ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 05:26 AM   #541
5 speed
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Orlando Florida
Oddometer: 852
Lyndon is just such a stand up guy

I got a personal email from Lyndon letting me know that he received my order and there might be a little delay in shipping it! Well clearly the most important thing is to support Lyndon and I am not worried when the merchandise might be received; you might just be a little busy planning for the biggest adventure of your life!!!

You have inspired so many and truly allowing us to fulfill our dreams through your exploits. KTM really should be supporting you as there are no telling how many 950 adventures have been sold due to your excellent documentation and how to's along with your tear down of the motor that had literally been around the world.

Read every line of Double Barrel Racing Baja and have a copy of Salt and Gold.

Clearly we all wish you the best and Godspeed!!!
5 speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:36 AM   #542
Nitro
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Nitro's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: South Africa
Oddometer: 208
My swag has made it all the way to South Africa (its a bit to big, large is very big in UK, ill try grow into it)


Ill post a cool pic when i get a chance


Good luck for Dakar

Nitro screwed with this post 12-20-2012 at 06:48 AM
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:58 AM   #543
striped tomato
Gnarly Adventurer
 
striped tomato's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Oddometer: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 speed View Post
You have inspired so many and truly allowing us to fulfill our dreams through your exploits. KTM really should be supporting you as there are no telling how many 950 adventures have been sold due to your excellent documentation and how to's along with your tear down of the motor that had literally been around the world.

Read every line of Double Barrel Racing Baja and have a copy of Salt and Gold.
This is true. I found this thread about 3-4 weeks ago and since then have tried to do my bit to help Lyndon achieve his Dakar dreams, received my package of goodies, read the Double Barrel Racing Baja saga and subsequently acquired a 990 adventure!

I've definitely been inspired by Lyndon, my wife's not so happy with his influence though! "Another bike? What do you need another bike for???" - it's the Yorkshire lass coming out in her! :)


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
'13 KTM 1190R
'13 'Berg FE350
striped tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #544
Pyndon OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Pyndon's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Somewhere on two wheels!!
Oddometer: 2,428
More discounts for my supporters.....

WWW.CYCLENUTZ.COM

http://www.lyndonposkittracing.com/2...pr-supporters/

.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Pyn
Follow my adventures on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/LyndonPoskittRacing
Current blog: www.racestoplaces.com
My Dakar Rally Experience
and blog www.LyndonPoskittRacing.com
My KTM 950 Story
Pyndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:24 PM   #545
pebble35
Beastly Adventurer
 
pebble35's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Jersey, Channel Islands
Oddometer: 1,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 speed View Post
I got a personal email from Lyndon letting me know that he received my order and there might be a little delay in shipping it! Well clearly the most important thing is to support Lyndon and I am not worried when the merchandise might be received; you might just be a little busy planning for the biggest adventure of your life!!!

You have inspired so many and truly allowing us to fulfill our dreams through your exploits. KTM really should be supporting you as there are no telling how many 950 adventures have been sold due to your excellent documentation and how to's along with your tear down of the motor that had literally been around the world.

Read every line of Double Barrel Racing Baja and have a copy of Salt and Gold.

Clearly we all wish you the best and Godspeed!!!
I run a small KTM dealership and also ride a 990 Adventure - I am also a bit of a Dakar nut !

I 'knew' Pyndon through his internet exploits and, like many others, found his online postings invaluable both from a technical and inspirational viewpoint. So when I heard he was doing Dakar we contacted him pretty early on and offered our support. There has also been some assistance from KTM UK and other KTM dealers have stepped in and helped Pyndon with sales of his support packages.

We are proud to be supporting Pyndon and doing our little bit to help him achieve his dream
__________________
Proud to be supporting Pyndon
www.lyndonposkittracing.com

www.bikersjersey.com for all your KTM parts
A 2,400 KM ride around Egypt by Scooter - ride report here
pebble35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:31 AM   #546
Pyndon OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Pyndon's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Somewhere on two wheels!!
Oddometer: 2,428
Coma and Despres signed t-shirt...

Just a few minutes left.....who's gonna be the lucky winner?

I will include a singed photo and DHL today once payment is received so you should receive before Christmas.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290831936412&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
__________________
Pyn
Follow my adventures on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/LyndonPoskittRacing
Current blog: www.racestoplaces.com
My Dakar Rally Experience
and blog www.LyndonPoskittRacing.com
My KTM 950 Story
Pyndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:05 AM   #547
Pyndon OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Pyndon's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Somewhere on two wheels!!
Oddometer: 2,428
Last day in the office......

http://www.lyndonposkittracing.com/2012/12/21/last-day-in-the-office/

__________________
Pyn
Follow my adventures on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/LyndonPoskittRacing
Current blog: www.racestoplaces.com
My Dakar Rally Experience
and blog www.LyndonPoskittRacing.com
My KTM 950 Story

Pyndon screwed with this post 12-21-2012 at 07:35 AM
Pyndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:26 AM   #548
pebble35
Beastly Adventurer
 
pebble35's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Jersey, Channel Islands
Oddometer: 1,398
I guess it's all starting to feel very real now Pyn !

Have a great Christmas - take time out to relax and chill - you've earnt it ! (and so has Dani !)

There is a great quote in this week's Motor Cycle News attributed to the founder of the Dakar, Thierry Sabine, which reads 'Dakar is a challenge for those who go. A dream for those who stay behind'. Thanks for helping me live out my dream !

Ride safe mate

__________________
Proud to be supporting Pyndon
www.lyndonposkittracing.com

www.bikersjersey.com for all your KTM parts
A 2,400 KM ride around Egypt by Scooter - ride report here
pebble35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:28 AM   #549
Region Riley
rally kit widow
 
Region Riley's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Colorado Springs
Oddometer: 3,438
Nice article, I think it's great that your employer is supporting your efforts.


GO Pyn GO!


PS, a little more donation $ coming your way....Merry Xmas!
__________________
Region Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #550
5 speed
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Orlando Florida
Oddometer: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebble35 View Post
I run a small KTM dealership and also ride a 990 Adventure - I am also a bit of a Dakar nut !

I 'knew' Pyndon through his internet exploits and, like many others, found his online postings invaluable both from a technical and inspirational viewpoint. So when I heard he was doing Dakar we contacted him pretty early on and offered our support. There has also been some assistance from KTM UK and other KTM dealers have stepped in and helped Pyndon with sales of his support packages.

We are proud to be supporting Pyndon and doing our little bit to help him achieve his dream
That is so good to hear !! He deserves it!!
5 speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:23 AM   #551
Pantah
Red Sox Nation
 
Pantah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: India Wharf
Oddometer: 10,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Region Riley View Post
Nice article, I think it's great that your employer is supporting your efforts.


GO Pyn GO!


PS, a little more donation $ coming your way....Merry Xmas!
Especially given who the company is! You'd never see Lockheed Martin or Boeing doing this. Remember the Supermarine Spitfire? That's them.

Go BAE Systems!
__________________
Straight ahead and faster -Bo Weaver 1970
"There I was..." -Griffin Niner Three Hotel
"One day closer to a parade..." Jonny Gomes, spring training 2013
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:30 AM   #552
ACP
Adventurer
 
ACP's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: New Forest NP, Hampshire
Oddometer: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
Especially given who the company is! You'd never see Lockheed Martin or Boeing doing this. Remember the Supermarine Spitfire? That's them.

Go BAE Systems!
And on the news this week BAE have just sold 20 Typhoons to Oman. I'll bet there's some trails to be blazed over there!
__________________
950 GO!!!!!!!
690 Enduro R
ACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:24 AM   #553
PackMule
love what you do
 
PackMule's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: New Hampshah
Oddometer: 19,459
Pyndon's on his way!!

RallyRAIDio call from the eve of departure:





Direct download: http://traffic.libsyn.com/rallyraidio/13D01.mp3
__________________
Nate in N.E.

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:39 AM   #554
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock
 
ThomasVolomitz's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: NE Ohio
Oddometer: 4,336
Excellent interview. It'll be interesting to see how the foot holds up under the intense beating he's going to take. Sounds like a tough cookie.
__________________
https://m.facebook.com/dualsportdelinquents

Still Riff Raff
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:04 AM   #555
too old
Keen supporter
 
too old's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Sandy waste
Oddometer: 2,517
http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/ne...urer-1-5245852

Wow, even my local rag from home is in on the act
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014