ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 06:40 PM   #211
okiegtrider
Studly Adventurer
 
okiegtrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Oddometer: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlr View Post
But as always we don't know the half of what goes on behind the garge doors..
I think we just got a peek into the garage:


'I cannot ride this Ducati' declares Valentino Rossi after Qatar MotoGP struggle

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98678
okiegtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:42 PM   #212
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter
 
dontlr's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Queen Creek AZ - Its a dry heat
Oddometer: 2,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by okiegtrider View Post
I think we just got a peek into the garage:


'I cannot ride this Ducati' declares Valentino Rossi after Qatar MotoGP struggle

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98678
More than a peek
dontlr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #213
Skowinski
Chordate
 
Skowinski's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Mojave Desert
Oddometer: 4,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by okiegtrider View Post
I think we just got a peek into the garage:


'I cannot ride this Ducati' declares Valentino Rossi after Qatar MotoGP struggle

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98678
Wow, that is incredibly negative.
__________________

"Nature never hurries, yet everything is accomplished."
- Lao Tsu


In memory of Nika: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=990697
Skowinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #214
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.
 
BOOTLACE's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Methane Central..(Sth Gippsland)
Oddometer: 3,682
Sook.
__________________
bootlace
BOOTLACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #215
sprocketjock
Studly Adventurer
 
sprocketjock's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Oddometer: 801
It's odd to see Vale so negative,its the first time in his career hes had to deal with fighting for 10th position so its understandable i'd say.It will be interesting to see what comes to be in the coming months,he's well aware the history book is wide open.It's hard to imagine him going to wsbk next season but really if hes going to stay on two wheels where else can he go? Gresini? Regardless I imagine it won't surprise anyone if he isn't a factory Ducati rider in '13. Not quite the Italian dream team.It'd be nice to see Rossi/Biaggi battles again..better yet if they were factory Aprillia riders
sprocketjock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #216
Closed Casket
Suicidal, but a nice guy.
 
Closed Casket's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Pac NorthWet
Oddometer: 798
I don't blame Rossi - they've had over a year to fix this and can't. WTF? All the state of the art computers and Italian passion for not being willing to be an also ran with the GOAT, AGAIN, this season did NOTHING? They do not look any better off than they did all last year. Good on Nicky for scrapping together a decent result but still not where he needs to be. I hope for his sake he moves to a better team / bike next year. Maybe the Tech III slot that Dovi will vacate once he move's into Ben's spot if Ben doesn't improve?

Spies was a total mystery but I woundn't write him off - it's obvious that Yamaha is BACK given HorHay's performance today. Still to be almost caught by Colin on the CRT Suter Beemer must be demoralizing.

Bradl was awesome in 6th for most of the race and will be exciting to watch. Easy rookie of the year.

I still see Stoner taking it all this year but Jorge and Pedrobot are going to give him a run for his money every race.

Moto 2 was incredible, and I don't think Marquez's move was harsh at all, it's not like he pushed him off line, he just held it. And as much as I like Luthi, he should be fined for hitting Markie Marq on the cool down lap. That was just BS.

Maverick was flawless, it's his season to lose. Such a huge future in front of him. And Fenati! Where did he come from?? Fantastic job!

Can't wait for Jerez!
__________________
Still plays with motorcycles....

2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio
Closed Casket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #217
Dagofast
Full giggety ahead.
 
Dagofast's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Arizona
Oddometer: 1,693
I can't wait to see what Jinx christens the GP12. What's even slower than a Turnip Truck?
Dagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:58 PM   #218
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter
 
dontlr's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Queen Creek AZ - Its a dry heat
Oddometer: 2,696
@eugenelaverty: This time Marquez wasn't out of order. When someone overtakes you + closes the door shortly before braking you should always brake early.
dontlr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #219
xtop20A
Banned
 
xtop20A's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: grants ass oregon, er, pass
Oddometer: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagofast View Post
I can't wait to see what Jinx christens the GP12. What's even slower than a Turnip Truck?
a shit-covered salami cart
xtop20A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #220
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 4,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlr View Post
@eugenelaverty: This time Marquez wasn't out of order. When someone overtakes you + closes the door shortly before braking you should always brake early.
+1
Also at the rate MM went by luthi I could understand him thinking he had actually been further in front of him than he was when he assumed his normal line. There was a hell of a lot of scrapping in that moto2 race. That none of the front guys went down is amazing. Great stuff.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:14 PM   #221
xtop20A
Banned
 
xtop20A's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: grants ass oregon, er, pass
Oddometer: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocketjock View Post
It's odd to see Vale so negative,its the first time in his career hes had to deal with fighting for 10th position so its understandable i'd say.It will be interesting to see what comes to be in the coming months,he's well aware the history book is wide open.It's hard to imagine him going to wsbk next season but really if hes going to stay on two wheels where else can he go? Gresini? Regardless I imagine it won't surprise anyone if he isn't a factory Ducati rider in '13. Not quite the Italian dream team.It'd be nice to see Rossi/Biaggi battles again..better yet if they were factory Aprillia riders
it is not just the bike rossi has lost his edge
xtop20A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #222
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter
 
dontlr's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Queen Creek AZ - Its a dry heat
Oddometer: 2,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
+1
Also at the rate MM went by luthi I could understand him thinking he had actually been further in front of him than he was when he assumed his normal line. There was a hell of a lot of scrapping in that moto2 race. That none of the front guys went down is amazing. Great stuff.
They mentioned lots of shadows here as well and maybe he was thrown off not realizing it was someone elses

I liked the white marks Marquez was leaving from his elbows, great camera work



Pearl Trophy

These were very nice
dontlr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #223
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait
 
UngaWunga's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: NH
Oddometer: 7,091
If you watch the replay of Marquez's pass from the front, he shot over quickly to the left to put the squeeze on Luthi. He'll get his soon. Not a fan of the kid.

And Rossi needs to suck it up and start riding. So things aren't perfect. Boo hoo. He and Burgess were lost all weekend until they copied Hayden's settings. Stoner said last year that Hayden should ignore Rossi's settings and ride the bike like he wants to. Worked for him today. Hopefully it's a start for Hayden to get more towards the front. Rossie... meh.
__________________
"There isn't any secret," he said. "It's all very obvious."
UngaWunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:52 PM   #224
mysterio
Eventually an Adventurer.
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Sydney: Black tracks and concrete canyons
Oddometer: 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtop20A View Post
it is not just the bike rossi has lost his edge
Just confirms my opinion formed years ago, that he was a very, very pampered boy, by all and sundry. Most of all by the MotoGp organizers.
__________________
"This is the way the world ends/Not with a bang but a whimper." T.S. Elliot.
"This is the way the world ends/ Not with a whim but a banker." Paul Desmond
.
mysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:29 PM   #225
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.
 
BOOTLACE's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Methane Central..(Sth Gippsland)
Oddometer: 3,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
If you watch the replay of Marquez's pass from the front, he shot over quickly to the left to put the squeeze on Luthi. He'll get his soon. Not a fan of the kid.

And Rossi needs to suck it up and start riding. So things aren't perfect. Boo hoo. He and Burgess were lost all weekend until they copied Hayden's settings. Stoner said last year that Hayden should ignore Rossi's settings and ride the bike like he wants to. Worked for him today. Hopefully it's a start for Hayden to get more towards the front. Rossie... meh.
+1
And like, Stoner should mayhaps know what he's talking about, having won on the original. Several times...
I'm wondering if you guys Stateside saw the interview with J.B. before the race..? He wasn't exactly positive in his asessment of the situation, or his rider! If yuz didn't see it, I could rewind, and give it to you verbatim, if yuz like. ?
Looks to me like the whole shows falling apart. Calling Troy. Calling Troy.
__________________
bootlace
BOOTLACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014