ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
little john OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,051
R4R 2012 edition

well its offical, we have our web site updated, and the new sign up info posted! everything is ready to sign up for the WI Dual Sport Riders --- Ride for Research in Wonderful Wabeno WI- Dual Sport Capitol of the World!!!!

This year has the potential to be extra special, over the last 6 years we have raised about $78,000 that has been donated to the Carbone Cancer Center. This year we are setting the bar as high as we can reach. we would like to break the $100,000 mark. So some of our sponsors have made some very nice things available as incentinves to the participants that raise the most money . A $400.00 Klim certificate from Country Motorsports, a Moose Expidition suit from Advanced Landspeed are the top 2 of 4 and everyone that raises over $250. will be thrown into a drawing to win a Trek Mamba mtn bike.

besides all this feel good stuff we will be riding some great routes with some new areas and lots of fun places everyone enjoys and comments on everytime we use it. Saturday we will be stopping for lunch at Goodman park before reclaiming some trail we havent uesd in a couple years. Dinner sat night will be a pulled pork pig out, raffles, pit fire, or downtown for a night of foolishness with the Roopra Lab. stop at www.widualsportriders.org to sign up.

I hope you can make it up to enjoy this event with us.
See YOU in Wabeno!! little john
little john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #2
Cannonshot
Having a Nice Time

Oddometer: 18,745
A great event!!!
Old 04-04-2012, 07:01 AM   #3
little john OP
Beastly Adventurer

thanks Bryan! Also thank you for you help with what we wanted to improve the new route to. just stinks we couldnt make it work...yet
Old 04-04-2012, 09:55 AM   #4
rcniss
Not that way!!

Oddometer: 392
Looking forward to the club work weekends. Hope I can actually make one again this year.
rcniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #5
little john OP
Beastly Adventurer

I hope you can too . with all the spring we have already had this year I'm betting there is going to be a butt load of stuff to be wacked... thats ok cuase then there will be a buttload of beer and food to consume when we are done.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #6
Dan888
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 410
Hey LJ ,
Roughly speaking, how long will it be before the online registration is up and running??
You mentioned last fall, that you were maybe going to change things up and run more miles and less hero type stuff. What kind of a route did you guys end up laying out?
I'm assuming roll charts will still be available. yes?
Can't wait for the ride!
Thanks to the WIDSR's for all their hard work.
Dan
Dan888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:58 AM   #7
Moose Dog
Trouble maker

Oddometer: 3,192
Count me in.
75' CB125S
02' CRF50
Moose Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:46 AM   #8
little john OP
Beastly Adventurer

We had a really cool route set up by Cannon shot, but to impliment it the fees from the USFS would have been in the $3500.-$5000. range! so we went back to something simular to what we had last year, we will have the 2 hero sections we were able to get back last fall out in the Silver Cliff area, and some new trails/2 track to avoid running county hwy F all the way to the ski hill in Lakewood. we are also planning to reclaim that nice big chunk of 2 track where the single lane m/c bridge was. so yes some changes (still all the hero sections!) but not as wild as we had wanted to try.. hopefully Cannon can post the proposed route and guys could ride it on their own. the stupid / agervating part is everything we asked to use was on the muvm and open to bikes, but when we use it as a group it needs to be inspected prior and after as well as permitted, which costs a butt load in the end.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:48 AM   #9
little john OP
Beastly Adventurer

registration should be up and running, if you have issues trying it give me a yell so we can work out the last of the kinks quickly. thanks lj
Old 04-05-2012, 07:04 AM   #10
Cannonshot
Having a Nice Time

Oddometer: 18,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by little john View Post
We had a really cool route set up by Cannon shot, but to impliment it the fees from the USFS would have been in the $3500.-$5000. range! so we went back to something simular to what we had last year, we will have the 2 hero sections we were able to get back last fall out in the Silver Cliff area, and some new trails/2 track to avoid running county hwy F all the way to the ski hill in Lakewood. we are also planning to reclaim that nice big chunk of 2 track where the single lane m/c bridge was. so yes some changes (still all the hero sections!) but not as wild as we had wanted to try.. hopefully Cannon can post the proposed route and guys could ride it on their own. the stupid / agervating part is everything we asked to use was on the muvm and open to bikes, but when we use it as a group it needs to be inspected prior and after as well as permitted, which costs a butt load in the end.
South of Wabeno DS Ride

One caution though is that if anyone rides this before or after a WDSR event in Wabeno, you are riding it as an individual and not as part of the event. The club can't furnish you the tracks or info as part of the event as they don't have a permit to use the route as part of an organized event. You need to download the tracks yourself. If you talk to anyone about riding these tracks, please let them know that you are doing something on your own not related to the event as people don't need any misunderstandings. The east loop (three track segments - 153 miles) is my favorite of the two days of riding in the file. Watch for the seasonal and temporary closures on the track for which go-arounds are included.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #11
Dan888
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks LJ, Sounds like we could all ride Cannons route at the same time, but just not as a "group"

I just looked, and the online registration still doesn't seem to be working. (Unless I'm looking in the wrong spot.)

Dan
Old 04-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #12
little john OP
Beastly Adventurer

oK,, I eff'ed up! miss read the e-mail the said we would be going live saturday/sunday I assumed it ment we were live last saturday not this coming sunday. good news is you can do the hard copy send it in thing right now, or wait a few days and do it on line then. lj
Old 04-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #13
little john OP
Beastly Adventurer

OK the online is up and running!!! yee ha !!! see you in wabeno. lj
Old 04-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #14
Dan888
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
OK the online is up and running!!! yee ha !!! see you in wabeno. lj
All in. Thanks LJ

Old 04-07-2012, 06:57 AM   #15
Moose Dog
Trouble maker

Oddometer: 3,192
Hey Dan 888

If your doing Wabeno you should look me up, I'll have my camper up there Friday and set-up by the fire pit.
75' CB125S
02' CRF50
Moose Dog is offline   Reply With Quote