User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2014, 07:37 AM   #1
jaydmc OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 876
2014 bmw r1200gsa

We now have on order a couple of sidecars for the new GSA, The first is due in late May or early June, we will use this bike to develop any hardware that is different from the standard water cooled R1200GS which we have already developed mounting hardware, steering modifications and a rear automotive wheel for.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793
jaydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:17 AM   #2
Wolfgang55
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,277
Neat,
Those ''wets'' are indeed another step up for BMW.
Wolfgang55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:17 AM   #3
jaydmc OP
Studly Adventurer

One of the bike is to be our demo bike, I just got off the phone, no one ahead of me on the waiting list would take a white bike, So, we will have the bike in 2 weeks or so and start the development work on it. No idea if it will stay white yet.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793
Old 01-30-2014, 09:43 AM   #4
davebig
Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer: 2,322
[QUOTE=Wolfgang55;23347403]Neat,
Those ''wets'' are indeed another step up for BMW.[/QUOTE
We're going to fall out again Wolfie, it depends if one thinks a transmission in the engine cases, more computers for only liquid cooled heads less owner serviceability and less gearing choices is a step up or sideways. They will be easy to sell white always looks good on sidecars and a certain number of owners want prestige at any cost.It would be a really nice demo bike.
Since they can generate more power the freeway flyers will like them.DB

davebig screwed with this post 01-30-2014 at 09:53 AM
davebig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:50 AM   #5
jaydmc OP
Studly Adventurer

We now have the first bike and will be starting on it shortly. We are taking orders for mounting hardware which will be different then the standard water cooled GS due to the fuel tank and crash bars on the GSA
Jay G
DMC sidecars
www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793
Old 02-13-2014, 07:18 AM   #6
Wolfgang55
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,277
[QUOTE=davebig;23349634]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang55 View Post
Neat,
Those ''wets'' are indeed another step up for BMW.[/QUOTE
We're going to fall out again Wolfie, it depends if one thinks a transmission in the engine cases, more computers for only liquid cooled heads less owner serviceability and less gearing choices is a step up or sideways. They will be easy to sell white always looks good on sidecars and a certain number of owners want prestige at any cost.It would be a really nice demo bike.
Since they can generate more power the freeway flyers will like them.DB
It is always good to know that you too enjoy a difference in views.

Our 09 GS was very good at what it did for me & there was at one time some very serious consideration to hack it. But our $ issues made a crazy sudden change. Sorry, more to the point here. At that time there were also some who thought that GS was a status system & also way over powered for DS riding.
We (my family group) are not freeway flyers but will use them to get to some place quickly if that is out intent. We see no shame in hitting 75 mph to give us more time at out play area. To be honest sometimes I enjoy the higher speeds & the bikes ability to move in traffic & not be WOT trying to keep pace.

As for sharing oil in both trans/motor & gearing ratios, I have to agree w/ you but for me I don't have an issue w/ this design nor the ratio limitation.

However you may rest assured, after time if I find these ratios not to be suited to my style of riding, I will try to detail describe what is not working for me.
Who knows I may be in for a not so pleasant surprise.

Power from the new GSW is at a way lower rpm demand (than the GS) & here is where I think perhaps attaching a SC would be less of an issue when taking off w/ a full load or just tip toeing over & around what ever is in the rigs way.

Only after taking a long demo rides on the dealer's GSW were we considering selling the 09-GS. We always wanted a custom built, up scale sidecar & to have a GS as the power plant.

Please take a demo ride on one of the GSWs. If you can, ride the stage 2 or level 2…it's the one w/ the different levels of riding/power control etc at your right hand's reach.
This is the first such system that actually delievered what I felt was a real riding difference between the instant settings.

ONE other thing about service ability; there is actually less service needed at the dealer level too…on the GSW

Wolfgang55 screwed with this post 02-13-2014 at 07:47 AM
Wolfgang55 is offline   Reply With Quote