Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2012, 03:47 AM   #31
DesertStrom
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
I dont have a vacuum-type Scottoiler, but the eSystem.

Oiling tied to a chain speed is not a bad idea, but could be quite complicated. You've another variables -- the amount of dust and especially.. the water.

With eSystem you can easily alter the flow rate according the conditions:

also.. it does have a movement detector -- so it doesnt oil when you're standing... in reality it starts above 20-50km/h
Oiling tied to chain-speed is not complicated at all, already exists for years.
The other variables you're talking about, dust and water, do exist with a Scott-oiler as well, or does the Scott let it stop raining as soon as you switch it on?
When it becomes wet or dusty simply adjust the oil-rate with a few tabs on the controller-box. Existing technology which is new for Scott-oilers since the introduction of their e-system.

Further, if the oil-rate is tied to chain-speed, you don't need a movement detector as it always supplies as required, not only at speeds above 20-50 km/h

To be short: Scott-oilers are crap as they are tied to speed/movement.

Proper oilers are tied to chain-speed, (which is complicated in your opinion although this already exists for years, even way before Scott came out with their e-system).

So I don't really understand why you heavily try to promote the Scot-oiler as there are better products available. You're not a Scott-distributor by any chance?
DesertStrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:00 AM   #32
Hicks OP
der Überluber

Oddometer: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertStrom View Post
Oiling tied to chain-speed is not complicated at all, already exists for years.
The other variables you're talking about, dust and water, do exist with a Scott-oiler as well, or does the Scott let it stop raining as soon as you switch it on?
When it becomes wet or dusty simply adjust the oil-rate with a few tabs on the controller-box. Existing technology which is new for Scott-oilers since the introduction of their e-system.

Further, if the oil-rate is tied to chain-speed, you don't need a movement detector as it always supplies as required, not only at speeds above 20-50 km/h

To be short: Scott-oilers are crap as they are tied to speed/movement.

Proper oilers are tied to chain-speed, (which is complicated in your opinion although this already exists for years, even way before Scott came out with their e-system).

So I don't really understand why you heavily try to promote the Scot-oiler as there are better products available. You're not a Scott-distributor by any chance?
DS.. to say that a Scottoiler, even eSystem, is a crap because it does not tie the oiling period to the chain speed is really an extremism.

It works WELL with the current setup, co WHY to complicate the stuff?

If you got a better oiler with good-looking display, reasonable reservoir & price, good service.. post it here, I'm interested.

---

btw: I'm a satisfied Scottoiler customer and a frequent forum flamewars participant.. could it be worse?
Old 04-06-2012, 04:46 AM   #33
DesertStrom
Adventurer

Quote:
DS.. to say that a Scottoiler, even eSystem, is a crap because it does not tie the oiling period to the chain speed is really an extremism.

It works WELL with the current setup, co WHY to complicate the stuff?

If you got a better oiler with good-looking display, reasonable reservoir & price, good service.. post it here, I'm interested.

---

btw: I'm a satisfied Scottoiler customer and a frequent forum flamewars participant.. could it be worse?
You keep on saying that it is complicated, but for everybody who is able to change a chain or maintain the tyre-pressure it is not a challenge at all.

But the reason I want to change a setup that works WELL, is because I want a setup that works PERFECT.

Funny you mention the display of the e-system, as this is not waterproof. Yes I admit it looks nice, but where I come from it only counts when it's waterproof.

If you would have used Google before you purchased your system, one of your hits would have been the Pro-Oiler. A system which supplies oil depending on chain-speed, with a nice waterproof display and about $ 90 cheaper than the Scot-oiler (for US customers, $ 66 cheaper for Europeans). Installation took about 2 hrs, this includes the programming and the beer. Not sure how you define a reservoir being reasonable, but it's a white plastic bottle, you can order any size you want and it doesn't leak. No complaints about their service.

I don't want to promote the Pro-Oiler in any way, for sure better systems became available since I've bought mine, but it leaves a Scott-oiler far beyond.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:37 AM   #34
Hicks OP
der Überluber

Pro-Oiler?

you cant be serious :) I'm busy at the moment.. will tear down your arguments on the evening...
Old 04-06-2012, 06:29 AM   #35
DesertStrom
Adventurer

Quote:
Pro-Oiler?

you cant be serious :) I'm busy at the moment.. will tear down your arguments on the evening...
So far the pro-oiler beats ALL your arguments for the Scott-oiler so I am pretty curious what new arguments you'll come up with.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:42 AM   #36
Unstable Rider
Beans n brats

Oddometer: 2,304
This is fricken hilarious.

I feel an urge to wrap my home in saran wrap and duck tape suddenly.

But you guys indeed are rock stars. Let's rate some condoms after this topic.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:26 AM   #37
NCD
Dirty Hairy

Oddometer: 433

Costs about $5. Bottle good for about 6000 miles of mixed use. Takes :15 to apply.
NCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #38
Olvi
Ice Butt

Oddometer: 98
Just been laughing my ass out on this topic

Quote:
Pro-Oiler?

Well, this got my attention. Will definitely wait for your reply .
Old 04-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #39
señormoto
Supermoto Abuser

Oddometer: 1,110
Quote:
there is a difference between your homotrips, where everyone has it's own bike... and traveling with girls ;)

I do also expect that you can't even unpack the tent, so the hotel is your solution, right?

not to even talk about cold and below-freezing temperatures.. :P

---

Hix tenting in Andorra, below 0 temp:
Oh good, you're proving a lot about yourself via all the assumptions you're making:
1. you're homophobic, usually the sign of latent homoerotic fixations and desires
2. you're concerned about the size of your penis; most men that are confident in themselves don't need to resort to penis measuring unless they just really love dicks
3. you're obsessed with lube and auto-lubing devices
3. you suck at researching user profiles, otherwise you'd have seen pics of my moto trips in cold weather and maybe if you were really good at internet profiling you could have found videos from some of my ice climbing and mountaineering trips, so your comments about tents and hotels are obviously foolish.

Btw, that pic of your sub-zero camping looks more like you setup your tent in the backyard of a suburb somewhere. Nothing about that picture looks cold, uncomfortable, or roughing it at all. Rather poor example of your supposed hardcore experiences with moto touring.

How's your evangelizing going? Get anyone that actually wants to use this product you're pushing? Yeah, I didn't think so.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #40
Dano7619
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Very Green for Sub Zero

Stationed in some cold places with the military, but never below zero with green grass and leaves on trees. Guess it's possible, just unusual.
Dano7619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #41
Casejeep
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by señormoto View Post
Oh good, you're proving a lot about yourself via all the assumptions you're making:
1. you're homophobic, usually the sign of latent homoerotic fixations and desires
2. you're concerned about the size of your penis; most men that are confident in themselves don't need to resort to penis measuring unless they just really love dicks
3. you suck at researching user profiles, otherwise you'd have seen pics of my moto trips in cold weather and maybe if you were really good at internet profiling you could have found videos from some of my ice climbing and mountaineering trips, so your comments about tents and hotels are obviously foolish.

Btw, that pic of your sub-zero camping looks more like you setup your tent in the backyard of a suburb somewhere. Nothing about that picture looks cold, uncomfortable, or roughing it at all. Rather poor example of your supposed hardcore experiences with moto touring.

How's your evangelizing going? Get anyone that actually wants to use this product you're pushing? Yeah, I didn't think so.
Damn Matt,
Laying down the law all up in here! things just got REAL!
Old 04-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #42
señormoto
Supermoto Abuser

Oddometer: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano7619 View Post
Stationed in some cold places with the military, but never below zero with green grass and leaves on trees. Guess it's possible, just unusual.
I think it's because he is referring to 0C, not 0F. 0C is not very cold at all - but I agree that even with consistent 0C you don't get lush green grass unless it's an odd cold front that came through quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casejeep View Post
Damn Matt,
Laying down the law all up in here! things just got REAL!
All in good fun!
Old 04-07-2012, 02:41 AM   #43
Hicks OP
der Überluber

Quote:
Originally Posted by niñamoto View Post
I dont care into what you put your stick in... but in general, you've questioned why I did buy a 800GS and RECOMMENDED absolutely IMPRACTICAL solutions such as 800R and ST ;)

And yes.. I call a boys-only trips as homotrips all the time.

Your responses clearly illustrated that you have not much experience with travelling with a female passenger.

Quote:
the way how you've responded to my post -- which clearly ignored you at the first place -- were MUCH in a cock-measuring style...so what you expect.

Quote:
oh yes.. OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE LUBING DISORDER (OCLD). I though you did not notice ;)

Quote:
you're not hot enough to stalk your profile ;)

Quote:
You're the last person on earth I want to convince... so I couldnt care less.

Quote:
I'm still waiting for a brochure from Scottoiler what to do with neanderthal audience

Hicks screwed with this post 04-07-2012 at 03:29 AM
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:42 AM   #44
Hicks OP
der Überluber

Quote:
I think it's because he is referring to 0C, not 0F. 0C is not very cold at all - but I agree that even with consistent 0C you don't get lush green grass unless it's an odd cold front that came through quickly.
I know that you're not good in that knowledge stuff... but green grass survives PERFECTLY slight below-zero temperatures.

When it's really cold I'm not in the mood of taking a photos :)
Old 04-07-2012, 02:46 AM   #45
Hicks OP
der Überluber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano7619 View Post
it was a May in Andorra... below-zero (Celsius!) temperature only during the nigh and rhrough the morning.