ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #1486
Wildman
In my castle
 
Wildman's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: The Kingdom of Kent
Oddometer: 17,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgunther View Post
Fantastic. Well-played, Pyn!
__________________
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #1487
dvwalker
Working to ride
 
dvwalker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Orygun
Oddometer: 734
and the crowd goes crazy, chanting lyndon, lyndon, lyndon....

what a fun ride this has been this past year ...and thank you for taking us along on your dream of finishing Dakar...
__________________
.

'14 KTM 1190 Adv, '12 KTM 350EXC, '09 Yamaha WR250R
dvwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:16 AM   #1488
Region Riley
rally kit widow
 
Region Riley's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Colorado Springs
Oddometer: 3,421
Congratulations Lyndon!!!


Thanks for bringing us along.


__________________
Region Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #1489
Toldlady
Pyn's Mum
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneswgareth View Post
Lyndon Calling


Dakar 2013 route is announced, at last a cure for boredom
Wondering whether this will be the last for Robbie Gordon
Mostly though the real question is Chaleco or Despres?
“What ‘bout this fella Poskitt?”, “Never heard of him” they say
“Well here is his website, he’s a first timer don’t you know”
“Well I don’t know about his riding but he sure markets like a pro”
After 15 minutes talking, they show interest it would seem
And everyone goes crazy once you tell them Dakar is his dream!

The story starts in April, when Pyndon’s plan first gets a mention
“The goal is just to get to the finish” seems to be the intention
KTM 450 Rally shall be the chosen steed
Oh shit this is serious, our appetites we begin to feed
Sponsors, a dealership on board and support packages to be had
A mechanic decision – fantastic news – he’ll be doing this with his Dad!!!!
Broken foot aside the prep work went without a hitch
But my wife is lonely and in need of some attention as I become an F5 bitch

The first real stage of Dakar on day 2 was long and sandy
Pyn keeping it steady and sensible and looking really handy
Day 3 saw many come to grief on the long and challenging stage
Our boy keeps his head down and is enjoying every day
In f5hose land we watch his progress and look forward to the picture show
Then out of nowhere BAM – there’s a SWEET ASS SUPER SLO-MO!!!!!!!
Along comes the family as Mum and sister now are here
Joining in the F5 chorus shouting, screaming and full of cheer

Say that again - a top 10 finish, that can’t be, I’m no fool
Better listen once again to the call in with PackMule
9th place on a Dakar stage! Could he? Did he? No way!
“In the biggest pond full of the biggest sharks, your proving yourself day after day”
A historic moment and overwhelmed we rush to our television
Rallyradio call in shows rewards if you have persistency of vision
A high speed crash, a snapped fork yoke – from far we hear DG’s cries
But this is Pyndon, see what he’ll do with J-B Weld and Zipties

The penultimate stage is upon us and he wrestles and fights the quads
Best not get too emotional here we mustn’t piss off any mod’s
Now is not the time to open the bubbly, stay calm and remain sober
This is the Dakar don’t forget and it aint over till it’s over!
Mornings here and all our nerves are caught up in a muddle
I’m on my 8th cup of coffee and all I want is a cuddle
WP1, then 2 and 3….. what Pyn and PynDad must be feeling
Go on my son, GO ON MY SON!!! we can start believing!

Lets not forget a Dakar attempt is financially difficult to manage
So maybe stick your hand in your pocket and buy a support package!
For Pyndon’s efforts this year have just blown us all away
He has realised a dream since he was a boy – and he’s done it his own way
My Missus wants me to sell the bike and buy a brand new car
But after these two weeks of wonder I want to do the Dakar
He’s in! He’s done it! Sadly the end of the show
But at last we can let all of our tears and emotions go

Goodbye and thank you RallyRadio, PynDad and F5’rs
And all the people working for the international cell phone providers
For having Pyndon call in has made this Dakar one hell of a show
I’ve still no idea who won it, was it Despres or Chaleco?
THIS was the story of the Dakar for me, the most intriguing there is no doubt
PYNDON HAS FOOKIN DONE IT!!!! We now can all shout
And thanks to all you inmates out there, unturning every stone
For updates throughout the day whilst he was out there on his own
But I guess that’s actually an assumption, for he rode hard and stayed strong
Because we were right there riding with him and pushing him along



Well done Pyndon – you deserve it more than anyone
How lovely, must have taken you ages XX:
Toldlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #1490
joneswgareth
Welsh Rarebit
 
joneswgareth's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Savary Island
Oddometer: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toldlady View Post
How lovely, must have taken you ages XX:
I have a baby that needs to sleep in a buggy.....I have time
__________________
950 SE
joneswgareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #1491
majesty
n00b
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneswgareth View Post
I have a baby that needs to sleep in a buggy.....I have time
Nice one Gareth
majesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #1492
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam
 
cyborg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Pacific NorthWet
Oddometer: 4,959
Riding up the podium ramp tomorrow is going to be sweet for Pyndon!
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #1493
Lorretto
City Dweller Crushperado
 
Lorretto's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Oddometer: 313
Congrats Lyndon!

Quite a ride for the pilot, crew, family and the proud vicarious pillion gallery
Lorretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:48 AM   #1494
knybanjo
kinda slow
 
knybanjo's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: out in the clover patch
Oddometer: 22,964
Big, big props to you Mr. Poskitt!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knybanjo View Post
#168 Lyndon Poskitt aka Pyndon....Dakar Finisher!


__________________
knybanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #1495
DeeGee
I'm a Yorkshireman thanoz
 
DeeGee's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Up North In The UK!
Oddometer: 1,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneswgareth View Post
Lyndon Calling


Dakar 2013 route is announced, at last a cure for boredom
Wondering whether this will be the last for Robbie Gordon
Mostly though the real question is Chaleco or Despres?
“What ‘bout this fella Poskitt?”, “Never heard of him” they say
“Well here is his website, he’s a first timer don’t you know”
“Well I don’t know about his riding but he sure markets like a pro”
After 15 minutes talking, they show interest it would seem
And everyone goes crazy once you tell them Dakar is his dream!

The story starts in April, when Pyndon’s plan first gets a mention
“The goal is just to get to the finish” seems to be the intention
KTM 450 Rally shall be the chosen steed
Oh shit this is serious, our appetites we begin to feed
Sponsors, a dealership on board and support packages to be had
A mechanic decision – fantastic news – he’ll be doing this with his Dad!!!!
Broken foot aside the prep work went without a hitch
But my wife is lonely and in need of some attention as I become an F5 bitch

The first real stage of Dakar on day 2 was long and sandy
Pyn keeping it steady and sensible and looking really handy
Day 3 saw many come to grief on the long and challenging stage
Our boy keeps his head down and is enjoying every day
In f5hose land we watch his progress and look forward to the picture show
Then out of nowhere BAM – there’s a SWEET ASS SUPER SLO-MO!!!!!!!
Along comes the family as Mum and sister now are here
Joining in the F5 chorus shouting, screaming and full of cheer

Say that again - a top 10 finish, that can’t be, I’m no fool
Better listen once again to the call in with PackMule
9th place on a Dakar stage! Could he? Did he? No way!
“In the biggest pond full of the biggest sharks, your proving yourself day after day”
A historic moment and overwhelmed we rush to our television
Rallyradio call in shows rewards if you have persistency of vision
A high speed crash, a snapped fork yoke – from far we hear DG’s cries
But this is Pyndon, see what he’ll do with J-B Weld and Zipties

The penultimate stage is upon us and he wrestles and fights the quads
Best not get too emotional here we mustn’t piss off any mod’s
Now is not the time to open the bubbly, stay calm and remain sober
This is the Dakar don’t forget and it aint over till it’s over!
Mornings here and all our nerves are caught up in a muddle
I’m on my 8th cup of coffee and all I want is a cuddle
WP1, then 2 and 3….. what Pyn and PynDad must be feeling
Go on my son, GO ON MY SON!!! we can start believing!

Lets not forget a Dakar attempt is financially difficult to manage
So maybe stick your hand in your pocket and buy a support package!
For Pyndon’s efforts this year have just blown us all away
He has realised a dream since he was a boy – and he’s done it his own way
My Missus wants me to sell the bike and buy a brand new car
But after these two weeks of wonder I want to do the Dakar
He’s in! He’s done it! Sadly the end of the show
But at last we can let all of our tears and emotions go

Goodbye and thank you RallyRadio, PynDad and F5’rs
And all the people working for the international cell phone providers
For having Pyndon call in has made this Dakar one hell of a show
I’ve still no idea who won it, was it Despres or Chaleco?
THIS was the story of the Dakar for me, the most intriguing there is no doubt
PYNDON HAS FOOKIN DONE IT!!!! We now can all shout
And thanks to all you inmates out there, unturning every stone
For updates throughout the day whilst he was out there on his own
But I guess that’s actually an assumption, for he rode hard and stayed strong
Because we were right there riding with him and pushing him along



Well done Pyndon – you deserve it more than anyone
Well said Gareth!
I will never have the financial oooomph to compete in this Dakar unless I win the lotto, but I have to get closer to it. This year has been totally awesome as we've been there for the ride with Lyndon. Thanks for sharing everything.

To everyone who's made this journey possible from our iPods, iPhones, iPads and any other iTems you've got!

Cheers

Now roll on 2016 cos I'm off to the Dakar!
DeeGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #1496
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs
 
RedRocket's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 19,130
Congratulations Pyndon!


You are a STUD!
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #1497
ian408
Oh?
 
ian408's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Oddometer: 13,868
It's awesome to see guys like Pyndon finish the Dakar.

And it's awesome that guys like Baldy, Doyle, PackMule and so many others come together and
bring all of us our very own live coverage of the event. I doubt any broadcast network has as
much coverage as is available from the F5 fire hose.
ian408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #1498
joneswgareth
Welsh Rarebit
 
joneswgareth's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Savary Island
Oddometer: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post

Now roll on 2016 cos I'm off to the Dakar!
Our chat the other day is still going through my head mate.....I'm planning already
Now stop crying
__________________
950 SE
joneswgareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #1499
pebble35
Beastly Adventurer
 
pebble35's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Jersey, Channel Islands
Oddometer: 1,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
Looks like he got 44th overall.
Moved to 46th now as other riders come in. But should stay there now.

http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2013/us/s...all-bikes.html

To finish the Dakar at the first attempt is an achievement - to get a top 50 placing 9and lets not forget that 9th place on one stage) is just freaking awesome
__________________
Proud to be supporting Pyndon
www.lyndonposkittracing.com

www.bikersjersey.com for all your KTM parts
A 2,400 KM ride around Egypt by Scooter - ride report here
pebble35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #1500
Rossbike
Adventurer
 
Rossbike's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Long Beach, CA
Oddometer: 66
This has been the best story of the Dakar. Thanks for taking the time to call in and having the skills to pull it all together and finish. Just 50 weeks left to prep for next years race.

Congrats Pyndon!!! and cheers!
Rossbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014