Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2012, 06:40 PM   #211
okiegtrider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlr View Post
But as always we don't know the half of what goes on behind the garge doors..
I think we just got a peek into the garage:

'I cannot ride this Ducati' declares Valentino Rossi after Qatar MotoGP struggle

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98678
okiegtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:42 PM   #212
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter

Oddometer: 2,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by okiegtrider View Post

'I cannot ride this Ducati' declares Valentino Rossi after Qatar MotoGP struggle

More than a peek
dontlr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #213
Skowinski
Chordate

Oddometer: 4,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by okiegtrider View Post

Wow, that is incredibly negative.

"Nature never hurries, yet everything is accomplished."
- Lao Tsu

In memory of Nika: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=990697
Skowinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #214
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

Oddometer: 3,682
Sook.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #215
sprocketjock
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 801
It's odd to see Vale so negative,its the first time in his career hes had to deal with fighting for 10th position so its understandable i'd say.It will be interesting to see what comes to be in the coming months,he's well aware the history book is wide open.It's hard to imagine him going to wsbk next season but really if hes going to stay on two wheels where else can he go? Gresini? Regardless I imagine it won't surprise anyone if he isn't a factory Ducati rider in '13. Not quite the Italian dream team.It'd be nice to see Rossi/Biaggi battles again..better yet if they were factory Aprillia riders
sprocketjock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #216
Closed Casket
Suicidal, but a nice guy.

Oddometer: 798
I don't blame Rossi - they've had over a year to fix this and can't. WTF? All the state of the art computers and Italian passion for not being willing to be an also ran with the GOAT, AGAIN, this season did NOTHING? They do not look any better off than they did all last year. Good on Nicky for scrapping together a decent result but still not where he needs to be. I hope for his sake he moves to a better team / bike next year. Maybe the Tech III slot that Dovi will vacate once he move's into Ben's spot if Ben doesn't improve?

Spies was a total mystery but I woundn't write him off - it's obvious that Yamaha is BACK given HorHay's performance today. Still to be almost caught by Colin on the CRT Suter Beemer must be demoralizing.

Bradl was awesome in 6th for most of the race and will be exciting to watch. Easy rookie of the year.

I still see Stoner taking it all this year but Jorge and Pedrobot are going to give him a run for his money every race.

Moto 2 was incredible, and I don't think Marquez's move was harsh at all, it's not like he pushed him off line, he just held it. And as much as I like Luthi, he should be fined for hitting Markie Marq on the cool down lap. That was just BS.

Maverick was flawless, it's his season to lose. Such a huge future in front of him. And Fenati! Where did he come from?? Fantastic job!

Can't wait for Jerez!

2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio
Closed Casket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #217
Dagofast
Full giggety ahead.

Oddometer: 1,693
I can't wait to see what Jinx christens the GP12. What's even slower than a Turnip Truck?
Dagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:58 PM   #218
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter

@eugenelaverty: This time Marquez wasn't out of order. When someone overtakes you + closes the door shortly before braking you should always brake early.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #219
xtop20A
Banned

Oddometer: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagofast View Post
I can't wait to see what Jinx christens the GP12. What's even slower than a Turnip Truck?
a shit-covered salami cart
xtop20A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #220
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlr View Post
@eugenelaverty: This time Marquez wasn't out of order. When someone overtakes you + closes the door shortly before braking you should always brake early.
+1
Also at the rate MM went by luthi I could understand him thinking he had actually been further in front of him than he was when he assumed his normal line. There was a hell of a lot of scrapping in that moto2 race. That none of the front guys went down is amazing. Great stuff.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:14 PM   #221
xtop20A
Banned

Oddometer: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocketjock View Post
It's odd to see Vale so negative,its the first time in his career hes had to deal with fighting for 10th position so its understandable i'd say.It will be interesting to see what comes to be in the coming months,he's well aware the history book is wide open.It's hard to imagine him going to wsbk next season but really if hes going to stay on two wheels where else can he go? Gresini? Regardless I imagine it won't surprise anyone if he isn't a factory Ducati rider in '13. Not quite the Italian dream team.It'd be nice to see Rossi/Biaggi battles again..better yet if they were factory Aprillia riders
it is not just the bike rossi has lost his edge
xtop20A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #222
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
+1
Also at the rate MM went by luthi I could understand him thinking he had actually been further in front of him than he was when he assumed his normal line. There was a hell of a lot of scrapping in that moto2 race. That none of the front guys went down is amazing. Great stuff.
They mentioned lots of shadows here as well and maybe he was thrown off not realizing it was someone elses

I liked the white marks Marquez was leaving from his elbows, great camera work

Pearl Trophy

These were very nice
Old 04-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #223
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 7,091
If you watch the replay of Marquez's pass from the front, he shot over quickly to the left to put the squeeze on Luthi. He'll get his soon. Not a fan of the kid.

And Rossi needs to suck it up and start riding. So things aren't perfect. Boo hoo. He and Burgess were lost all weekend until they copied Hayden's settings. Stoner said last year that Hayden should ignore Rossi's settings and ride the bike like he wants to. Worked for him today. Hopefully it's a start for Hayden to get more towards the front. Rossie... meh.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:52 PM   #224
mysterio
Eventually an Adventurer.

Oddometer: 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtop20A View Post
it is not just the bike rossi has lost his edge
Just confirms my opinion formed years ago, that he was a very, very pampered boy, by all and sundry. Most of all by the MotoGp organizers.
mysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:29 PM   #225
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

Oddometer: 3,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
If you watch the replay of Marquez's pass from the front, he shot over quickly to the left to put the squeeze on Luthi. He'll get his soon. Not a fan of the kid.

And Rossi needs to suck it up and start riding. So things aren't perfect. Boo hoo. He and Burgess were lost all weekend until they copied Hayden's settings. Stoner said last year that Hayden should ignore Rossi's settings and ride the bike like he wants to. Worked for him today. Hopefully it's a start for Hayden to get more towards the front. Rossie... meh.
+1
And like, Stoner should mayhaps know what he's talking about, having won on the original. Several times...
I'm wondering if you guys Stateside saw the interview with J.B. before the race..? He wasn't exactly positive in his asessment of the situation, or his rider! If yuz didn't see it, I could rewind, and give it to you verbatim, if yuz like. ?
Looks to me like the whole shows falling apart. Calling Troy. Calling Troy.