Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2012, 09:07 AM   #16
JohnnyTh OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave54 View Post
the most frustrating part sometimes is the setting up of the radio.bike powered is preferable for vox as battery drain will impact on your usage .if you already have a confirm for vox on your radio you will also need to set the vox gain level up(call) or down(monitor) save it in less then 5 seconds by pressing the ptt button.turn the radio off and on again to activate vox. Apologies if I`m stating the obvious but thats how I set my kenwood up vox will not work unless your head and mike sets are connected to the radios by the way.
Nothing here is obvious:) im a total noob here.

When i tried to set up my vox on the kenwood nothing of what the manual sid happend. There was no beep when using key 2 and it did not read out the vox level.
JohnnyTh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #17
dave54
mindless thoughts

Oddometer: 56
well lets see now.
1.radio has power-check
2.radio channel is set-check
3.radio transmits and recieves using ptt-check
follow the manual guidlines for kenwood 3301 to set up vox with approved headset connected -check
This is where patience with a capital P is your friend,because it may/could take numerous attempts to set the radio for vox.If memory serves me I read the manual for my radio a kenwood tk-3201 as often as was necessery befor I finally figured out what to do. I`ve just read the manual for your model and the proceedure is basically the same.keep trying
dave54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #18
Tor
Native Viking

Oddometer: 801
My wife and I use Icom GM-21's and the system works very nicely on the Active 7 Plus. Different radio (just different interface cable), but same setup.

2005 Honda ST1300 / 2010 BMW F800 Gelände-Straße
Tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:56 AM   #19
JohnnyTh OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I dont think vox on radio have been activated. As when i follow the instructions in the manual to activate vox nothing of what is suposed to happen with a headset conected happens.

With power off and pushing key 1 radio anounced self, not a beep. Then no matter what i do it go to normal mode after 5 sec.
Then i can hear audio from the radio but cant transmitt anything.

Strange this is that if i conect the grey cable with power on, on bouth kenwood and autocom the kenwood starts transmitting and sound is transmitted from my hel et mic to other radio. But it will not stop sending then.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:36 PM   #20
BoxerDoc
Still a nOOb

Oddometer: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyTh View Post
Strange this is that if i conect the grey cable with power on, on bouth kenwood and autocom the kenwood starts transmitting and sound is transmitted from my hel et mic to other radio. But it will not stop sending then.
While I'm not certain, I have a very strong intuition that you should not do this repeatedly. It may result in damage to the radio. What I'm saying is, only make the connections with the radio turned off. I use ham radio gear and the manuals say do not have the radio turned on while inserting speaker/mic connectors--which is essentially what the Autocom plugs are to the radio.
BoxerDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:55 AM   #21
RocketMoto
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyTh View Post
I dont think vox on radio have been activated. As when i follow the instructions in the manual to activate vox nothing of what is suposed to happen with a headset conected happens.

With power off and pushing key 1 radio anounced self, not a beep. Then no matter what i do it go to normal mode after 5 sec.
Then i can hear audio from the radio but cant transmitt anything.

Can you tell me exactly what you have plugged into the other Aux sockets on the Active Plus? Specifically Aux3? Does Aux3 have a 2-pole or 3-pole plug inserted, perhaps? If you unplug everything else, does the radio work correctly?
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:58 AM   #22
JohnnyTh OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Only radio and helmet headset conected to the autocom. Nothing else. Same on other bike.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:29 AM   #23
dave54
mindless thoughts

Johnnyth,
Have you set the vox level on your active plus?
Old 04-26-2012, 12:51 PM   #24
JohnnyTh OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Yes the vox is turned way up so the mic is on constantly almost.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #25
dave54
mindless thoughts

Turn it down to half way point and find the loud spot where the mic is only activated by your voice.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:13 AM   #26
JohnnyTh OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Turn it down to half way point and find the loud spot where the mic is only activated by your voice.
Thats what i did first:( and i only turned it up on one of the bikes
Old 04-27-2012, 12:35 AM   #27
randel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 314
If your vox is (almost) always turned on, it's obvious that radio will transmit constantly. Try adjust vox level so, that it will turn on only when you speak.
One of my friends has similar problems with autocom and kenwood setting (constant transmitting), which happened mostly on wet conditions. We haven't actually found exact reason yet, but probably must be faulty PTT lead or radio itself.
If you have autocom PTT switch installed, you can try manual transmit (switch in mid position). If that's ok, adjust vox level. I had broken lead on my PTT switch once which also caused auto-vox not working.
Hope it helps.
randel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:16 AM   #28
dave54
mindless thoughts

there are a few issues here which need to be addressed.
Are you able to connect two headsets to one active plus for rider and passenger and set the vox level using the switch in the battery compartment and can you send and recieve .Is this working ?
can you connect and power one kenwood from your active plus and send and recieve to your second kenwood, bike powered or battery operated using ptt
Is this working?

Has your kenwood tk3301 got its vox facility activated,as per the manual?
Is its vox gain level set again as per the manual.?If so then you should be able to use headsets connected to both radios battery operated and send and recieve.?Is this working?
Remember to use the active plus to control your vox you will need to turn the vox gain to off on your kenwood but the vox facility will remain active as long as it is set up and saved on your kenwood.Does that make sense?Keep trying I know this can drive you mad.Regards Dave54
Old 04-27-2012, 05:18 AM   #29
JohnnyTh OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by randel View Post
If your vox is (almost) always turned on, it's obvious that radio will transmit constantly. Try adjust vox level so, that it will turn on only when you speak.
One of my friends has similar problems with autocom and kenwood setting (constant transmitting), which happened mostly on wet conditions. We haven't actually found exact reason yet, but probably must be faulty PTT lead or radio itself.
If you have autocom PTT switch installed, you can try manual transmit (switch in mid position). If that's ok, adjust vox level. I had broken lead on my PTT switch once which also caused auto-vox not working.
Hope it helps.
In normal operation it will not transmitt at all. But if i unplug it and plug it back in with power on it will transmitt. But will not stop transmitting even if the autocom vox shuts down.

I dont have a ptt switch. And the autocom to radio lead is new, radio is new to. And same problem on bouth bikes. They have exact same autocom kit
Old 04-27-2012, 05:41 AM   #30
JohnnyTh OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
there are a few issues here which need to be addressed.
Are you able to connect two headsets to one active plus for rider and passenger and set the vox level using the switch in the battery compartment and can you send and recieve .Is this working ?
can you connect and power one kenwood from your active plus and send and recieve to your second kenwood, bike powered or battery operated using ptt
Is this working?

Has your kenwood tk3301 got its vox facility activated,as per the manual?
Is its vox gain level set again as per the manual.?If so then you should be able to use headsets connected to both radios battery operated and send and recieve.?Is this working?
Remember to use the active plus to control your vox you will need to turn the vox gain to off on your kenwood but the vox facility will remain active as long as it is set up and saved on your kenwood.Does that make sense?Keep trying I know this can drive you mad.Regards Dave54
The headsets for rider and passenger works perfektly. And i can adjust the vox on the autocom.

I cant power the kenwood from the autocom. So using kenwoods battery, but its conected with a grey lead 2369. I cant send to another radio when its conected. Dont have a ptt switch. Ptt switch on radio is disabled when its conected.

The vox on the tk3301 will not activate if i follow the manual. Looks like the radio dont understand that there is a headset conected. Manual say it will not activate vox if a headset is not conected.

Maybe if i buy a ptt switch it would send if i used the ptt. Only thing is that buying two new ptt switches is a fair bit of money if it still dont work. The switch its self is not so expensive but the norwegian import tax is nuts when the value is above 30 usd. (anyone have a used ptt switch i could buy for testing? Il pay new price;)