....there is more than 8 total as some might be going out as others going in...
A Ducati, some Guzzi, a KTM, and a Excelsior...Indian in resto.
kirb screwed with this post 10-06-2014 at 03:32 PM
|10-06-2014, 03:53 PM||#10|
Joined: Apr 2013
Bikes available today? Triumph Street Triple for around town, Thruxton for fun on the weekends.
Next year? I'd go with a Ducati Scrambler for commuting and, with my retro itch scratched, maybe a GSX-650/750 for fun and a hedge against Italian reliability. Full-on dreaming, the second bike is the new R1200R in black.
"Motorcycles - the cigarettes of transportation." Seth Meyers on CICGC
|10-06-2014, 04:12 PM||#11|
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
I could only come up wanting 6 in super dream
Victory Vegas 8-ball- With two up seat and a luggage rack. Stage 1 exhaust and cruiser control. two up bike and solo touring rig.
Yamaha TW200- Trail toy (because in honesty at my skill this bike get me further than any true dirt machine)
Motoguzzi V7 Stone- Solo pleasure bike (they look sound sooo nice. I want one plain and simple)
Triumph Scrambler- For adventure touring (just because I think it work fine for anything considered a road so it's all I'd need for what I consider adv touring)
Ural Gear Up. (Just to give three wheels a go and to bring the dogs along with now and then)
Maybe a first gen Yamaha Vmax. (Just for there cool factor and for fun at drag strip. Not fan of new ones styling)
But in all reality. All I reallly wants a nice big bore cruiser that allows me to ride in comfort again. And lightish duel sport for commuting. That's all I need and all I realistically would want/afford.
2014 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
2008 Suzuki DR650SE
TinyBear screwed with this post 10-24-2014 at 06:24 PM
|10-06-2014, 04:32 PM||#12|
Joined: May 2013
Location: Gulf Coast
1. Grom. To the Starbucks nearest my house.
2. Speed Triple R. To wheelie to any Starbucks in the City, while evading LE.
3. RSV4 Factory. To any Starbuck within 200 mile, via twisty back roads.
4. VFR1200F. To any Starbucks in Texas, via twisty back roads.
5. R1200RT wethead. To any Starbucks in the lower 48.
6. Daytona 675R (track prepped). To smell Starbucks coffee - and burnt racing fuel - at the local track days.
7. Norton Commando 961 SF. To ride to the small town just outside County line, and visit the old historic fire-station... now turned into Starbucks Coffee.
8. Thruxton. To do the annal Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride... and drink Starbucks coffee with a straw so as not to mess up the fake mustache and cashmere cardigan vest.
And I don't even drink coffee.
|10-06-2014, 07:21 PM||#13|
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: DFW, TX
Hmm... No rationale for my choices. Just emotion. I'm dreaming "in addition to" my regular bike, which is a Street Triple that I'm bending towards touring-friendliness.
1. Ducati Panigale 1199S Tricolore - Best looking bike in the world.
1. Ducati Panigale 899 - 2nd-best looking Pani, more useable than the big one.
2. Ducati 916 - The only thing in Matrix Reloaded that stuck with me.
3. Ducati 848 Evo - In that soft metallic white with red rims. I saw an older guy with one of these at Cresson last month. WOW. I don't know crap about the 848, so this is a looks-only choice.
4. Suzuki DR650 with any and all mods, add-ons, and farkles that I find compelling, for doing filthy adventure-y things.
5. The Triumph Thruxton? I think? With the red and white-striped café racer fairing that was going around the Progressive show last season. Something about that machine pushed all the right buttons.
6. 1986 or 87 Kawasaki GPZ900R in black and red. The first motorcycle I remember seeing, in the sense that a boy *sees* a motorcycle.
7. Kawasaki ZX-10R, green, 2011-ish model. Just an absolute lovely missile, completely impractical but again, something about it...
8. HD Dyna Switchback, or maybe a Road King. I want to try the cruiser thing just once.
|10-06-2014, 07:31 PM||#14|
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Canton, NC
2. Ural Gear Up
3. HD Street Glide
4. '06 636 in silver
5. VFR400 NC30
6. Tiger 800 XC
7. Scrambler Steve McQueen Edition
8. '15 R1200RT
Current: 13 Ninja 300 Past: 12 KLR650, 09 Ninja 250, 98 VFR, 88 KLR650, 88 XT350, 07 ZX6R
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves....Edward R. Murrow
doogiepooch screwed with this post 10-07-2014 at 06:16 PM
|10-06-2014, 09:14 PM||#15|
Joined: Jul 2014
Location: Waynesville, NC
In no particular order:
KTM RC8R with full exhaust and track goodies (sounds so mean)
BMW R1200RT for year round riding/commuting
Triumph Daytona 675R to replace my '07
Honda CRF450 Supermoto for kart tracks and hooliganism
Kawasaki KX250 for offroad
A 2 smoker dirt bike with wheels for kart tracks(don't know enough about different models to narrow it down to one)
KTM 500EXC for fire roads?
Harder than I thought it was going to be
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|