Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2015, 11:42 AM   #1
Scorpion Sports OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 195
Scorpion Sports; Premium Helmets and Apparel at a Value Price

Hi

Surely many of you have heard of Scorpion helmets and our EXO-Wear apparel. If not, well that's why I am here.

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about our gear- this is the place to do it.

And as everyone else is doing in the vendor section, we will be sharing with you what's new.

With that being said, one of our latest successes is the EXO-GT3000 helmet.

In the competitive fiberglass modular helmet category, this helmet is quite simply in a class by itself.
The profile/circumference is extremely low and aerodynamic while advanced features like the TCT-Ultra pre-preg shell, AirFit liner inflation system, Speedview drop down sun visor and Everclear no-fog face shield all provide comfort, protection and functionality.

So let's dive in a little deeper into these features and benefits-
  • TCT- Ultra is the advanced shell structure that utilizes a proprietary 5 layer blend of interlaced and specifically formulated fibers that are pre-impregnated with resin to create a strong yet lightweight shell structure. The EXO-GT3000 is 3.7 lbs (1692 grams)
  • Like all of our helmets, the EXO-GT300 utilizes a dual density EPS liner. This an oval shape fit, similar to our EXO-R2000.
  • The Ellip-Tec face shield pivot system uses an elliptical motion that creates 7.6m of travel which pulls teh shield securely against the eye port, ensuring a proper seal. The Ellip-Tec ratchet system all for 100% tool-less shield changing a matter of seconds.
  • Our SpeedView retractable inner sun-visor is unique in that it has EverClear anti-fogging impregnated onto both sides of the visor. It is activated by a single stainless steel cable with a simple slide of a switch.
  • Speaking of EverClear no-fog treatment, for over 10 years Scorpion Sports have produced optically correct shields with state-of-the art proprietary fog-free technology. We are so confident in the effectiveness of EverClear, we guarantee it for 1 year from date of purchase!
  • Then there is the AirFit liner inflation system positioned underneath the sculpted cheek pads. These pads utilize multi-density foams that contour the rider's face for a personalized fit.
  • We have designed the EXO-GT3000 to be communication system friendly with speaker pockets in the ear cavities. Although our engineers have made accommodations for many different brands of electronics to be installed, there are capabilities for a full integration of the BMW system.
  • Next, the EXO-GT3000 modular helmet has the new KwikWick III removable/washable anti-microbial liner. This is the third generation of Scorpion's moisture-wicking liner material and it feels cool to the touch in warm weather and warm in cool weather while maintaining anti-microbial and hypo-allergenic properties. Its incredibly soft and smooth for a comfortable experience.
  • Lastly, the new EXO-GT3000 helmet comes with an attention to detail not commonly found on a helmet at any price- Titanium D-rings!
Attached Images

Scorpion Sports screwed with this post 06-03-2015 at 12:42 PM
Scorpion Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 01:55 PM   #2
Trackbum
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
I'll tell you all right up front, I'm an independent rep for Scorpion, and several other companies. I'm lucky enough to get the chance to ride in all kinds of different gear. Even though I rep Scorpion I try to look at and test products from an unbiased point of view, and I can honestly say that this helmet has really impressed me. It's light, comfortable, and has far better ventilation than any other modular I've ever worn. Of coarse all that air blowing on your head does increase the noise level when you open the vents, but when it's hot out who cares... besides, you should wear ear plugs anyway.

At under $400, and including a really nice double-handle helmet bag, it's by far the best modular value out there. Scorpion is on the throttle and all the new stuff is well worth a serious look.

If you're in NC / SC and you want to check the stuff out and maybe take one for a demo ride just hit me up and I'll see what I can do.
Trackbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 05:20 PM   #3
Boredsurfer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
Hey Fulkerson - is that you?

anyhooo, I love Scorpion products and would buy every time, but you never seem to make any LONG OVAL shaped helmets for me to buy.

Can you speak to how the internal head shape of this helmets fits? I hear your exo2000 series helmet is kind of OVAL, bur for me, intermediate oval is not enough....

I just can't seem to find any quality LONG OVAL HELMETS (FULL-FACE OR MODULAR) WITH AN INTERNAL SUN VISOR.

Help a brother out.

Thanks.
Boredsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 06:11 PM   #4
thehelios
Taco Inspector

Oddometer: 190
I love me some Scorpion products! I first got a Scorpion Intake jacket that looked and felt great at an awesome price.

I've since become a daily commuter on the bike so I needed something more comfortable and all season so I bought the Scorpion Yukon which should be arriving tomorrow. I'm super excited!

If y'all can, make a Dual Sport helmet that has a face shield and can use goggles and you've got another sale.

"Nice crotch rocket!"
"Dude, it's a f**king Super Tenere. It's a glorified mountain bike."
thehelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:38 PM   #5
Scorpion Sports OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boredsurfer View Post
Hey Fulkerson - is that you?

anyhooo, I love Scorpion products and would buy every time, but you never seem to make any LONG OVAL shaped helmets for me to buy.

Can you speak to how the internal head shape of this helmets fits? I hear your exo2000 series helmet is kind of OVAL, bur for me, intermediate oval is not enough....

I just can't seem to find any quality LONG OVAL HELMETS (FULL-FACE OR MODULAR) WITH AN INTERNAL SUN VISOR.

Help a brother out.

Thanks.

Nope, this is not Fred.
The R2000 and the GT3000 are the "longest oval" we offer. It may just work for you. Come by the office if you want to say hi to Fred, and/or try on a helmet.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:41 PM   #6
Scorpion Sports OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehelios View Post
I love me some Scorpion products! I first got a Scorpion Intake jacket that looked and felt great at an awesome price.

I've since become a daily commuter on the bike so I needed something more comfortable and all season so I bought the Scorpion Yukon which should be arriving tomorrow. I'm super excited!

If y'all can, make a Dual Sport helmet that has a face shield and can use goggles and you've got another sale.
Glad you are enjoying the Scorpion sensations Mr. Helios. Please report back after you and your Yukon jacket spend some quality time together.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:17 AM   #7
BrainBender
Bounty Hunter

Oddometer: 438
Thumb

Any chance of getting a HiViz model in the future?
1997 Honda Gold Wing SE
plus a few other dirt bikes and quads
BrainBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:29 AM   #8
Scorpion Sports OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainBender View Post
Any chance of getting a HiViz model in the future?
Hi Viz for the EXO-GT3000? Not as yet.
We do offer a Hi-Viz in the EXO-900X.
Attached Images

Scorpion Sports screwed with this post 06-04-2015 at 07:46 AM
Old 06-04-2015, 08:05 AM   #9
BrainBender
Bounty Hunter

Oddometer: 438
Nice looking but I want a flip up modular.
1997 Honda Gold Wing SE
plus a few other dirt bikes and quads
BrainBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:41 PM   #10
Scorpion Sports OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Speaking of the EXO-900X...

The EXO-900X is the next generation of the very popular EXO-900 helmet.
What we basically did was review and refine that helmet and create the EXO-900X.

The EXO-900X continues the tradition of Scorpion’s dynamic and multi-functional 3-in-1 TransFormerHelmet® system which can easily be worn as a full-face, an open-face or a modular helmet.

The profile is sleek and aerodynamic while advanced features like the LG® Advanced Polycarbonate shell, AirFit® liner inflation system, SpeedView® drop down sun visor and EverClear® no-fog face shield provide protection and functionality.

LG® advanced polycarbonate shell that was developed exclusively by ScorpionEXO®, engineered to minimize weight and disperse impact

An advanced dual-Density EPS liner that provides efficient energy displacement in key areas including EPS lining throughout the entire chin bar. This is a round head shape.

EverClear® No Fog Face shield is an optically-clear shield with state-of-the art fog free technology. Anti-Scratch hardened coating. 100% UV protection (Clear face shield standard, SpeedView® drop-down sun visor comes in dark smoke)

EverClear® SpeedView® Sun Visor is a retractable internal sun visor that is coated with or proprietary anti-fogging changes positions with the simple flip of a switch.

You can quickly convert into an open face helmet with the use of the optional peak visor and retractable SpeedView® sun Visor.

The AirFit® Liner Inflation System is an inflatable cheek pad system for superior personalized fit, just like the EXO-GT3000.

KwikWick® II anti-microbial fabric keeps you cool and dry in warm weather, warm in cool weather. Liner is easily removable and washable

Quick Change Face Shield:
Easy, secure, tool-less face shield changes in 10 seconds or less
Aero-Tuned Ventilation:
Front and rear vents for max airflow in summer, max warmth in the winter
Attached Images

Old 06-04-2015, 12:45 PM   #11
Scorpion Sports OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Look! The EXO-900X can be used as a 3/4 helmet too (peak visor optional)
Attached Images

Old 06-04-2015, 01:44 PM   #12
eff naked teeth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
I did like my EXO-700 and my wife liked her EXO-400 when the Scorpion line seemed newer to the market. All the new models since then have been fairly impressive. I don't do much street riding/touring currently, but was mentioned earlier, an adventure/dual sport helmet that can support wearing goggles without having to remove the street screen would be awesome. I'm currently using a Gmax helmet and it is pretty sweet to be able get to the trail and just put the goggles on without fussing with anything. Then when I get back the street I can just flip the screen down over the goggles if I want more air protection without stopping to pull the goggles off.
eff naked teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 02:49 PM   #13
Scorpion Sports OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff naked teeth View Post
I did like my EXO-700 and my wife liked her EXO-400 when the Scorpion line seemed newer to the market. All the new models since then have been fairly impressive. I don't do much street riding/touring currently, but was mentioned earlier, an adventure/dual sport helmet that can support wearing goggles without having to remove the street screen would be awesome. I'm currently using a Gmax helmet and it is pretty sweet to be able get to the trail and just put the goggles on without fussing with anything. Then when I get back the street I can just flip the screen down over the goggles if I want more air protection without stopping to pull the goggles off.
Thank you for the kind words and the suggestion.
This will be shared with the engineers at the factory (and any other that come our way via this thread.)
Old 06-04-2015, 06:16 PM   #14
s1marks
Mercedes

Oddometer: 649
Let me put in another vote for Scorpion to make a quality Dual Sport helmet. I really don't understand why one is missing form your lineup. I've owned 2 EXO-400's and an EXO-700, really good helmets that are very comfortable at their price points. You occupy (this is my opinion) a niche that is between the super high prices of Arai and Shoei and a notable notch above the cheaper helmet brands.

For Dual Sport helmets the options seem to be AFX, Bilt, MSR, Fly, Gmax, Speed and Strength at the lower end and then almost nothing in between until you hit Arai or Shoei. (yes I know I missed a dew brands in that list) Why not plug this gap just like your do with the rest of your helmets? Please!

Thanks for listening S1

s1marks screwed with this post 06-04-2015 at 06:16 PM Reason: I can't spell
s1marks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:49 PM   #15
Scorpion Sports OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1marks View Post
Let me put in another vote for Scorpion to make a quality Dual Sport helmet. I really don't understand why one is missing form your lineup. I've owned 2 EXO-400's and an EXO-700, really good helmets that are very comfortable at their price points. You occupy (this is my opinion) a niche that is between the super high prices of Arai and Shoei and a notable notch above the cheaper helmet brands.

For Dual Sport helmets the options seem to be AFX, Bilt, MSR, Fly, Gmax, Speed and Strength at the lower end and then almost nothing in between until you hit Arai or Shoei. (yes I know I missed a dew brands in that list) Why not plug this gap just like your do with the rest of your helmets? Please!

Thanks for listening S1
Thanks for sharing S1. The factory will be considering your remarks.