ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 11:32 PM   #316
RestlessRider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Palouse
Oddometer: 203
Hi Mike,

I am considering the Kriega Overlander 60 system for my KLX250. Will the mounting fit 5/8" round tubing?
http://www.happy-trail.com/KLX250S/S...k-KLX250S.aspx

Or 3/4" square tubing?
http://www.happy-trail.com/KLX250S/S...k-KLX250S.aspx

Thanks!
RestlessRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #317
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak
 
amanlikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: The Big Easy.
Oddometer: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestlessRider View Post
Hi Mike,

I am considering the Kriega Overlander 60 system for my KLX250. Will the mounting fit 5/8" round tubing?
http://www.happy-trail.com/KLX250S/S...k-KLX250S.aspx

Or 3/4" square tubing?
http://www.happy-trail.com/KLX250S/S...k-KLX250S.aspx

Thanks!
Hi Restless,

I'm sorry to say that the Overlander ADV platforms currently only fit 18mm (a little wider than 5/8") round tubed, rectangular 'hoop' frames, such as those made by Touratech, Metal Mule and KTM Powerparts. I know that Dom is working on cam clamps to fit Hepco & Becker and possibly a couple of other brands at the moment, but they will all be for round tubes of varying diameters. I don't have date on when they might be available, but I'll be sure to post it up here as soon as they are.

Alternatively - depending on whether you have already got the racks, or not - the the frameless fit Overlander 30 set-up might work out very well for you. With an optional US Drypack (5 to 30 liters) on the tail, you could still get anything up to the same capacity as the Overlander 60 on the bike without any metalwork whatsoever and for quite a bit less cash.

Either way, please feel free to PM me a contact number and I'll be happy to call and go through the options in greater detail if you wish.


Cheers,



Michael
__________________
'Ave it.

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #318
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak
 
amanlikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: The Big Easy.
Oddometer: 894
Thumb Call To Action!

Chaps!

Just a heads-up that our mate, Ryan Frazier (shown getting it all squirrely below), is captaining Team USA in this year's GS Trophy, way down south of the border. He and two other top lads all chose Kriega gear to keep them rolling. For the next few days we've got a chance to help them grab some extra points by voting for them in the photo competition. So, if you get chance have a click here and lend some support: http://bit.ly/USdo5m

And if you want to keep up with their progress, we're posting updates on the Kriega USA Facebook page too.



P.S. This isn't the photo in question, but it is bad-ass too!
__________________
'Ave it.

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #319
traveltoad
Aaron S
 
traveltoad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: San Fernando Valley
Oddometer: 6,565
Hey Michael, do you carry the larger Rotopax (2 or 3 gal) as well?
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #320
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak
 
amanlikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: The Big Easy.
Oddometer: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveltoad View Post
Hey Michael, do you carry the larger Rotopax (2 or 3 gal) as well?
Hi mate,

Nope! Just the ones that work with the Overlander ADV platforms. You can grab the 2-gall' ones direct from RotopaX.
__________________
'Ave it.

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:45 PM   #321
RestlessRider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Palouse
Oddometer: 203
Hi Mike:

No worries, now get cracking on the other models :-)
I liked the Overlander-30 but I am not sure if a pillion can fit with this setup though.
Would 3/4"- 19mm possibly work?

Cheers,
Restless


Quote:
Originally Posted by amanlikemike View Post
Hi Restless,

I'm sorry to say that the Overlander ADV platforms currently only fit 18mm (a little wider than 5/8") round tubed, rectangular 'hoop' frames, such as those made by Touratech, Metal Mule and KTM Powerparts. I know that Dom is working on cam clamps to fit Hepco & Becker and possibly a couple of other brands at the moment, but they will all be for round tubes of varying diameters. I don't have date on when they might be available, but I'll be sure to post it up here as soon as they are.

Alternatively - depending on whether you have already got the racks, or not - the the frameless fit Overlander 30 set-up might work out very well for you. With an optional US Drypack (5 to 30 liters) on the tail, you could still get anything up to the same capacity as the Overlander 60 on the bike without any metalwork whatsoever and for quite a bit less cash.

Either way, please feel free to PM me a contact number and I'll be happy to call and go through the options in greater detail if you wish.


Cheers,



Michael
RestlessRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:40 AM   #322
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak
 
amanlikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: The Big Easy.
Oddometer: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestlessRider View Post
Hi Mike:

No worries, now get cracking on the other models :-)
I liked the Overlander-30 but I am not sure if a pillion can fit with this setup though.
Would 3/4"- 19mm possibly work?

Cheers,
Restless
We're on it!

19mm *might* fit, depending on the other dimensions of the frame 'hoops'. If you want to post up a photo or link to the racks you're considering, I'll check for you. But, as I said, at this stage only 18mm are guaranteed to work perfectly.


Cheers,



Michael
__________________
'Ave it.

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:11 AM   #323
traveltoad
Aaron S
 
traveltoad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: San Fernando Valley
Oddometer: 6,565
Thanks to my Kriega US10 I had nice dry clothes all weekend long...
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:20 AM   #324
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Cloverdale
Oddometer: 1,112
Michael;

I got a nice big box in the post, thank you.
Everything looks in order and very nice indeed.
No time yet to install things, but the one thing I did do was try on the backpacks..........and my first impression was.........Where did they go????

The harness somehow made the backpacks feel like they disappeared! Wow......what a difference to what I have been using!!

Thanks again
__________________
HP2 Sport, R1200S, R100S, KTM 640 Adventure, KTM 520 EXC/Motard, Yamaha RZ350, Hodaka 125 Wombat
Droptarotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:38 AM   #325
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak
 
amanlikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: The Big Easy.
Oddometer: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droptarotter View Post
Michael;

I got a nice big box in the post, thank you.
Everything looks in order and very nice indeed.
No time yet to install things, but the one thing I did do was try on the backpacks..........and my first impression was.........Where did they go????

The harness somehow made the backpacks feel like they disappeared! Wow......what a difference to what I have been using!!

Thanks again
Yup! Experienced the same epiphany when I got my first Kriega pack all those years ago.

Glad you're digging the gear.


Cheers,



Michael
__________________
'Ave it.

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #326
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak
 
amanlikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: The Big Easy.
Oddometer: 894
New Product Alert!

Now shipping our all-new Forcefield CE Level 2 Back Protector Inserts...



Two sizes available to fit all past and current Kriega backpacks. Ideal for day-today use, not to mention this kind of thing:



Just thought you might like to know.


More here info, if you want it: http://blog.kriega.us/use-the-force/. And as always, don not hesitate to post up any questions you may have.


Cheers!



Michael
__________________
'Ave it.

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #327
Boondox
Travels With Barley
 
Boondox's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: North Central Vermont
Oddometer: 2,876
Got my care package today: US30, US10 and US5. Looks like the 30 fit, barely, but they sure are well-made!

One question: Any chance of buying a couple spare alloy hooks? Losing one far from home would be a PITA...and Barley is a retriever. He has prior offenses in retrieving, then dropping in some out of the way place, critical bits of kit.
__________________
I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com
Boondox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #328
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak
 
amanlikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: The Big Easy.
Oddometer: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
Got my care package today: US30, US10 and US5. Looks like the 30 fit, barely, but they sure are well-made!

One question: Any chance of buying a couple spare alloy hooks? Losing one far from home would be a PITA...and Barley is a retriever. He has prior offenses in retrieving, then dropping in some out of the way place, critical bits of kit.
Glad it's all worked out so far.

We do offer spare sets of Alloy Hook Straps for $35 here: http://www.kriega.us/us-bag-alloy-hook-straps/. But I have a pack I've already split kicking around, so I can send you a couple if you like.

Let me know whether you'd like to purchase a full set, or whether a couple of freebies will do the job for now.


Cheers,


Michael
__________________
'Ave it.

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #329
traveltoad
Aaron S
 
traveltoad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: San Fernando Valley
Oddometer: 6,565
Looks like a great product Michael!

It looks like it could also be used as a makeshift splint if needed... What do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanlikemike View Post
Now shipping our all-new Forcefield CE Level 2 Back Protector Inserts...



Two sizes available to fit all past and current Kriega backpacks. Ideal for day-today use, not to mention this kind of thing:



Just thought you might like to know.


More here info, if you want it: http://blog.kriega.us/use-the-force/. And as always, don not hesitate to post up any questions you may have.


Cheers!



Michael
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:56 PM   #330
HOSS77
Adventurer
 
HOSS77's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Oddometer: 20
Placed an order on Monday and got my stuff today. It all looks outstanding, Merry Christmas to me! Thanks
HOSS77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014