Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2012, 12:37 AM   #31
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 791
And of course I will buy the bags from you when the time comes!!
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!
ballisticexchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:37 AM   #32
BigOhio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 473
Interested in picking up a small back pack for day trips in order to hold a few tools and water. Problem is that I am about 6' 4" with a 52" chest and have had problems finding something that fits around me. Does Kriega offer anything that would fit?
Old 04-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #33
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballisticexchris View Post
Hey there Michael, Now I see!! Those rack loops are way cool! Thanks for posting pics of those. When I take delivery of my Beta( about a month and a half) I'm going to set it up with a US 5 on each side. I really did not like the idea of using "footman loops" for mounting small soft bags. I am thinking the rack loops would make it doable.

I have been looking for something that does not go across my seat when doing hardcore single track. I like the modular setup. I could use the US 10 as a tailbag and simply strap it to a R15 backpack when the going gets rough.

I will post lots of pics when I get it setup!

Here is the basic bike:

And with a rear enduro rack:

Thanks again for all the detailed pics of your products!
Hey Chris,

First off; congrats on the new bike! Those Betas are super trick!

To answer your query: the US-5 are designed as bolt-on fender packs (2 x M4 bolts per strap drilled directly into the bike panels: full instructions here) for hardcore dual sport riding. And as you say, a pair can also be side-slung as shown in the 'Twin Pack' section of this page: http://www.kriega.us/us5-motorcycle-...ag-fenderpack/. Be aware that the US-5 is a minimal pack, generally used for carrying only the essentials e.g. spare tubes, tools, waterproofs, medical supplies etc. Each one has 5 liters of storage (approx. 305 cubic inches), so whether they are right for you depends on what you need to carry.

The new Rack Loop mounting system is also designed for hardcore off-road riding, so you don't need to worry about it causing any issues, regardless of what size US pack (10, 20 or 30-liter) you mount using them. Rack Loops were developed to allow dirt bike riders to carry bigger packs securely. They are not necessary for the US-5, but will work with them. However, the distance you'd need to drill the holes for the Rack Loops would vary between the US-5 and the other US packs (the US-10 through 30 will all fit the same Rack Loop position), on account of it being a significantly smaller pack.

Also, Rack Loops were not intended to be used for side mounting. Neither were the US-10, 20 or 30. Rack Loops be fine for US-5s, but bigger packs require more support / security and a different design to our US packs, which is why the Overlander bags were developed. If you want to side mount anything bigger than a pair of US-5s, it's be best to take a look at the Overlander 30. That said, any of our US packs could be securely fitted to your Enduro rack, or fitted using Rack Loops drilled into your rear fender.

So, based on what you have told me, it sounds like this is the equipment you might want:

• 2 x US-5 (no additional mounting gear required, other than the bolts, which are available at any hardware store etc)
  • 1 x US-10 tail pack (comes with Alloy Hook Straps included)
  • 1 x Rack Loops (set of 4 - due for release imminently - precise date tbc)
  • 1 x R15 backpack (US-10 can be attached to it easily, but this is not really necessary when rack mounted using the included Alloy Hook Straps on the US-10, or fender mounted with Rack Loops)
And - if I may be so bold - by the sound of it, a Hydrapak hydration system for the R15, might come in useful too!

Hope that helps, but feel free to give me a shout (post on here, email info@kriega.us or call 504.872.9367) if you need any more info.

All the best,

Michael

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread

amanlikemike screwed with this post 04-30-2012 at 11:49 AM
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:44 AM   #34
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOhio View Post
Interested in picking up a small back pack for day trips in order to hold a few tools and water. Problem is that I am about 6' 4" with a 52" chest and have had problems finding something that fits around me. Does Kriega offer anything that would fit?
Hey Big!

The Kriega R15 (http://www.kriega.us/r15-motorcycle-backpack/) or R20 (http://www.kriega.us/r20-motorcycle-backpack/) should be a great fit (possibly with the optional Hydrapak hydration system which can hold 3L of fluid in a far more space efficient, convenient and comfortable configuration than bottles: http://www.kriega.us/hydrapak-3l-res...cle-hydration/).

They both (along with the significantly bigger R30) have an adjustable upper harness, which enables you to incrementally lengthen the straps to a size that is comfortable for you and can easily accommodate riders of pretty much all shapes and sizes.

Hope that helps, but do let me know if you would like any further info.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 04-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #35
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer

Hey there Michael, Thanks for the quick reply. The US 5's will be perfect for my application as they will be used as you say (for spare tools and tidbits). The overlander 30's look to be a great option for hardcore overnight campouts!

Thanks again
Chris
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!
Old 05-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #36
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer

Hi again Michael, I just ordered a pair of US 5 bags to get me started. Compliments of my wonderful girlfriend Carol! I will be getting more stuff over the next few months.

I'll show them mounted on my Beta.
Thank you
Chris
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!
Old 05-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #37
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballisticexchris View Post
Hi again Michael, I just ordered a pair of US 5 bags to get me started. Compliments of my wonderful girlfriend Carol! I will be getting more stuff over the next few months.

I'll show them mounted on my Beta.
Thank you
Chris
Sounds good, Chris. Also, sounds like you have quite a woman there!

Your order shipped today - you should have a tracking number by now.

Thanks for choosing Kriega. Do not hesitate to post, email or call I can be any further assistance. And I really look forward to seeing how good those bags look on your tasty new Beta.

All the best,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 05-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #38
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanlikemike View Post
Sounds good, Chris. Also, sounds like you have quite a woman there!

Your order shipped today - you should have a tracking number by now.

Thanks for choosing Kriega. Do not hesitate to post, email or call I can be any further assistance. And I really look forward to seeing how good those bags look on your tasty new Beta.

All the best,

Michael

Me too! I should take delivery of it in a few weeks.
Thank you Michael
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!
Old 05-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #39
jimmydeanh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Michael-

Is any of the Overlander stuff available yet???

I ended up buying that rack I posted on page 2 of this thread. I was thinking instead of two 15s that I might run a US-30 on one side...and wandered if there is a "toughness" difference with the new 15s coming out? Then run an LDPE on the other side with RotoPax (fuel) and maybe a 15. I realize the first LDPEs will be for 18mm and my rack is 19mm but I can mod it to fit....unless you have a date for when new LDPE's will be out.

*edit~ just read the answer to one of my questions "Therefore, the 15L Overlander Drypacks are significantly different to the US packs, being made from heavy duty 1000D Cordura with reinforced backs (to maintain their shape) and stainless steel eyelets for the alloy attachment hardware. "
Our Montana Adventure 2009

What I ride:
2010 KTM SM-T (AKA the Tard)
2011 KTM 350 SX-F (AKA KaTyM)
2006 Speed Triple (AKA the BAMF)
1981 Blonde (AKA Yummy)

jimmydeanh screwed with this post 05-10-2012 at 09:49 PM
jimmydeanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:42 PM   #40
Kainic
Almost there

Oddometer: 379
Overlander, when and how much?
Kainic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:48 AM   #41
jlpred
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
He posted earlier it would be $299. Now for the "when" part..
jlpred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #42
Nut Clutch
was Steve Lavigne

Oddometer: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanlikemike View Post

I'll be calling you tomorrow to reserve a set of these. These things are slick!
Old 05-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #43
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainic View Post
Overlander, when and how much?
Hey Kainic,

Sorry for the delay in responding - for some reason I didn't get a notification that you'd posted...

Price on the Overlander 30 is $299. Overlander 60 comes in at $795. I've just had confirmation that my initial shipment of all the new Dual Sport gear should be ready to leave the UK, bound for my warehouse in Georgia, in the next few days. Transit time over the Atlantic is generally around five business days, but this is dependent on how efficient customs are at that time. Once, they make it across the border, it'll take my warehouse around a day to receive, situate and organize it all, ready for outbound shipping. So - all being well - it's looking like we'll be getting it out there towards the back-end of the first week of June.

My initial shipment should be just enough to meet demand for the first month, with a further, larger shipment following hot on its heels, that should provide availability for the remainder of the year. So, I'm aiming to have our website updated in the next few days, so that folks can pre-order to reserve stock. I'll let you know as soon as that happens.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 05-23-2012, 10:29 AM   #44
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydeanh View Post
Michael-

Is any of the Overlander stuff available yet???

I ended up buying that rack I posted on page 2 of this thread. I was thinking instead of two 15s that I might run a US-30 on one side...and wandered if there is a "toughness" difference with the new 15s coming out? Then run an LDPE on the other side with RotoPax (fuel) and maybe a 15. I realize the first LDPEs will be for 18mm and my rack is 19mm but I can mod it to fit....unless you have a date for when new LDPE's will be out.

*edit~ just read the answer to one of my questions "Therefore, the 15L Overlander Drypacks are significantly different to the US packs, being made from heavy duty 1000D Cordura with reinforced backs (to maintain their shape) and stainless steel eyelets for the alloy attachment hardware. "
Hey Jimmy,

Check out my post above for probably release dates. And yeah - as you noted - there is a difference in the pack design. Various configurations of bags, cans and platforms are possible.

But you will need an 18mm frame - the brands I have confirmation that the first batches of ADV platforms will fit are Touratech, KTM, Metal Mule or Power Parts, which all share the same dimensions. The cam lever attachment system is very precise and will only work on racks of a set size and shape. I don't have any news on when the alternative mounting hardware to suit popular brands of 19mm might be available, but I'll let you know as soon as I do.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 05-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #45
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Lavigne View Post
I'll be calling you tomorrow to reserve a set of these. These things are slick!
Hey Steve,

Hope you're enjoying your new Hydro-3 and US-10.

And yeah, seeing as I didn't actually design the things, I can say without any hint of self-satisfaction, that: YUP! Indeed they are!

So simple, but so clever and beautifully made. I'm thinking of fitting a couple to my desk, as well as the bike, just so I can spin 'em around while I work...

BritKit LLC