User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
Flyboy08 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 775
Added a Remus

to my 07 GSA.....she's all done being farkled with the exception of Ohlins in another 10K

Just the perfect sound! Not too loud and the rumble is a pleasant especially during de-acceleration

I also added a Zumo 550 (replacing the 2730) recently.

07GSA....Holy Cow!
06 K1200R "Der Naked"....SOLD...too damn fast
05 R1200GS "Das Boot" ....SOLD...already miss her!
01 K1200RSFL "Das Pig"
Flyboy08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
rpt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
Remus

now go see MAX at MAX BMW and get the ECU flashed you won't be sorry ...............Tell him Robert sent you
rpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
khale
ride dirty

Oddometer: 556
I love my Remus. Such a beautiful tone!

Have you found this exhaust affects fuel economy at all? I may not be riding properly or something else is going on with my bike, but I don't get the expected fuel economy on my 05 GS.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #4
Ducs2Dirt
Not quite all there

Oddometer: 168
Grats on the pipe. Im about to pull the trigger on a Hexacone slip on myself for my '11 GSA. Then do the header in a few months. Im not made out of money. I was gonna cheap out and get a leo vince or something but I decided against that. My brain must of been on hiatus when I was looking cheap pipes last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpt View Post
now go see MAX at MAX BMW and get the ECU flashed you won't be sorry ...............Tell him Robert sent you
What kind of flash do they do at Max's? I remember talking to Max about 8 months ago when i brought my GSA in for the break in service and we touched upon it, but never talked more than that. We never talked price either and what the bike needs for a complete flash. Maybe ill hold off and get the headers sooner rather than later and make it a more complete tune?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khale View Post
I love my Remus. Such a beautiful tone!

Have you found this exhaust affects fuel economy at all? I may not be riding properly or something else is going on with my bike, but I don't get the expected fuel economy on my 05 GS.
I remember 2 years ago when I had an Offenbach slip-on on my 07 GS, i thought it hurt the mileage a little bit. But it was untuned and running a stock air filter. But it seemed it fine after a few hundred miles. The mileage and range came back. Either the bike adjusted itself or I adjusted my wrist. Im not sure, maybe im just crazy. but I was getting 175miles per tank before the slip on. Then it fell to 160 miles per tank after I put it on. Then it went back to 175 or so. All back roads kind of riding.
Ducs2Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #5
WeazyBuddha
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer: 4,496
Went to the Remus USA website and notice they have a number of exhausts for the GSs. Which specific one did you get?

I have a feeling that it is hard to judge the increase in loudness vs OEM from the seat of the bike i.e. it may be much louder to someone standing. I'm a bit interested in an aftermarket exhaust but really fear of making the bike too loud. Comments from anyone about the noise factor vs oem?
Old 04-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #6
mattjw916
never wears lip balm

Oddometer: 310
I have a Remus hexcone titanium silencer and headers on my 2011. With the noise dampening insert in the bike is loud-er but nothing compared to a Harley with typical aftermarket pipes or even the average sportbike with a straight perforated type canister.

I suppose I could grab a decibel reading of it with my iphone if you wanted a more specific answer lol.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #7
Ducs2Dirt
Not quite all there

How is it without the db killer?

I just pulled the trigger on the slip on section for my 2011 an hour ago and it should be here in a week I think. Im gonna order the header as soon as the money is in order.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #8
mattjw916
never wears lip balm

I've never taken mine out but I imagine it would be a lot louder esp at WOT or anything near it. Well over 100db at anything other than idle would be my guess.

In the garage my Ducati 748 with carbon fiber canisters idles at 88db but is a LOT louder when actually riding it. The BMW sitting right next to it idles at 90db but is far less painful on the road since it's turning less RPM at any given time I'm guessing. Even though they are both twins, they sound totally different.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #9
Flyboy08 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducs2Dirt View Post
How is it without the db killer?

I just pulled the trigger on the slip on section for my 2011 an hour ago and it should be here in a week I think. Im gonna order the header as soon as the money is in order.

Nice, you're gonna be one happy camper

07GSA....Holy Cow!
06 K1200R "Der Naked"....SOLD...too damn fast
05 R1200GS "Das Boot" ....SOLD...already miss her!
01 K1200RSFL "Das Pig"
Flyboy08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #10
Ducs2Dirt
Not quite all there

Im a little late to chime in here, but i put the remus hexacone on about 2 weeks ago. First off, its perfect. loud when it needs to be or quiet when you're just babying the throttle. And of course the bike pops alot more now.

Secondly, MY GOD DID IT STINK FOR THE FIRST FEW HOURS. It still smelled a bit, even after i put on like 200 miles that week.

Im running it without the db killer and I like it. I ran it with it the first day and it sounded just a bit louder than stock, but I pulled it out the following day and haven't put it back in since. Its considerably louder without it when you get on it, but if I'm just easily going down a road, its pretty quiet yet.

Now im on the fence about buying the header. Is it worth it? Louder even?
Old 05-01-2012, 06:54 AM   #11
mattjw916
never wears lip balm

Even if there wasn't any performance change, the Remus headers makes the bike noticeably lighter. As of this moment I've done a canisterectomy, added a booster plug, and full Remus system. The GS no longer feels like a big heavy bike anymore to me, just a tall one with a nice meaty throttle response. I'm sure after I switch to a Lithium battery and swap out some more bits here and there the total weight loss will be even more pronounced.

As Ferris says, "If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."
Old 05-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #12
Ducs2Dirt
Not quite all there

Mmmm...Im probably gonna go for it. I just paid off about 75% of the can today on the credit card. Maybe tomorrow ill order the header. I really dont know why I asked if it was worth it last night. I was getting bombarded with questions from a friend of mine at the same time I posted it and must of gotten a little confused. That happens to me too easily sometimes.

Deleting the cat will stop it from cooking the tranny, weight savings, can run leaded gas, it looks sexy, chicks dig nice pipes....the list goes on.

Two questions for ya though, Matt. Has running the remus header, that has no balance pipe, effect the power in any way? and, Are you running the stock skidplate or something else. I've been holding out from upgrading the factory skid plate in fear or clearances with the remus header.

Thanks
Old 05-02-2012, 02:54 AM   #13
Spoke
semi-feral teen

Oddometer: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducs2Dirt View Post

Deleting the cat will stop it from cooking the tranny, weight savings, can run leaded gas, it looks sexy, chicks dig nice pipes....the list goes on.

Are you running the stock skidplate or something else. I've been holding out from upgrading the factory skid plate in fear or clearances with the remus header.

Thanks
Here is the Remus header on my '09 with TT skidplate and the fit is perfect. No problem running aftermarket skid with header.

It entered my blood in 1970 on a Honda QA50
Spoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:24 AM   #14
mattjw916
never wears lip balm

No skidplate fitment issues but most crash bars will not fit due to interference issues with the oxygen sensors so plan accordingly. No "power issues" to speak of other than having more of it and a lighter bike.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #15
WeazyBuddha
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer: 4,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeazyBuddha View Post
Went to the Remus USA website and notice they have a number of exhausts for the GSs. Which specific one did you get?

I have a feeling that it is hard to judge the increase in loudness vs OEM from the seat of the bike i.e. it may be much louder to someone standing. I'm a bit interested in an aftermarket exhaust but really fear of making the bike too loud. Comments from anyone about the noise factor vs oem?
What specifically are you guys getting and why?

There seem to be three (for '04 - '09):
(1) PowerCone
(2) Hexacone
(3) Revolution